THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical

Go down 
+11
Tittliewinks22
Calyptra
The PayneTrayn
Deamon
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Azdrubael
Klaivex Charondyr
Kinnay
Jimsolo
Sky Serpent
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 23:21

Eldar are the new D Eldar but enough of that, how would you feel if we were to get D weapons in an update, what if the new Dais or Vect had D? Would existing units could you feasibly see have D?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 23:31

None we have would make sense.

Give us a LOW for Covens that's a Frankenstein esque Titan monster with a D strength über Liquifier, or D strength combat weapons (some kind of big ass razor net).
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 23:39

Well, the Voidraven bomb is supposed to be the best weapon the Dark Eldar can produce, openong a rift directly into the warp, so yeah, that could work (and make the Voidraven feasible!).

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 07:11

Voidraven Bomb is on my List, Ravagers could have a 2nd Fire mode and link all weapons to produce a single D shot, Vect could also be on this list as well as one use Wargear.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 08:00

Dais of Destruction - Ray of Death.

Something like - Place a Template Marker and move it from left to ride in the front arc. Everything under marker suffer D6 Strenght D hits.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 09:41

I could imagine the Void Bomb being D.
I could posibly also imagine a return for the Dark Gate as D. Small pieces of Wargear seem to stand out for me as things that would work well.
And if GW were even a little apologetic, the Crucible of Malediction would become D vs. Psykers.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 09:57

Yeah, when I was thinking about D Eldar and Vect, I thought it would only be appropriate to give something called "Dais of Destruction" a D weapon.

But the only other unit I could imagine having D weapons is the Void Raven. Not so much the Ravager, but the Void Mine just screams D and given the price of a Void Raven I think it would even make this unit somewhat balanced (I badly want those str 9 lances :/).
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 12:32

Void Raven seems fairly obvious... The Dais would make sense too. It's easy to imagine Vect going to war with the most detructive weapon the DE can produce.

Other than that... Like someone suggested, a coven based GMC would be cool.
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 13:13

Maybe one of the shot items from the previous codex? Shattershard comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 15:08

Or the Dark Gate.

I miss the Dark Gate.

Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 17:15

Void Mine makes the most sense, but rather then be just a strength d I think it should have vortex too.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 17:15

Well, if Darklight weapons were made D-weapons then they might actually be worth their points. Rolling Eyes

That being said, I think D-weapons belong in Apocalypse - not in regular 40k. Those, along with Void Shields are the equivalent of two kids playing war - where it descends into one having the "Invincible To Everything Shield" and another having the "Destroys Anything It Hits Gun".

Giving GKs a D-weapon psychic power was bad enough, but giving Eldar enough D-weapons to paper their walls with is a step in the wrong direction and off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 17:24

Agreed. Especially for the cost too; 10 pts for a strength D-1 template vs 15 for an 18"  strength 8 Lance is absurd.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 17:35

The PayneTrayn wrote:
Agreed. Especially for the cost too; 10 pts for a strength D-1 template vs 15 for an 18"  strength 8 Lance is absurd.

I'm glad our S3 APd6 Liquifiers cost 50% more than those D-weapon flamers. That really makes my day.
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 18:06

The Shredder wrote:
The PayneTrayn wrote:

I'm glad our S3 APd6 Liquifiers cost 50% more than those D-weapon flamers. That really makes my day.

Ugh. I completely forgot that insult. What the heck were they thinking...

Any chance of organizing a mass e-mail to ask they did that?
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2015, 21:23

Saw this on Faeit212 a few weeks ago. Hopefully it pans out, " Vect & the dais... on the horizon.. quite possibly as i saw an email subject title yesterday "V w/ D primary context and mockup art" so there's something stirring in commoragh, could be next month but alas it could be next year too, with the way GW works they could slide a one week." Sounds like the Dais will have a D weapon. I hope they release more supplements/formations too.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26 2015, 06:21

The only way gw will get the hint how bad they did on both codexes,one nerf jacked and one stupid powerful,would be to drop a void mine on them, ds some castigators into the office or introduce them to the dark gate... Even then they would probably go "huh"?
Yea I guess I have a bit of animosity going with all the codex shenanigans...
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26 2015, 20:08

I feel like that we should have crazy Relics that could be D-Weapons. The codex's always hint that there are things hidden away that are even too dangerous for the denizens of Commorragh to know about, that if they were discovered the owner would be killed/exiled.

Other than that I feel like they would come from Kabals, who focus on the ranged firepower it seems. It also seems feasible that the D-Weapon could stem from the technology used to capture suns.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical   Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar D Weapons; Hypothetical
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: