THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Paint scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AdmiralKosh
Slave
AdmiralKosh

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeSun May 24 2015, 06:43

What do you guys think about this paint scheme? The photo also makes it seem a little darker than it normally is. I'm rather new to the dark kin but thus so far I am rather enjoying them!

My Paint scheme Img_1012

-Admiral
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeSun May 24 2015, 21:45

I like it. I can't tell if the visor is painted though.
Back to top Go down
AdmiralKosh
Slave
AdmiralKosh

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeMon May 25 2015, 03:57

Yea it actually is, its painted a light green color. I should try and get better pictures.

Slave
Pirate Prince

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeMon May 25 2015, 11:21

I like it, the orange is a good edition to light up the grey, nice work
Back to top Go down
AdmiralKosh
Slave
AdmiralKosh

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2015, 03:24

Thanks guys!

Slave
Pirate Prince

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeThu May 28 2015, 15:10

Can I ask what the base is and how you did it?
Back to top Go down
AdmiralKosh
Slave
AdmiralKosh

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 02:21

I'm gonna assume you mean the actual model (but you know what they say about assumptions...) its just stegadon green base paint with some highlighting really, shows up quite a bit darker in photo's for whatever reason. If you are talking about the base it is just some brown acrylic paint watered down a bit and applied with several layers, then some of the blood technical paint dabbed on. I'm also thinking of adding some static grass to some of the more bare areas when I get a chance.
-Admiral

Slave
Pirate Prince

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 21:12

Yeah I was talking about the base, not the model basecoat. It looks really good, im starting my own Kabal soon (my current DE are the original ones from years ago, so time to update!) and im not sure what I want their basing's to be atm.
Back to top Go down
AdmiralKosh
Slave
AdmiralKosh

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 21:15

I'm somewhat in the same boat, I am just now starting DE after a tau army and an adventure into orks. For whatever reason I just saw my army in like a plains type area and thought that would look pretty good, so that's how I did their bases. Thanks for all the positive input it gives me motivation to keep painting!
-Admiral

My Paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint scheme   My Paint scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Paint scheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: