THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eternal War 6: The Relic

Go down 
+4
Panic_Puppet
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Its_Rumble
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Eternal War 6: The Relic Empty
PostSubject: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2015, 18:18

So an interesting point has been brought up at the FLGS. That the relic doesn't state that the person who is "holding" it is capturing it. It seems that the "competetive" meta in CA and around the nation believe that it just acts as a basic objective and having an Obsec within 3" of it can detest it. I understand this reasoning but I just always have played the relic as a who ever is holding it owns it regardless of obsec. I just assumed that the "seizing the relic" part was designed to show ownership. Now I am not so sure.

In my personal opinion I think that it's just a WAAC thing the top tablers want the rule to mean because it makes it much easier to win Relic that way. But again I could be wrong.

What do you guys think? (BRB pg. 147)

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2015, 21:26

Depressingly, that interpretation of the rules would seem to be correct Sad It's worth noting that it presumably isn't the intention of the game designers, as they just lifted the mission straight out of the previous rulebook. But RAW, yes, an objective secured unit would be able to claim the points for controlling the relic if it was being held by an opposing unit that wasn't objective secured, provided they were within 3". I know my friends and I will still play that whoever holds it at the end wins though, as it's the only way that makes sense to my mind!

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 03:46

A friend of mine lost a tournament because it is within 3". It is an objective that can be picked up and moved.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 05:25

Yea I am not convinced that it is supposed to be that way.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 12:51

It would appear that way, yes. The rules have actually changed subtly from 6th-7th. In 6th edition the wording was that the relic "is worth 3 Victory points to the player that has seized it". Meaning regardless of control etc., it went to whoever had picked it up (under the "seizing the relic" section). Whereas 'control' is not predicated on having picked it up. The big changes are now that a) you can contest it and b) you can score it without having to move into base contact.

So next time your opponent's thunderwolf cavalry make off with the bloody thing, turbo-boost an empty raider at it on the final turn and accompany it with a stuck out tongue. "Neener neener" noises optional.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 14:29

Looking at the rules, the Relic rules do clearly call it an Objective Marker, so an enemy model within 3" would contest it. ANd if its contested, its not held or controlled, so can't be moved, etc.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 18:29

This is how out Local store players it, it came up in the rules once, everyone agrees if a NON Obj Sec unit is carrying it and a Obj Sec unit comes within 3" that Obj Sec unit gets the 3pts.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 00:30

Meh, maybe that's how GW intended it. Complete change to it. I don't see why you would bother including it in the Codex then because it used to be unique now it isn't.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 11:51

Its_Rumble wrote:
Meh, maybe that's how GW intended it. Complete change to it. I don't see why you would bother including it in the Codex then because it used to be unique now it isn't.

I do think it brings it more in line with other objectives, and it retains its uniqueness by being the only objective that can be moved in-game.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 12:10

I agree that RAW it can be contested etc but I also tend to think that it's not meant to be like that and that the unit that has picked it up is the unit that controls it unless they're forced to drop it.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 13:14

Count Adhemar wrote:
I agree that RAW it can be contested etc but I also tend to think that it's not meant to be like that and that the unit that has picked it up is the unit that controls it unless they're forced to drop it.

This is how I'll be playing it, despite RAW.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal War 6: The Relic   Eternal War 6: The Relic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eternal War 6: The Relic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: