THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wytch squad composition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tokendeadguy
Slave
tokendeadguy

Wytch squad composition Empty
PostSubject: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 22:56

I have 10 Wytches that I am trying to fit into an 1850 point army. I was considering whether to divide them into two squads of five in order to start them in venoms, or one ten or nine man squad in a raider accompanied by an Archon or Succubus.

I like the idea of having two smaller units in venoms that would be able to tie up if not kill squads of infantry while having the option of taking a haywire grenade in each squad for versatility. However, giving the enemy 4 easy victory points doesn't seem worth the risk.

Ten wytches in a raider seems like it would be easily focused down and destroyed before it got in close enough to have the wytches dismount and charge.

Nine in a raider with a WWP archon seems like it would be effective at first glance, then I realize that most things that deepstrike close to the enemy are prioritized, and without any effective shooting or toughness would most likely die the following turn.

Nine with a Succubus seems even worse than the other choices due to her not being able to take a WWP and giving the enemy easy victory points.

What are the most effective ways in which you have deployed witches?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 23:42

A succubus can take a wwp BTW. I would just run 10 with an agoniser hekatrix. Keep it cheap. Give it nighthileds if you have the points
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 00:06

Wyches are quite subpar. If you must take the, to fill points voids, keep them as cheap as you reasonably can.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 01:06

5 with Heka-haywire, in Venom.

They are a great unit, better than 5 kabalites, imho. Nice meat shield, good against all CM/CMV/Dreadnoughts (4++ makes theme a good stooper), nice drugs roll and quite good antitank skill (1 greneade throwed, 1 in CC).

Just remeber to use almost 2 squads, and use it togheter when u need.
They need a little bit of practice, but when you get it, Wyches becomes way better tham Kabalytes!

Ps: works better in support to another unit (3 Grotesques+IC?)
Back to top Go down
tokendeadguy
Slave
tokendeadguy

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 02:07

Nariaklizhar wrote:
A succubus can take a wwp BTW. I would just run 10 with an agoniser hekatrix. Keep it cheap. Give it nighthileds if you have the points

Ahhhh...

I only read where they can take melee/ranged weapons and artifacts of cruelty. Needed to look 1 cm above.
Back to top Go down
Agrajag
Slave
Agrajag

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 09:28

I always take 9 Wyches + 1 Heka with Agonizer in a Raider with nightshields and let them hunt down troop units here and there but you have to be careful where you move them - as you might know raiders can be shot down quite easily - so you'll better get some cover. When the time is right strike fast and hard. As soon as they're in CC they'll be fine. The 5 Wyches version in a Venom is not so effective for CC imo. With a Heka equipped with haywire grenades they're nice to take out tanks but by far not the best tankkillers in our dex. I'd say it depends on how the rest of your list looks like + what your opponent brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wytch squad composition   Wytch squad composition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wytch squad composition
Page 1 of 1