THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Freakshow Tactica Part 4

Go down 
+12
Psyan
Sigmaril
lelith
Klaivex Charondyr
Count Adhemar
Wolfsark
Aetius
Dalamar
BlackCadian
Dark_Kindred
Jimsolo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 12:51

I bought the Phoenix Lord too, allthough I plan for just using him as an Exarch. I think his rules could do with a do-over/update.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 13:07

I quite like his rules, although he's far too many points!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 20:04

Interestingly, his rules as written don't allow him to generate the Ld debuff on his own. I'd be interested to see if any tournament ruling body changed that.
Back to top Go down
Psyan
Slave
Psyan

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 07:00

Here's a Freakshow list I put together... I feel like it's good, but light on anti-tank for my tastes.

DE-Harlequin-Eldar Freakshow 2000pts

DE CAD or Realspace Raiders
Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, Armor of Misery & HWG (goes w/ #2 Grots)
X10 Kabalite Warriors in Raider w/ Splinter Racks, Night Shield and Dark Lance
X5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster in Venom w/ x2 Splinter Cannons
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon
Venom w/ x2 Splinter Cannons

Grotesquerie
Urien Rakarth
X4 Uber Grotesques including Aberration w/ Agoniser in Raider w/ Night Shields
X3 Uber Grotesques including Aberration w/ Agoniser in Raider w/ Night Shields

Harlequins Heroes Path
Solitaire (rides in Venom)
Spiritseer w/ Mask of Secrets and HWG (goes w/ Urien and #1 Grots)
Death Jester w/ HWG (goes w/ #2 Grots)

Eldar
Heroes of the Craftworlds: Eldrad Cheesethran (goes w/ #2 Grots)
Wraith Construct: Hemlock Wraithfighter

Three models able to cast Psychic Shriek, four sources of Leadership debuff (more if you count Psykers using Terrify)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 07:23

Problem with that list is that the Eldar makes it Unbound. A lot of places don't like/allow that.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 16:00

If you take a single Windriders unit, the Craftworld detachment becomes an Allied detachment. If you need the extra points, drop Rakarth down to a regular Haemonculus. (You could also drop the gunboat down to another 5 man team in a Raider to shave points.) Also, who is the second Fast Attack venom for? (Your Death Jester would be better suited here, if there's room for him.)

You've got D weapons and Grotesques for anti-vehicle. Short of a razorspam-free-transports list, I think you'll probably be okay.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 16:15

Note that the Harlequin characters cannot join other units due to their formation special rules.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 16:22

Indeed. Good point, the Death Jester can't join the Grots.

I always run my Heroes Path in their own Venoms.
Back to top Go down
ethan122
Slave
ethan122

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24 2015, 23:17

I'm really loving this too much, this is amazing stuff, great work!!! I was curious about one thing though, is it possible at all to do this well without the (Craftworld) Eldar? I have a 1750pts tournament coming up soon but unfortunately it is very limited in terms of allies etc, they are actually not permitted. I can however take harlies with my dark eldar. Any ideas on any ways i could possibly make this work? It's going to be a pretty high end event with great players. Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Freaky fan.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24 2015, 23:22

Allies aren't allowed at all, or just Craftworld Eldar/Dark Eldar combos?
Back to top Go down
ethan122
Slave
ethan122

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25 2015, 21:24

Oh wow that was quick, thanks so much. Only harlys can be taken as allies. Kinda sucks but these rules are trying to stop super cheesy players from going over the top.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2015, 20:32

I've had luck with Harlequins and DE, specifically a Masque, and DE Allied Detachment.

Basically...
Harlequin Masque
Three level 2 shadowseers, 1 with the mask. 270
Three troupes of 5 caressquins in starweavers (1 is a DT, the other are FA) 615
Obligatory voidweaver. 75

Allied Detachment
Succubus with glaive, HWGs, and AoM. 115
Warriors in a venom. 105
Grots in a night shielded raider. 210

That should leave 360 left...you could add more shadowseers or death jesters, or put another warrior unit in to make the DE a CAD and add in more grots or a couple taloi.
Back to top Go down
ethan122
Slave
ethan122

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2015, 20:48

That sounds quite alright, well, awesome rather hehe. I assume they'd all go telepathy right? I think I'd love to give this a shot, lets see if I can get some harlies ready in time. Thanks very much, sounds sick!
Back to top Go down
ethan122
Slave
ethan122

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2016, 17:18

A year later and not yet played this :'( this time roubd its happening! What would I do with an extra 100 points giving me 460 free instead, does this open up new doors so to speak?
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2016, 00:50

DftS makes freakshow lists a little easier. Take an air superiority detachment of two Hemlocks, and in addition to your Heroes' Path holding the Mask of Secrets you've got 3 sources of shriek without having to put in much work at all.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2016, 03:22

I'd probably prefer a Corsair Prince with the mask, but that isn't a bad idea, presuming you're in an event that allows DftS.
Back to top Go down
ethan122
Slave
ethan122

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2016, 19:51

Unfortunately no DftS :'( only 2 detachments/formations/cads allowed and I can only ally my DE with Harlies...also without using the ally Force Org but rather a masque or formation. So it would most likely have to be a DE CAD with a masque, or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2016, 09:28

Im putting together a freakshow-ish list for a GT in Southern Spain (TDA), and by -ish I mean that I use ld shenanigans as an asset, not as a centerpiece, and as such I dont know if it counts.

Triple Threat 1600p army list:

Last edited by BizarreShowbiz on Mon Aug 15 2016, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2016, 09:55

To be honest, with all those scatbikes I'd consider dropping a couple of Venoms (-130), as you hardly need the extra AI firepower, and putting in a Succubus with Archite Glaive and Armour of Misery (+110) in place of the Lhamaean (-10). I'd also think about swapping the Heroes' Path (the formation you've actually got) for a Cast of Players (the formation you say you've got) and upgrading the Shadowseer to Lvl2. I think that leaves you 55 points for upgrades on the Troupe or possibly for a Raider.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2016, 18:37

Count Adhemar wrote:
To be honest, with all those scatbikes I'd consider dropping a couple of Venoms (-130), as you hardly need the extra AI firepower, and putting in a Succubus with Archite Glaive and Armour of Misery (+110) in place of the Lhamaean (-10). I'd also think about swapping the Heroes' Path (the formation you've actually got) for a Cast of Players (the formation you say you've got) and upgrading the Shadowseer to Lvl2. I think that leaves you 55 points for upgrades on the Troupe or possibly for a Raider.

Fixed the typo. Thanks for pointing it out!

I agree on the venom part. I have so much windriders that they are redundant. I may try to approach integrating DE on the list in some other way. Seems like I have some testing to do.

My aim was to go extreme MSU, thats why I'm not going for a cast of players with Inriams spectre and Veil and went with path of heroes instead. No room for pricey units I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow Tactica Part 4   Freakshow Tactica Part 4 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freakshow Tactica Part 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2