THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing Flock stand ins

Go down 
+3
speedfreek
Local_Ork
Onemeanduck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Onemeanduck
Slave

Razorwing Flock stand ins Empty
PostSubject: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 16:48

Hey I am looking for a model for razorwing flocks that arent $15 each or a conversion for much cheaper... Anyways anyone got ideas?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 03:56

Check those birds and bats (I guess birds are better).

In addition You can convert Ripper Swarms (eBay...), there are lots of those since nobody use them. Just unglue/cut them from bases, stick metal rods into base (plastic poles look awful IMHO) and add wings (You can cut them from plastic and bend like origami , pretty fast way to make batwings)

Also, I'm disappointed guys. Noone even tried to search suitable replacements (I saw like literally 2-3 users with models in Projects, only GW affraid )?
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 12:40

Local_Ork wrote:
Also, I'm disappointed guys. Noone even tried to search suitable replacements (I saw like literally 2-3 users with models in Projects, only GW affraid )?

I have no idea what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 13:30

I really wonder why people hype them but don't field those things.

Ok, I know, £50+ for "reasonable minimum" (literally, Master + 5 Dogs cost £52,20, that's 72 points) is... And those things are pewter, the "cheap stuff".

Nerdrage off.
Back to top Go down
Onemeanduck
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 19:43

i am defently going to field them once i can find the $120 for 150pts of them ug...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Thodt
Slave
Dr. Thodt

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 23:23

I too didn't want to fork out an obscene amount for a, IMO, pretty crappy GW model, so I bought six of the Murder of Crows minis from ebay (from Hoard O' Bits) for about £25!
There's still some on there if you're interested...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3479-MURDER-CROWS-Reaper-Dark-Heaven-Legends-/330602539267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9726903

+ LAST FM +
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/cythron
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 11:48

I am going to use bugs. Well, not tyranid bugs, but those bugs from khemri. Look way creepier and a much cheaper. I only have to find enough Khemri-players Very Happy

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 13:43

Yeah, I wholly support voting with your wallet with GW, sure the Beastmasters unit is pretty awesome but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend what a 1500pts Imperial Guard army would cost for one damn unit.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13 2011, 11:22

There are some examples of GW bit only (important if you play in GW or tournies)conversions for beasts by both myself and Hydra. https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t342-beastmasters

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Flock stand ins   Razorwing Flock stand ins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing Flock stand ins
Page 1 of 1