THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? Empty
PostSubject: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 21:51

How similar are the fits for the Scourge and Warrior special/heavy weapon arms? For example, would it take any green stuff or filing down the join to fit a Scourge's blaster arms to a Warrior, or a Warrior's splinter cannon to a Scourge? Yes, I am indeed trying to kit out some Blaster-wielding Trueborn on the cheap without converting the weapons, you caught me :p But if this does work, and it works both ways, a squad of cannon-carrying Scourges (after the obligatory haywire blasters) is a pretty tempting prospect as well.
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 23:47

The Scourges' arms and the Warriors' arms are nearly identical except for the weapons they are carrying. I actually used one of my spare Scourge arms on a Wych, so it should work perfectly for Warriors.

"The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and reveling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom." -H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 00:24

The body shape is slightly different which leads to little gaps under the shoulder pads

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
merzbau
Hellion
merzbau

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 01:09

Aw, damn. That's what I was hoping not to hear :/ I guess I can greenstuff it, but I haven't done that before.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 02:38

The gap is literally so slight that it can be overcome by using plastic glue, waiting for the joins to soften, and squishing them together. The gap is about as small as the gap you get if you didn't line your warrior arms up perfectly, so it's seriously easy to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsark
Hellion
Wolfsark

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 22:08

Here is a picture of a Scourge arm attached to a Kabalite warrior.  Its the model up front and the arm holding the knife.

Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? FNJ9kLi

As you can see, it fits nicely.  No green stuff or anything was used.  This ended up being one of my favorite Kabalite warriors because it created a unique pose, which in turn, added a lot of character to the model.  I wanted my Scourges to carry heavy weapons so I had no plans on having one of them carry that dinky knife.

The scourge kit is just amazing to work with.  There are tons of extra bits in there that I plan on using for different projects.  Mainly the special Agonizer for my Archon.  Also, I planned on attaching the little chain flail thing to the bottom end of my Succubus' archite glaive.  Giving her a unique looking, crazy and unorthodox weapon would really emphasize her master gladiator identity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?   Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapping Scourge and Warrior arms?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: