THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar + Battle of the Two allies!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Dark Eldar + Battle of the Two allies! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar + Battle of the Two allies!   Dark Eldar + Battle of the Two allies! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 13:07

So with the Harlequin codex out, I've gotten back into playing on the tabletop. But thats not really the topic at hand. My Dark Eldar portion of the list doesnt seem to change much ( a little teaking here and there for points, a model left in or taken out) was just curious as to what people thought about it...and which ally seems to be better. No book in front of me, so just guestimate (I tend to play 1850-2000pt games

Here goes:
List 1- (Dark Eldar/Eldar allies)
1 haemonculus/wwp/flesh gauntlet
6 grotesques/3 liquifier guns/ Acothyst
5 Warriors/ Venom 2spcan
5 Warriors/ Venom 2spcan
1 venom 2spcan
1 venom 2spcan
3 Jet fighters. 2DL
9 bikes
10 Mandrakes

1 Archon Jetbike, Mantle, laser lance, fusion gun
5 Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent, scatter laser
5 Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent, Scatter Laser
10 Warp Spiders

This army idea is to drop in turn 2 and annihilate any squad that looks funny at you. It definitely relies on terrain for the Archon to hide behind and the Mandrakes to hide in. Knights could give me issue... there was none in local meta until recently so I'll have to take that in mind

List 2- (Dark Eldar/Harlequin allies)
1 haemonculus/wwp/flesh gauntlet
6 grotesques/3 liquifier guns/ Acothyst
5 Warriors/ Venom 2spcan
5 Warriors/ Venom 2spcan
1 venom 2spcan
1 venom 2spcan
3 Jet fighters. 2DL
10 Mandrakes

Formation: (cant remember the name)
5 Skyweavers, all haywire
5 Skyweavers, all haywire
3 Voidweavers, Prism cannon (?)

This one could go either way with deploying or going for reserves. In the game I played, against 2 knights. I got the 'reroll reserves +" trait, and decided to play with fire. 10 mandrakes and a unit of warriors in a venom hiding in ruins was my deployment. The harlequins range isnt massive, but its just good enough to make a deep strike viable, and EJB rules let you spread out after you fire. At first I thought the 'reroll failed jink saves' was sort of pointless, with mirage launchers.... but at the end, my bikes were jumping in and out of combat, contesting and grabbing objectives. But enough of the Bat Rep.
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar + Battle of the Two allies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: