THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Jetbike Advice

Go down 
+13
Rotten Deadite
Dark Lance
Unholyllama
JackKnife01
Cerve
Rancid blade
Painjunky
Omega1907
CptMetal
Ispa
Jimsolo
Mth
SCP Yeeman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 15:15

Ispa wrote:
Unholyllama wrote:
My own experiences with Reavers echo pretty much what everyone else has said.  Units of 6-9, caltrops, no shooting upgrades, and an arena champion.  

One specific thing that I do that hasn't been mentioned is that I make sure that 1 of my caltrops is on the Arena Champion.  Applying the D6 S6 Rending HoW attacks to a challenge has worked surprisingly well for character sniping.  Even if I have bad rolls, it's still 2-3 S6 HoW hits that my opponent has to deal with before I hit him at initiative.

Do you give the champion any weapon upgrades? or not need usually.

I find CC to be the only upgrades required usually.

I used to do the agonizer but they are so fragile that it didn't make up the points. The last couple of games I have only done the Caltrops and haven't seen much difference. If may try using a Power Sword next time for the AP3 but not certain.

Given the fact that Reavers don't excel against larger units, it may end up just being easier to keep things simple and keep them as a disruption unit.

I also used to upgrade them with a Blaster/3 and it just wasn't decent. It was decent against Nid Warriors, Paladins, and terminators; however, not so much against vehicles (since 1 shot isn't worthwhile IMO).
Back to top Go down
Rotten Deadite
Hellion
Rotten Deadite

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 15:54

Hellstrom wrote:
Hit and Run can be used at the end of either player's Assault turn.  So don't do it in your own, wait until the end of your opponent's turn and then do it.  Then your turn starts and you can HoW again.

Oh, I see! Thanks, all!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 17:10

Rotten Deadite wrote:
Hellstrom wrote:
Hit and Run can be used at the end of either player's Assault turn.  So don't do it in your own, wait until the end of your opponent's turn and then do it.  Then your turn starts and you can HoW again.

Oh, I see! Thanks, all!

With Reavers I think it's actually better to hit & run every player turn unless you're in combat with a feeble enemy unit or facing an opponent with lots of Ignores Cover weapons. Outside of combat you have 3+ Jink whereas in combat you have only 5+ armour, so you're generally more survivable outside of combat. Of course, you still need to take into account how many models can hit you in combat vs how many units can shoot you!

Rotten Deadite
Hellion
Rotten Deadite

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 19:21

Count Adhemar wrote:
With Reavers I think it's actually better to hit & run every player turn unless you're in combat with a feeble enemy unit or facing an opponent with lots of Ignores Cover weapons. Outside of combat you have 3+ Jink whereas in combat you have only 5+ armour, so you're generally more survivable outside of combat. Of course, you still need to take into account how many models can hit you in combat vs how many units can shoot you!

So let's say I assault a fresh squad, do some damage, and then Hit & Run out at the end of my turn. Should I not be worried about getting assaulted on my opponent's turn, giving him the opportunity to Hammer of Wrath me? Or is there a reason why that might not be nearly as concerning as I think it is?
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 19:35

Depends on the model you are running from or that is around. If they have the hammer of wrath rule or not. If bikes, then possible. Monstrous creature depends on how fast it can move.
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 19:49

With regards to Hit and Run, I estimate a 9" movement. While that's a little below average on 3D6, it is a fairly reliable measurement to gauge planned directions and locations of where I'll fly to. If there's terrain that far away, great. If that'll put me on the far side of a building, even better. If it's open ground, then I better be ready to be assaulted the following turn if I H&R on my own turn and not just my opponent's.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 23:59

So I was thinking of 5 squads of 6 each. Ally in the harlequin formation in the back and run harlequin bikes as tank hunters and reavers as combat units. Use the shuriken cannon as well. The rerolling failed jonk saves gives that some survivability. Also, some elite raiders with blasterborn would be good I think.
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25 2015, 16:39

I believe only the formation may use the formation's rules so your reavers would not benefit from it.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26 2015, 16:42

Correct, but still you have a 3 up jink on revears and then you use the harlequins to put down surpresses fire as well as the numerous poison shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Advice   Reaver Jetbike Advice - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Jetbike Advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: