THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

[2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tankman131
Slave
Tankman131

[2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea Empty
PostSubject: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 08:42

I'm looking at creating a Dark Eldar army, as i have a bunch of models untouched from a box set i bought years ago. I have tried to create an army list that looks cool and effective, but i would like your advice on if it can be made stronger and hopefully fluffier.

HQ
Archon, agoniser, parasites kiss, shadowfield 130
>x2 Lhamaean, x2 Sslyth 70
>Venom, Splinter Cannon 65

Drazhar: Master of Blades 190
>x4 Incubi, klaivex, demiklaive 115
>Venom, Splinter Cannon 65

Troop
x10 Kabalite Warrior, Splinter Cannon 95
>Raider, Splinter Racks
x10 Kabalite Warrior, Splinter Cannon 95
>Raider, Splinter Racks 70

Fast Attack
x5 Scourge, x2 Heat Lances, x2 Haywire 120
>Solarite, Agonizer, blast pistol 40

x6 Reavers, x2 Heat Lances 116

Elites
x5 Kabalite Warrior Trueborn, x1 Dark lance, x4 Blaster 150
>Venom, x1 Splinter Cannon 65

Heavy Support
Voidraven Bomber, x4 Shatterfield Missiles 200
Talos, x2 Chain Flail, x1 TL Heat Lance 135

Total: 1996

So what do you think? how can it be improved? What can i do to use those 4 points? anything in my list i should get rid of due to it being inefficient?
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 12:12

I've got a few suggestion for you
Voidraven are way too expensive for what they cost. You would get more bang for your bucks with a Razorwing Jetfighter.

Don't mix weapons on Scourge. With the HL you want to be within 9" but with the HWB you want to be at 24" (which is much safer for them) so you lose shot if you are over 18" (but 9" really) and you lose effectiveness if you are withing 9".

Why Dark Lance on Trueborn? Are you planning to hide them in ruins? I would switch to blasters, which would allow them to ride their venom and be much more mobile.

Consider Night shield on your gunboats. That +1 to jinx can make a huge difference when you get shot by small firearm and since these boats are at the mex effetiveness within 12", you're going to get shot by bolters a lot.

Drazar... if you run him for the fun, goot setup but if you want effectiveness, drop him. Incubus are killy enough by themselves, they don't need a combat character.

Reavers NEEDS caltrops. Not putting caltrops on them is heresy at best.

HL on talos are a waste, vehicules will always make sure to stay more than 9" away. SC are cheaper and works well. If you want AT, replace them by HWB.
Back to top Go down
Tankman131
Slave
Tankman131

PostSubject: Re: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 16:12

Thank you, i will work on my list with this advice.

What could/should i replace the talos with if i was to just forgo it.

Also, i thought trueborn with darklance would be able to fire out of venom as a mobile gun platform.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 16:52

You can fire the darklance sure, but snap firing if moved. Keep the 4 blasters, just have the fifth guy normal, no upgrade (I wish we could just take 4 and save 11 pts)

What are you tying to accomplish with you HQ unit? It seems like an assault type unit, and it seems you want to keep that venom. Consider 4 Lhamean and save a bunch of points.

I may be miss reading your incubi unit, but you can only bring max of 5 guys. 3 incubi, 1 klaivex, and 1 Drazhar. I also would drop Drazhar, and add an incubi. You'll save a bunch of points and the unit will still be effective.

Drop the solorite of your scourges, and personal preference, give all of them either heat lances or haywire blasters.

Clatrops on the reavers. I would probably even drop the heat lances.

With the points you are saving, consider a dark artisan formation, ravagers with DL, or more scourges. Hope this helps

Voidraven is a very expensive unit, I find it doesn't make its points back.

Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 17:17

I would keep the Talos. They are an amazing counter assault unit. Space Marines will think twice before droppoding their expensive units anywhere near your Talos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea   [2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[2000] Dark Eldar Army Idea
Page 1 of 1