THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian

Go down 
+19
stealthy327
Skari
Evil Space Elves
Incubi Death
Foo
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
adesapere
Urien_Rakarth
SirTainly
xerxeshavelock
Khrivaan
Baron Tordeck
Despiciens
Todo13
Sky Serpent
Archon
Xelkireth
Saintspirit
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 19:37

That looks excellent, Saintspirit. Good detail and well proportioned, I'm very impressed!

How long did it take you to complete?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 21:11

Hmm... Let me go check the diary...

Here it is: I made the first drawings the 25th of october last year, started sculpting around the middle of december, and was finished completely april the 22th this year. So about half a year (but then again I had much else to do too, I didn't work on it all the time, rather the opposite).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 22:49

Way to go man!
He looks good.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 20:33

Thanks!

And now - just a WIP, but I think it mght interest you. It's my Autarch. Can you guess who he is..?
Clue: His name begins with a R...

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160229
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160230

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 20:42

I think he needs back decoration. Maybe a trophy rack without the chains?
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 21:10

Saintspirit wrote:
Just thought I should put up my other Eldar here. Can begin with these - they have earned some nice response on other places:
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 190421_sm-Aspect%2C%20Dragon%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Exarch%2C%20Fire%2C%20Warriors
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 190422_sm-Aspect%2C%20Dragon%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Exarch%2C%20Fire%2C%20Warriors
It occurs to me that these fellows would look pretty boss on a volcanic base. You could do a dried lavabed (blackened sand with some orange in the recesses) or lava.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 21:19

Xelkireth wrote:
I think he needs back decoration. Maybe a trophy rack without the chains?
I was in fact thinking the same route. Some kind of vanes or spines, a bit similar to what wraithlords have on their back.

@Foo - Indeed, though I prefer to have the whole army on the same bases. They have by the way gained grass to their bases now too.

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 21:32

Booo! Consistency is for chumpensteins!
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 01:42

Wow those are the fire dragons look amazing!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 16:14

I assume that with that you mean
Quote :
Wow those fire dragons look amazing!
, right? Thanks.

More stuff, after two months:

Scatter laser platform
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160215

A bunch of guardians and a warlock
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160224

And a Wave Serpent.
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160326

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 20:36

To continue, here we have the Avatar of Khaine:

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 137133_sm-Avatar%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Khaine%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000

and a warlock:

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 194260_sm-Eldar%2C%20Warlock%2C%20Witchblade

I am planning on buying that new phoenix lord, though I will probably wait 'til I have money for regular shadow spectres as well...

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 22:31

Loving the Avatar. Damn that model looks awesome when it's painted beautifully. Nice work!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 16:37

Thanks!
Next thing to show is Eldrad (though I usually use Artemis with Eldrad's rules):

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1120757

And wraithguard with a spiritseer:
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1130055
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160217

I hate to paint those. I tell you, I am not buying a single more wraithguard until they get new models. Evil or Very Mad

shamroll wrote:

Last edited by Saintspirit on Sun Jun 30 2013, 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 17:23

Here's a usual SS:
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1120159

And another Warlock:
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1160624

Something I could mention too is, that I have an unpainted Wraithseer waiting to be basecoated. Can't wait to paint it.

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 03:53

Saintspirit wrote:

And a Wraithlord (who btw probably was a Howling Banshee Exarch in its earlier life, as it carries a weapon very similar to an executioner):
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1140833
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1140835

NICE! I'm really starting to get the urge to paint my Wraithlord that I assembled years ago...

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 04:06

Very nice. Very clean and crisp job on all the models. Cheers to you sir!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
stealthy327
Hellion
stealthy327

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 18:45

Very nice pieces....You have given me some great ideas and that needed drive to get painting again!

Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 05:39

looking good man.

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 12:25

Love the Dragons and the Avatar. They look smashingly deadly.
Dont like the color concept of your eldar though - might've be because i'm Biel-Tan related...i do runtime wyches aftermath all and trying to melee what i can Very Happy

On the color concept: i like the black-red-orange, black-red-gold, white-green-purple/red. Well, maybe i like Biel-Tan color schemed because our national flag is like red-white-green...havent thought about that.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 18:39

@ Evil Space Elves - That is nice to hear, always nice when ones work inspires!

@ Skari, stealthy, mot666 - Thanks!

@ Enfernux - Well, to each his own, but
Quote :
Well, maybe i like Biel-Tan color schemed because our national flag is like red-white-green...havent thought about that.
that is possible of course... Smile

I'll try and fix something sooner or later for these, I have about six armies to work on right now so it is quite hard for me to concentrate. Shall see if I can't at least paint a shadow spectre and/or finish a wave serpent...

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 11:34

An illustration:
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1180957

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 09:40

At last something more. What could it be?
Ramandhir, Autarch of Tonesh-Ian, the Dolorous Knight...
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1200646_zpsa30e2bc2
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1200648_zps26968353
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1200647_zpsd4f9c99b

The flag isn't finished, manely because I didn't knew what to paint on it. Perhaps an aurora, or a sunset?

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 10:59

That's a splendid looking Autarch! Great blend of pieces from all varieties of elf, as well as fantastic looking white! I can relate to the pain of painting the flags, you always know that they'll look cool, but when it comes to choosing the actual design... Personally, I'd suggest either going for something that characterizes your army or the character that bears the flag, something of a personal standard. Perhaps a mix of both, even.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 08:33

That sounds like a good idea. And so, I painted the flag like a personal standard - Ramandhir as a bright blue angel, rising up from the red flames of darkness:

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1200654_zps269a095e
The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 L1200652_zps9e6afd87

Not the best of pictures, perhaps...

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 09:12

Great banner, really ties the model up! I see you've done it from both sides - I usually paint only one side, as I don't trust myself to be able to replicate the design from the other side, but you've pulled it off! All in all, a great Autarch to lead your forces!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian   The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eldar of Tonesh-Ian
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: