THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My beef with the 'Quins

Go down 
+3
Calyptra
HokutoAndy
nexs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nexs
Wych
nexs

My beef with the 'Quins Empty
PostSubject: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2015, 01:47

So, I bought some harlequin models over the weekend because I wanted the challenge of painting lots of freehand.

But when I looked more closely at the models, I noticed that every single models has a crumbled wraithbone construct on the base.
Why?!! This makes no sense. Not every harlequins army will be based on an Eldar craftworld.

So not only do I get to enjoy the challenge of painting freehand on all the models (exciting and fun), I also get to re-base all the models and convert trees and such before I can start painting (tedious and annoying).

That's my rant. Hopefully I'm not the only person who thinks they went overboard with wraithbone constructs...

Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2015, 07:45

Yeah, it feels pretty weird. I'd rather they just keep the bases unadorned and show them in running/leaping poses. A standing pose is even fine, many of the originals are standing and pointing and look great.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2015, 08:00

But the models are really nice. Except the stupid bits. It just means I have to convert more. Especially a death jester. grrrrrr. I'll get there

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 05:24

Yeah, this bugs me, too. I ended up leaving the Eldar ruins because I couldn't come up with an alternative (my models are on flat, cracked desert bases). I spent a lot of hours on the plastic Archon, and the plastic and finecast Haemonculi, trying to make their bases match my army.

I just got the Assassinorum game, and the assassins are all on elaborate Imperial ruins. I want their bases to match the game board. Imperial ruins do not match the game board. I am vexed. This is why I never finish projects.

Apparently GW's new thing is sculpted bases that do not match your anything, and never mind how you want your army to look.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 05:35

"Let us do things that make more work for you. You're welcome!"

Very Happy

Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 06:15

My problem with they new sculpt is the Troop master.. That pose..

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 06:27

is that the "almost splits" pose you're referring to?

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 01:37

shadowseercB wrote:

Well, you don't have to use those legs on him. There's two other pairs where the sash doesn't get in the way of the coat. If you even want to use the coat, that is. For example, my night Troupe Master has the female torso with the open jacket (I want only my twilight troupe to wear coats).
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 01:50

Rokuro wrote:
shadowseercB wrote:

Well, you don't have to use those legs on him. There's two other pairs where the sash doesn't get in the way of the coat. If you even want to use the coat, that is. For example, my night Troupe Master has the female torso with the open jacket (I want only my twilight troupe to wear coats).

When I can be bothered to put them together and paint them, I'll know what you're talking about Twisted Evil
Until then, I have some venom/raider painting to get done. I want a tournament ready army

Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 03:28

Basically when they created the molds, the idea behind it was them charging into battle in defense of a craft world that had just came under assault. That or defending an ancient Eldar world or webway portal.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 06:53

Have no issues with that.
Did build my models on a kind of "crystal snowy desert" and after seeing the quins I started to give them snow bases too. Proceeded with building terrain that incorporates both, so basically ancient eldar ruins scattered in a crystal desert.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 07:30

The way I see it, the webway is secret so there's not much that would cause infighting on a war-level (mostly political shenanigans in Commorragh). And the amount of times the dark eldar would raid a craftworld would be minimal.

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 07:54

As for desert bases: How about cutting the Eldar rubble down to a small piece of stone or removing it entirely?
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 08:11

I've done the shadowseer so far. I just pinned him to a giant protruding rock. I'll have to follow suit with the others..

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 08:29

Quote :
The way I see it, the webway is secret so there's not much that would cause infighting on a war-level

Tell that to Ulthwe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitimeFri May 08 2015, 00:07

Let's pretend they don't exist Razz

PostSubject: Re: My beef with the 'Quins   My beef with the 'Quins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My beef with the 'Quins
Page 1 of 1