THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pts new to DE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlphaActive
Slave
AlphaActive

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 21:14

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking these forums for a while but this is my first post. I'm planning to start a DE army and would be happy with comments about the list below. I have previously played Tau and really want this army to be fast moving and capable of charging at least a bit (Llhamaens & Reavers). I have gaming buddies with almost every army included so these guys need to be somewhat capable of fighting anything.

Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ
4 Llhamaens, Venom with 2 Splinter cannons

TROOPS
5 Kabalites, Raider* with Dark lance
5 Kabalites

FAST
6 Reavers, 2 Cluster caltrops
5 Scourges, 4 Haywire blasters

Total 491pts (I'd get some minor upgrade with the remaining points)

*A Venom might be good here but I want to get to try both transports and plan to ship Grotesques and units with Independent Characters around later on.

What do you think? Will they die horribly? Will the 5 footslogging kabalites be laughed off the table? Let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 23:11

They won't get laughed at as much as they will just have a hard time keeping up. Its gonna be hard to have 2 fast attack units in a 500pt army list. Which one would you prefer to keep?

4, even 5 Lhamean in a venom isn't all to threatening. Might as well just do one to pay for the HQ tax, or do 10 in a raider
Back to top Go down
AlphaActive
Slave
AlphaActive

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2015, 06:39

Nariaklizhar wrote:
They won't get laughed at as much as they will just have a hard time keeping up. Its gonna be hard to have 2 fast attack units in a 500pt army list. Which one would you prefer to keep?

4, even 5 Lhamean in a venom isn't all to threatening. Might as well just do one to pay for the HQ tax, or do 10 in a raider

Thanks for the reply Nariaklizhar. So I would remove 3 of the Llhamaens and all the Scourges. Should I replace them with more warriors (bigger units, Raider for the other one too) or would it be useful to add 5 Wracks + Ossefactor in a Venom? I'd really like to convert me some Wracks Razz but I'm not sure what battlefield role they should fill really.

Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ
1 Llhamaen, Venom with 2 Splinter cannons

ELITES
5 very cool Wracks, Ossefactor, Venom with 2 Splinter cannons

TROOPS
5 Kabalites, Blaster, Raider* with a Dark lance
5 Kabalites

FAST
6 Reavers, 2 Cluster caltrops

Total 494pts (I'd get some minor upgrade with the remaining points)

*A Venom might be good here but I want to get to try both transports and plan to ship Grotesques and units with Independent Characters around later on.
Back to top Go down
Zarth Vect
Slave
Zarth Vect

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2015, 07:13

I'm starting DE too and was bashing up a list at 500 pts
So far I have a similar build but am stuck on a HQ
Mine is as follows so far;

5 warriors, sybarite, haywire grenades, blaster in a venom

5 warriors, sybarite, haywire grenades, blaster in a venom

6 reavers, cluster caltrops
What is the better HQ choice at this level? The medusa looks rad at killing marines/ Llhamaen for cheapness/ sslyth seems good too tough and shooty.
Not trying to hijack thread just in the same boat as poster and dident want two posts so similar when we both have such similar lists.

AT seems ok on paper with blasters and strength 6 HoW but what's the worst we can see from other lists at 500pts
Back to top Go down
AlphaActive
Slave
AlphaActive

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2015, 14:05

Zarth Vect here's my thought on those HQ:
-1 Llhamaen is cheap but does nothing
-1 Medusae could try to shoot MEQ but if you fail to kill them you might well lose your warlord...
-1 Sslyth acts more intimidating than 1 Llhamaen and therefore might draw more fire and doesn't bring anything new to your force

I think Llhamaen is the safest and most boring choice. The others seem more risky but a Medusae could be useful in some situations. The Venom probably fights best with a Llhamaen since you can just ignore the passenger (or leave her to an objective if the enemy is slow).
Back to top Go down
Zarth Vect
Slave
Zarth Vect

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 00:42

Yeah I guessed as much pitty you can't give them some wargear but cheapness has its own benefits.

What are some of the vehicles we can face at 500pts and do alpha active and myself have sufficient AT to handle them?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 00:57

Here is a list Alpha, since you want yo try both transports: 491pts

Lhamean in venom with 2 cannons

10 warriors in raider dark lance and racks. One warrior with a blaster

5 warriors in a venom with 2 cannons. One warrior with blaster

6 reavers with 2 caltrops

Its kinda light on anti tank but would be a fun list to play. The best part about 500pt games is they dont take too long to play. Try an army list out than try another one.

At this level you might see a few rhinos, dreds, and landspeeders

Our poison does nothing to vehicles, so a lot of our army at this point level has to be able to damage on every turn, to something.
Back to top Go down
AlphaActive
Slave
AlphaActive

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeWed May 20 2015, 07:39

Nariaklizhar wrote:
Here is a list Alpha, since you want yo try both transports: 491pts

Lhamean in venom with 2 cannons

10 warriors in raider dark lance and racks. One warrior with a blaster

5 warriors in a venom with 2 cannons. One warrior with blaster

6 reavers with 2 caltrops

Its kinda light on anti tank but would be a fun list to play. The best part about 500pt games is they dont take too long to play. Try an army list out than try another one.

At this level you might see a few rhinos, dreds, and landspeeders

Our poison does nothing to vehicles, so a lot of our army at this point level has to be able to damage on every turn, to something.

Thanks again,

I think I'll start with this or something very similar. Giving multiple units at least some AT seems like a good idea (that's why I had Scourges in the beginning but I guess your suggestion beats the original list otherwise). This seems like something from which I would use every unit later on in bigger games so it's nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Zarth Vect
Slave
Zarth Vect

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 10:53

6 jet bikes or should I go with scourges?
Both look cool and I will eventually get both but which is better bang for my buck overall/ at this low points? Thinking the jet bikes as they can jink and boost using Los.
Back to top Go down
AlphaActive
Slave
AlphaActive

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 14:41

Zarth Vect wrote:
6 jet bikes or should I go with scourges?
Both look cool and I will eventually get both but which is better bang for my buck overall/ at this low points? Thinking the jet bikes as they can jink and boost using Los.

I chose the reaver jetbikes because:
1) Yeah I get to charge stuff! (I normally play Tau)
2) In 500pts I expect rather low AV so str6 HoW should do the job (in larger games I assume haywire blaster will become precious)
3) Maybe they are a bit more multipurpose compared to haywire scourges(?)
4) Jink & Turbo

What I don't like about them is that you have to charge the enemy vehicles so you might be trapped somehow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

500pts new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts new to DE   500pts new to DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pts new to DE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-