THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500point combat patrol (competative?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nullus
Hellion

500point combat patrol (competative?) Empty
PostSubject: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2015, 17:39

Hello there, I'm looking for some help with a competitive list for a combat patrol game which will be the start of a tale of many gamers style league (each list must include all of the models from the previous list).

This is going to be part of a competitive tournament and I'll be playing mainly against necrons, dark angels, guard, chaos and tyranids.

List restrictions for the 500pts are 0-1 HQ. 1-3 troops. 0-1 fast attack. 0-1 elites. 0-1 heavy support.

The two lists I'm thinking of currently are:

List 1

Troops
5 kabalite warriors w/ blaster. Venom w/ splinter cannon

Elites
5 wracks w/ liquifier. Acothyst w/ hexrifle. Venom w/ splinter cannon

Heavy support
Ravager w/ disintegrators

Or list 2

Troops
5 kabalite warriors. Venom w/ splinter cannon

Elites
5 wracks w/ liquifier. Acothyst w/ liquifier. Venom w/ splinter cannon

Both of the lists are exactly 500points and I'm happy taking everything in both lists onto the next stage of games but I'm not set on which is better at this points level. Any comments or critisims are welcome and I'd like to hear what you guys think this will struggle against.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 11:53

Possibly daft question, but do you have to stick with the same unit configurations? Or can you expand and shift stuff around? e.g. can you upgrade those 5 warriors in a venom to be 10 in a raider and toss that venom to another unit/a FA slot in its own right?

Of those two, I think list 1 is probably slightly stronger. It's definitely less likely to lose you friends (nobody will like playing against 4 dual-cannon venoms at 500 points), and the ravager with dissies will help you immeasurably against light armour/anything tough you come up against. With list 2, you've just got the comparatively short ranged blasters, meaning you could be caught cold by armour.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 12:48

I can change the units around and include pretty much anything from the codex as I have the models for pretty much everything.

That's what I was thinking with the first list as its capable of taking on any armour I'll come up against (a vehicle can only have a total of AV 33 for the 500point games). The meta for my area is often lacking in armour (with the exception of a tank company although that army isn't being used) but a few of the guys use a lot of transports which was my reasoning behind the ravager.

How would you change the list? Thanks for the input.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 17:00

I love Combat patrol But only ever played at 400pts... 40k in 40min Smile

Ive play de many times.. and they are really good... I mean.. Really good.

I would do something like this

5 Warriors In venoms + SC
5 Warriors In venoms + SC
5 Warriors In Raider + Dis Cannon
Raider + Dis Cannon
Ravager + 3 Dis Cannon

Vehicles are good in Combat Patrol
Long range is Good in Combat Patrol
Dis Cannons are good in Combat Patrol
The Ability to shoot many targets is good (Vehicle can shoot 1 Unit in open top another)

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 21:15

I like the idea of taking a squad with a raider but I always find taking them empty to be a bit of a waste of points in my experience. I might change list 1 to something along the lines of this...

Troops
5 kabalite warriors w/ blaster. Raider w/ disintergrator, enhanced aethersails

Elites

Heavy support

What do you think of that list instead? (That list also means I only have to paint the ravager as everything else is painted)

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 04:49

Nullus wrote:
I like the idea of taking a squad with a raider but I always find taking them empty to be a bit of a waste of points in my experience. I might change list 1 to something along the lines of this...

Troops
5 kabalite warriors w/ blaster. Raider w/ disintergrator, enhanced aethersails

Elites

Heavy support

What do you think of that list instead? (That list also means I only have to paint the ravager as everything else is painted)

Empty vehicles cant be very useful when used correctly. Smile

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500point combat patrol (competative?)   500point combat patrol (competative?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500point combat patrol (competative?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: