THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecam
Hellion

battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar Empty
PostSubject: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 18:08

hi all me and a friend are going to be atending a battle brothers torniment at warhammer world later this year and are unsure on are list. we have never done torniments befour and tend to only play for fun with friends. we are not going there to win but allso not to lose ither we just want to be competitive and not get tabled after 2 or 3 turns each game. so i thort i would put are list up on here and ask for your help and advice. the torniment rules do say you can go unbound and the list is 800 points each adding upto 1600 points but nothing can transefer over

dark eldar
hq none

elete
5 kabalite trueborn in a vennom 4 blaster with 2 splinter cannons 180 points

troop
5 warriors in a venom with 2 splinter cannons 105 points
10 warriors in a raider with 1 splinter cannon on a warrior and a disintogrator cannon and night sheild and splinter rack on the raider 180 points

hevey serport
ravanger with 3 dark lances 125 points
800 points

eldar
hq
none

troop
windrider jetbike squadren 2x gardian with shuriken cannon 4 x gardian with shuriken catapult 122 points
windrider jetbike squadren 2x gardian with shuriken cannon 4 x gardian with shuriken catapult 122 points

fast atack
7x warp spider with deathspinner 133 points

heavy serport
war walker x 2 with 2x scater lasers each 140 points
797 points

well thats the list we are considering and i serpose are tactics will be to hang back and satureate them with fire. then towards the end of the game use are speed to capture objectives and line braker. feal free to post any advice positive or negative change of tactics or models as any help is apreshated
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 06:53

Hey, only just joined this forum to ask a similar question. Coincidentally I'm going with my mate who's also going to be playing Eldar with my newly created DE list. Maybe see you in Bugmans. I'll post mine and then talk about out list then your list as well.

Dark Eldar (unbound)

Corpsetheif Claw (670pts)
- TwinLinked Splinter Cannons, 4x Liquifier Guns, 1x Ichor Injector

2x Venoms, each with 2x Splinter Cannon. (130pts)

Eldar

Autarch (for improving reserves)

5x Fire Dragons (Venom 1)
5x Fire Dragons (Venom 2)

5x Dire Avengers
- Wave Serpent

5x Dire Avengers
- Wave Serpent

6x Swooping Hawks

Like you, we're not expecting to win the tournament but we wanted to try out a few different things and it meant that I only had to build and paint 7 models for the event Smile

We're kind of relying on the Corpsetheif Claw to generate extra VP by killing people's non-vehicle units. We crack things open with Fire Dragons and Wave Serpents then hopefully eat them with the Claw. It's not complicated for ours.

For your list, the War Walkers look really strong. I really like them in the lists I've seen them fielded. Likewise the Jetbikes are great for capturing objectives in a Maelstrom mission, so they're a keeper.

I would worry that you maybe don't have enough anti-armour in the list though. I'm totally expecting more than one person to turn up with a Knight, so try and think of a counter to something like that or something even heavier. We were thinking of switching out the SplinterCannons on the Corpsetheif Claw for the Haywire Blasters to give us more Anti-Armour but I think we need to just put all the eggs in the clawlike basket and go for troop/MC killing Smile

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebellion.co.uk
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 17:19

Talking a bit more on here about how people run their Talos, may change our list to this.

Dark Eldar (unbound)

Corpsetheif Claw (600pts)
- No upgrades

3x Venoms, each with 2x Splinter Cannon, 1x Chain Snares (200pts)

Eldar

Autarch (70pts)

5x Fire Dragons (110pts)
5x Fire Dragons (110pts)
5x Fire Dragons (110pts)

5x Dire Avengers (200pts)
- Wave Serpent, Holo Field, Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

5x Dire Avengers (200pts)
- Wave Serpent, Holo Field, Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

That gives us 4x Objsec units, 3x Deep striking units with 5x melta each, 66x Poisoned attacks, 30 of them twin linked for FMC's.

What does anyone think?
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh
Slave
gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 12:11

Whoa, hey chaps also going with a mate to bb, de and eldar too. Looking at ur lists I'm frankly petrified. Saw some bloke taking drop pod space wolves too. Oh well, will be fun regardless I guess, see u chaps in bugmans.
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 12:49

Sounds good Smile

I think everyone's lists are likely to change, at least the Eldar components after this weekend when the new codex comes out. Going to try to not take anything too cheesy but I'm kind of limited in my list.

Mine's refined back to 2x Venom's and the Corpsethief claw (plus upgrades).
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh
Slave
gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 13:20

I'm really struggling to fit stuff into 800 points, I had hoped to field combined arms, but HQ sucks the points out of the list whilst adding nothing spectacular. I have raiders rather than venoms. The venoms I have are coven scalpel squadron hobbies. Will have to puzzle it out I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 13:23

If I could have got the Scalpel squadron in with the Talos, I would have. That D3 Vp's if first blood is really strong.

I'm only really just starting out with DE at the moment so no idea what to recommend... apart from being the evil twisted taxi drivers for all the really cool stuff coming in the Eldar codex.

If you want to be particularly mean, get 5x Wraithguard from your mates army, into a Raider Smile

I would definitely play to the strengths where possible so Haywire blasters, maybe some poison, but other than that, awesome transports for the ally.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh
Slave
gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 08:57

How's u get on? We came 31st, never won a game had 2 draws though. Faced lots of knights and a fellbkade! Which creamed us.
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 14:23

We did really well, we came 4th on VP's, and it would have been 3rd if we had added up the VP's in our last game correctly (forgot to add on two).

I felt really sorry for the last team we faced because everything went right for us, and wrong for them. They were playing Imperial Fists and they had 2 models left at the end of our turn 3 with an hour left of play, but conceded the game.

We won 4 out of 5 games. Lost the game against a double knight army, but it would have been a win if we hadn't rolled 5 x 1's in a row in shooting a knight with 5x Firedragons in an un-shielded flank.

On reflection, I think the winning list we could have taken would have had a pair of Wraith Knights with Double-D-Cannons instead of the Corpsethief Claw. Those things are insane for the points cost and would have given us more bikes.

The Corpsethief claw did really well... until they met D weapons. Lost 3 in a single stomp to a Wraithknight, but the unit scored around a 3rd of our points over all the games.

The Venom's, deep striking with the Fire Dragons on board were amazing every time they arrived. The new Fire Dragons are insane.

The final List was.

Eldar - CAD
=========
Farseer on Jetbike
3x Jetbikes with 3x Scatter Lasers

Eldar - Aspect Host (+1 BS)
=================
5x Firedragons inc Exarch
5x Firedragons inc Exarch
9x Striking Scorpions inc Exarch and Claw upgrade

Dark Eldar
=======
Corpsethief Claw formation, 5x Twin Linked Haywire Blasters, 2x Ichor Injectors

I don't think we would field this list with friends, it really was a competition exercise rather than a fun setup.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh
Slave
gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 16:28

How many gave u chaps the favourite game?
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion
Dyemor

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 20:43

I'm not sure, I'd left before they started handing out the care-bear prizes Smile
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh
Slave
gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 21:19

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar   battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

battle brothers list dark eldar and eldar
Page 1 of 1