THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making rules for a model

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Making rules for a model Empty
PostSubject: Making rules for a model   Making rules for a model I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 22:49

Some of you may remember this guy:

Spoiler:

Anyway, I've been having a go at making rules for him and I'm looking for opinions on whether they seem okay and also what point cost would be reasonable for him (I've put down 130, but it's not really based on anything).

Silence - HQ - 130pts

WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-Ld-Sv
_6__6_4_3_3_7_3_9_ -

WARGEAR
Nightblade
Baneblast
Clone Field

SPECIAL RULES
Fleet
Independent Character
Infiltrate
Move Through Cover
Night Vision
Power from Pain
Preferred Enemy
Sorcery

Sorcery: At the beginning of each friendly turn, Silence's controlling player may nominate one of the following effects. Silence gains the chosen effect until the beginning of the next friendly turn.
- Eternal Warrior and It Will Not Die.
- Plasma Grenades, Melee and Ranged attacks gain the Shred special rule.
- Stealth. Embarked vehicles gain the Stealth special rule.
- Change type to Jump Infantry

Nightblade: S:User AP4, Melee, Rending
Balefire: S4 AP4, Rending - may be fired either as a template or an Range 18", Assault 3 weapon.

In case it's not obvious, he's based heavily on an (upgraded) Mandrake in terms of stats and abilities. I wanted Sorcery to be similar to Sindriq's Sump in terms of picking an effect each turn, but with stronger effects (since they're really his defining feature).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by The Shredder on Mon Jun 08 2015, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Making rules for a model   Making rules for a model I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 23:25

He seems very powerful for his points. What slot is he?

Also, is he supposed to be an IC?

I know you based him on a Mandrake, so should he have Infiltrate?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Making rules for a model   Making rules for a model I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08 2015, 04:35

Love the concept, however I feel he is under priced. For 130, I would change the sorcery special rule a bit: get rid of reroll invul save and the eternal warrior/ it will not die. I like the plus one attack and shred rules, maybe make them 2 separate things though. I like the shrouded and stealth special rules though, very fluffy. Maybe give him a decapitate special weapon (mandrake champion special rule) where 6s (in melee) not only rend but ID too
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Making rules for a model   Making rules for a model I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08 2015, 09:06

I've messed around with Sorcery - replaced the 'reroll invulnerable saves' and changed Shrouded to Stealth.

Jimsolo wrote:
He seems very powerful for his points.  What slot is he?

Sorry, he's a HQ choice.

As I said, 130 wasn't really based on anything. I just thought I might as well put down a number to get the ball rolling as it were. What point cost would you suggest? Or, would it be better to tone him down? If the latter, is there any particular rule you think is making him too strong?

Jimsolo wrote:

Also, is he supposed to be an IC?

I know you based him on a Mandrake, so should he have Infiltrate?

Embarassed

Correct on both counts, and edited accordingly.

Nariaklizhar wrote:
Love the concept, however I feel he is under priced. For 130, I would change the sorcery special rule a bit: get rid of reroll invul save and the eternal warrior/ it will not die.

Is that really overpowered on a T3 model with a 4+ save? It's not like he's hard to put wounds on. tongue

Nariaklizhar wrote:
I like the plus one attack and shred rules, maybe make them 2 separate things though.

Hmm, making them separate seems a bit pointless - since Shred will be better in virtually every case. I've tried replacing the +1A with Plasma Grenades - do you think that's better or worse?

Nariaklizhar wrote:
I like the shrouded and stealth special rules though, very fluffy. Maybe give him a decapitate special weapon (mandrake champion special rule) where 6s (in melee) not only rend but ID too

I could, but that was more the Decapitator's thing. It fit his fluff as, well, a decapitator. Wink

I thought my guy really shouldn't pose that kind of threat in melee (especially when he can give his weapon Shred).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making rules for a model   Making rules for a model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making rules for a model
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: