THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Some possums wander by mistake

Go down 
+6
Rathian
Count Adhemar
spellcheck2001
Calyptra
The_Burning_Eye
punk possum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 02:23

Calyptra wrote:
Age of Sigmar can die in a fire and then sink into the swamp. (I think my own snit isn't over yet.)

I have some trouble with black too. I'm gradually learning that with black, less is more. Which is difficult for me, because I have always maintained that more is more.

I'm with you all the way on AoS. Given how amazing your work is I'm pretty certain that more is more works at least 99% of the time Very Happy
Spellcheck2001 wrote:
Wow thanks dude. I am humbled and touched by your words. I am sad that AOS had such a negative impact for you but I am super chuffed that you managed to stick through it and are still in the hobby. I find that it is actually the modelling and fluff that keeps me in this game. A lot of the time all the super powered crap and broken formations are just not fun to play against, and the whole imbalance is incredibly frustrating. However I always go back to my hobby desk and remember why I am really still in this game, for the friends I play with who make the game manageable and enjoyable, to the creativity and customisation the model range & background offers. I will always hobby no matter what GW does to this game, but I know If I had been a WFB player and had that happen to my game I would not be pleased in the slightest.

Your black method is simple but very effective, and you execute it with skill, which is why it looks awesome. I really do struggle with black, but I will try your method and see how I go Smile

Yep it's hard when your favourite game is totally disregarded Crying or Very sad  But the friends I play with are what makes it bearable (mostly because we have decided to ignore AoS and keep playing 8thed, we are also considering joining in with one of the old hammer events that pop up for time to time given that we still have our 2nd ed rules and warhammer armies books...
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 17:28

So I'd made a fair bit of progress since my last update but it was late/early depending on how you look at it so I didn't post up any pictures.
So since last time I've vowed and completed a dreadtober dreadnaught. I loved the idea of hobbyists world wide working on dreadnaughts over October and so added in a dread sooner than I was planning on and here he is Honoured brother Octo:
 Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 797
All very simple but a blast to do.
I also finally got round to painting a biker librarian conversion I did about a year ago, the actual conversion is jolly easy involving the Raven wing sergeant's bike from the Dark Vengence set and the librarian from the same. I've seen quite a few of these but I tried to give him a sense of action that is missing from some of the conversions I've seen.
 Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 798
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 799
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 800
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 801
So that's them.
As ever I'd love to know what you think, any suggestions or comments gratefully received.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 19:31

Well I've kept on keeping on and now have another combat squad. I'm mostly happy with these chaps, they just need the other 5 doing so they don't get too lonely.
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 807

Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 802
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 803
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 804
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 805
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 806
So some of the photos are a bit dark sorry about that I'll have to learn how to edit them a bit better.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 21:16

Aah I didn't read the intro and assumed these were Death Company! affraid They look amazing, I love a good unforgiven successor.

punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2015, 00:28

Death company? Oh the insult Wink  Mind you I suppose we share a desire to hush things up with the sons of Baal silent  Thanks I am very fond of the unforgiven I've had Dark Angels of one type or another in my collection since about 1990! I gave these dudes the helmet stripe in honour of how D.A.'s looked all those years ago when I ruined a box of RTB1's building my first Sons of the Lion.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 22:30

Ok so its been a while but I've not been slacking oh no!
the Tactical squad is now finished (well except the sergeants base but the paint is still wet...
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 008
I'm quite proud of the sergeant and his freehand scroll work
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 007
And the 3rd company motor pool is now open for business.

Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 001_6
It can also be a regular rhino
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 002_5
And because I'm strange I also painted the inside just so no one could ever see it.
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 004_1
Well that's it for now.
Hope you like these any comments or suggestions are very welcome.
Till next time possum out.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 22:34

This is one of the most beautiful space marine armies I've ever seen. I just, just, it's so good. And Spellcheck also inspired me so I can't believe he struggles with anything. I thought he was a god.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 22:41

Thank you very much, I'll be honest if you want to see beautiful space marine armies you should try looking at Bolter and Chainsword. I'm the first to admit my dudes are the poor cousins of some of the truly out of this world quality on there. But yes Spellcheck is one of my personal hobby pantheon (along with Caylptra, ESE, Bryan Blair and Brother Stobz)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 22:43

Look at Eye of Error and his stuff. Thank me later Wink
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 02:48

punk possum wrote:

Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 004_1

This is rubbish. 0/10.
I hate how it looks so realistic, and how clean the paintjob is. I don't like the effective shading and the detailed screens.
Most importantly, I don't like how much I'd be proud of it if it were MY work.

Laughing

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 10:42

Um... brilliant. A real pleasure to look at!

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 17:04

Stunning man, stunning! You have smashed it yet again. Loving the interior of the rhino too, that is just going the extra mile. I just glue mine shut Very Happy

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 18:08

Umm gosh thank you all. I'm humbled by all the nice comments. Thank you.
@nexs I'll be aiming for a few more zeros now Very Happy I'd be proud as punch to call YOUR work mine TBH.
@ Rathian I'm so glad you like, its super motivating to know that people appreciate your work.
@ spellcheck I'm not shy about my admiration for your work and the amount of thought and creativity you put into everything. So I'm more than prepared to let you off gluing a rhino's doors shut Wink  seriously though thank you!
@ Lord Ailno OK thank you for the directions to the Eye of Error's work stunning just isn't the word.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 00:27

Eye of Error's work is wonderful; I'm currently using more than one technique that I learned from his tutorials.

I'm incredibly flattered to be included in that list of names. Thank you.

Your marines are just solid. All the important parts stand out well, I really like the way the red accents are done, and you've managed to use red and green without making them look like Christmas. I wish I played against armies that were half this well painted.

Also, I'm really tired of seeing the same five space marine chapters over and over and over again, so I absolutely love that you've gone with something different.

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18 2015, 01:05

Hi all,
So a bit of house keeping first.
Calyptra: sorry its taken my lasy arse so long to reply. Yes the eye of erros work is beyond amazing I wish I'd seem it sooner. but in all honesty you should not be flattered your harlequins are just the jawdropping I aspire to one day have a 'quin that I've painted and be able to say that's nearly as good as one of calyptra's. I think its only courtesy to your opponent to put your best on the table I might be in a minority on this one but well you know. As to my choice of chapter well that was easy I come from a historical wargameing background so I like to have a framework to work within but I also don't like to just slavishly follow the crowd. So to sum up THANK YOU I love you
Now in spite of my online slacking, I have been beavering away getting a few more Astartes ready for the crucible of toy soldiers war.
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 001_8
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 002_7
as ever C&C welcome, nay encouraged...
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 08:35

Yep I love em. The head swaps work especially well. Amd the camo on the cloaks are great.

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 09:14

I'm so jealous of your talent. You're skills are one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22 2015, 20:35

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Yep I love em. The head swaps work especially well. And the camo on the cloaks are great.

SC jocolor

Thanks dude! The head swaps just seemed like a natural choice. Scout's are like teenage Astartes and so almost certainly happiest in a hoody, and then there's the whole Dark angels and their successor's like robes with hoods thing Very Happy  Glad you like the Camo I tried to make it tie into the basing so it at least looks like they are making an attempt at hiding..

Lord_Alino wrote:
I'm so jealous of your talent. You're skills are one of a kind

Gosh thanks.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 21:36

Hello all, I hope you have all had a good time over the festive season. Amidst all the frantic last minute shopping, visiting friends and family I've managed to squeeze a bit of painting time in.
I've played a few games with my Angels of Vengeance and came to the realisation that I had a boss man tooled up for assault but was running him in foot slogging squads that perform best at range...
So I kit bashed together a company master with jump pack so he could roll with his natural chums the assault squad.
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 2016
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 2017
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 2018

I had also hoped to get another combat squad done by year end but I'm forced to throw in the towel on this one as I'm due to be spending the rest of the week in Pompey with my in laws. (or to put it another way 170ish miles from all my paints and brushes Smile )
Still I've got 4 out of 5 done so its not too too bad I guess.
Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 2019
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28 2015, 11:01

Stunning as always Smile. Really like the kit ash for the captain, simple yet effective

Great job on the face of the captain especially. Really looks good

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28 2015, 13:28

How do you manage to get such perfect lines on the helmets with the red?
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2015, 00:29

Hi
@ Spellcheck, Cheers and congratulations on your successful proposal.

@ Lord Alino, Well I use a winsor and newton series 7 size 1 brush and just try to keep even pressure on as I go I also always draw the brush towards me. A tip that works for me is to keep my palm facing down. I should also confess that I tidy any wonkey bits up with the base colour afterwards. (It helps a bit that I have a 50year old motorbike that I restored so I got a fair bit of practice pin striping petrol tanks!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some possums wander by mistake   Some possums wander by mistake - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some possums wander by mistake
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: