THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 TAC list.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 22:27

I have a 1500 tourney at my local store and I'm torn on a few choices. Overall list as follows.

HQ: 150
Archon; Blaster, WWP, Shadowfield - 150

Elite: 180
Trueborn: x5, 2xSC; Raider, AE, SR, NS - 180

Troops: 425
Kabalite Warriors x10, Blaster; Raider DL, SR, NS - 185

Kabalite Warriors x5, Blaster: Venom 2xSC - 120

Kabalite Warriors x5, Blaster: Venom 2xSC - 120

Fast: 215
Razorwing Jetfigher, 2xDL, SC - 150

Venom, 2xSC - 65

Heavy: 125
Ravager, 3xDL - 125

Dark Artisan - 405
Cronos, Spirit Probe - 125
Talos, Ichor Injector, TL Splinter Cannon - 130
Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun, Scissorhand, WWP, Sindriq's Sump, Vexator Mask, Warlord - 150

Total - 1500

What time on the fence with is having the RWJF or a 2nd ravager or a HB/HL Scourge squad. Input would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 23:52

I really like the Dark Artisan build and think it will serve you well in this list. My recommendations in regards to your Scourge/Ravager conundrum are as follows:

1. You're already spending 150 on your DA Haemie. Spending 150 on an Archon seems a little excessive.

2. Instead of an Archon, I would take those 150 points and run 2 x Lhamean with Venoms, which is the same point cost but gives you better MSU and more poison shots.

3. I don't like the Trueborn build since I think they're really expensive for what they offer.

4. Axe the Trueborn and the Venom you were taking in FA since you now have those as transports for your Lhamean.

5. Take the 180 from the Trueborn and the 65 from the FA Venom and use them to buy either two more Ravagers (you'll have to find 5 more points for this) or two units of HWB/HL Scourges.

Good list overall. Be interested to hear how it does at the tourney.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 02:25

First off, thanks for the input, sweetbacon Very Happy . I took some of your advice and re-vamped the list. I totally agreed with your assessment with the archon from the get go as he was too expensive and pretty much a vestigial model. I never thought about the Trueborn as I usually run them in a venom rather than the raider which brings them to 150, but I again took your advice and nixed them.

The Dark Artisan stayed the same.

HQ:
Lhameans; Venom 2xSC -75

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors x5, Blaster; Venom 2xSC -120
Kabalite Warriors x5, Blaster; Venom 2xSC -120
Kabalite Warriors x10 Blaster; Raider, SR, DC

Fast:
Razorwing Jetfighter, 2xDL, SC -150
Scourges 4xHWB -120
Reavers x5, 1xCC

Heavy:
Ravager, 3xDL -125
Ravager, 3xDL -125

Hellion

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 17:45

I like the list over all and it should cope well against most armies. My only problem with the current list is the 5 reavers. They just don't really seem to have a place in my opinion. The only use I can see for them currently is objective grabbing which dark eldar never struggle with anyway so I think they're dead points (and an easy first blood).

Not certain what I'd drop them for but even something like an empty venom.

The only other gripe I have with the list is the SC on the razorwing (even though I have one with the same load out as I built it without really thinking) as its spare point nts potentially better spent somewhere else (although this is a very minor gripe).

All in all I like the list and would be interested to see how it gets on.

Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 22:12

I honestly have not totally finalized this list and when I re-hashed it the first time I had the points left over and thought, "meh, why not some reavers". I'm trying to keep this list to what models I have on the shelf at the moment as spare $ is pretty much non-existent what with my upcoming wedding.

To meet the comp I would need something in the elite slot, but for 95 pts there isn't much available Crying or Very sad  Except maybe....mandrakes...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 22:28

Fair enough. I was going to suggest mandrakes as a choice instead of reavers for a backfield objective holdong unit as they're cheaper and suit that role better (4+ cover standard and easier to hide means they're a lot better than they were). A unit of 3 in reserve to try and grab an objective late game could work....... Maybe.........

You could even try and use them to help give you first blood if you go first as with infiltrate they should be able to pick and choose which units they can kill....... *cough*.....

The other option for 95 points is a unit of wracks with Acothyst w/ hexrifle leaving you 20 points spare elsewhere in the army although as with the reavers this unit doesn't have much of a role except trying to get lucky with instant death.

Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 22:58

Mandrakes could work for that. The way the missions run is a combo of the classic missions mixed with maelstrom. I think the reavers would be better suited for hopping across the board for those cards to get into the enemies backfield or for a unit that can quick steal the emperors will objective. Plus they fill that 95 pt slot perfectly. I'll be able to find a use for them I'm sure, but I always appreciate another view. Thanks Nullus Wink.

Hellion

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 00:52

For some reason I didn't twig to the fact that you've given them CC. This makes them much better (certainly better than mandrakes) but I'm still not a massive fan of them, although I really want to like them. They can be a good light armour killer due to rending HOW hits.

They are good for malestrom when you have to be in your opponents deployment turn 1 as well. Hope the list works well for you.

Sponsored content

1500 TAC list. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 TAC list.   1500 TAC list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 TAC list.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: