THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

building army up any thoughts on what to buy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

building army up any thoughts on what to buy Empty
PostSubject: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 16:07

Hey guys not sure if this is where it needs to go I don't follow through this forum very often but I'm looking at getting more stuff for my dark eldar and am at the point of being stummped. At this present time I own 3 grotesques 2 talos 1 razorwing 5 venoms 6 raiders 3 ravagers 1 void raven 1 razorwing 1 squad of scourge 12 reavers 10 incubi 54 warriors 11 wyches 15 wracks 17 hellions drazar succubus archon the dudes who create grotesques and wracks and the special character dude for them too. I've been looking at razorwings but some of my friends don't want to use flyers anymore (for whatever reason) I don't feel I need more warriors and I don't plan on expanding the wracks I have been wanting to do more talos and maybe also go with cronos for some covens style play. has anyone had any real experience with the forgeworld stuff for the dark eldar? I know I proxied the raven a while back and good god he was not worth his points because he's to spread out on what he wants to do and he's almost as expensive as a fully upgraded void raven. Is 5 venoms enough or would more be advisable. I do plan on getting more grotesques in the future. Have people tried squads of ten in the grotesqery? So keeping in mind that my play group is kind of against flyers i am looking for some advice. Also I own a bunch of cwe stuff so I have options for allies but I don't think my friends would appreciate them either since I do have alot of forgeworld stuff for them. Look forward to see your responses and thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 17:15

deekthegreat wrote:
I have
3 grotesques
2 talos
1 razorwing
5 venoms
6 raiders
3 ravagers
1 void raven
1 razorwing 1
1 squad of scourge
12 reavers
10 incubi
54 warriors
11 wyches
15 wracks
17 hellions
drazar
succubus
archon

Ok Now I can read it Smile

Honestly You have a nice amount already, its just personal flavor at this point

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
LanceDarkstrong
Slave
LanceDarkstrong

PostSubject: Re: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2015, 19:42

I like picking up more razorwings. But if your friends are down on them... That's tough. I like to have at least 3 in my bigger games. They almost always get their points back the turn they come in. Also, I've been having a HUGE success with the Corpsethief Claw formation. It single-handedly won me a game last week against 'Nids. So... If I'm you my next 5 purchases are 3 Talos and 2 Razorwings. But Amish is right... You've got a ton of stuff so it's really up to you. What has been your experience? And what are you trying to get out of the army?
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2015, 00:48

My experience is really just playing in friendly games. I've used more than 1 razorwing with proxies and it was awesome the army is great but playing against eldar I feel I need some air support
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2015, 13:23

I have been tempted to try the corpse thief claw seems like an excellent formation. I'm just not sure if it's gonna hold against things such as mass eldar shooting or a huge ork mob. I for one have had some serious issuesagainst orks and it makes no sense to me as to why I struggle so much against them with what I own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: building army up any thoughts on what to buy   building army up any thoughts on what to buy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

building army up any thoughts on what to buy
Page 1 of 1