THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Raider/Venom Fleet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

1500 Raider/Venom Fleet Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 14:35

I've been working on making a 1500 point army list utilizing the Real Space Raiders detachment to create a MSU list of our workhorse units; Raiders and Venoms. The premise is to get as many lances and splinter shots on the board as possible while opting for 14-16 units total.

Archon (Blaster, HWG)

Warriors x5 (Blaster), Raider (DL, AS)

Venom (SC x2)
Venom (SC x2)
Venom (SC x2)
Venom (SC x2)
Venom (SC x2)

Ravager (3 Dark Lances)
Ravager (3 Dark Lances)
Ravager (3 Dark Lances)

14 units
15 lances / 7 blasters
60 splinter cannon shots

I chose to have the Warriors in Raiders as opposed to the Venoms because I want the Venoms to utilize their longer range from the Cannons and it makes more sense to me to have a Blaster with the Raider because both units (warriors and raider) would be positioned to look at vehicles on the board.

The Aethersails on the Raiders and HWG on the Archon because I had points leftover. I know I dont have Anti-Air but a Razorwing would be too expensive and bring my unit count below 14 and only two lances in the air I believe wont give me much of an advantage. I feel with this many units I can effectively ignore them and focus on the ground game. If a flyer hovers, well then I got plenty of shots I can pour into it anyways.

I'd love to hear of your ideas on these types of builds and if you have any suggestions/comments!
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 20:56

i think its cool! Smile similar to what im running

if you add up the points of the AS and the archon you have 110 points

take one lhamean for 10 points and you have 100 points to play with, maybe drop one venom and then you can have a 3blaster blasterborn unit in a raider
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 13:13

thanks!

i absolutely agree and have though of using the Court to save points on an otherwise useless HQ slot where I could add another Raider or Venom etc. and in a more competitive setting I most likely would. Just personally the idea of the court, the models, everything just feels so slapped together like an after thought of "hey we should add something to the roster". I wasn't around when the 5th ed codex came out so seeing them now I just don't get them, they dont feel Dark Eldar to me. Its a personal choice Smile.

"cheaper" Blasterborn units in a Raider would make a nice addition and its the first thing I thought about at a 1850 points level. I like just running them with 3 blasters at 160 points in a Raider. saves you 30 points if you double up on a unit like that plus you get the 4th lance off the Raider.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 20:40

I really feel the same way about the court. But we are all about small balling and many cheap units so it comes handy to be able to take a 10 point HQ with a transport option. I don't have any of the models so I just use a Wych to represent the lhamean. At least there I get to use one of my painted wyches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26 2015, 00:15

i've actually just realized that if I send one Venom to the Archon as a personal transport and another to replace one of the Raiders I can use CAD and get objective secure back at the cost of one Dark Lance.

Good trade? one dark lance for obj sec? im thinking so.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28 2015, 09:21

I don't think it is a good idea because you already got so many obsec units and we need every dl we can get
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Raider/Venom Fleet   1500 Raider/Venom Fleet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Raider/Venom Fleet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: