THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scourges in a Bastion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

Scourges in a Bastion Empty
PostSubject: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 23:35

I just noticed that Jet Pack and Jump Pack infantry can embark Buildings, so I toyed around with the idea having Scourges in a Bastion, and that I actually kind of like it, as they are semi-safe in there, and can shoot out from it.

This is the only time I would consider Dark Lances on them to be honest, but I still prefer my haywire blasters.

Have anyone else considered using scourges in a bastion? Or are you all dead set on jumping around with them?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2015, 01:22

Jumping around/Deepstriking has been my preferred choice with them. I don't really like static units. Its too limiting, esp those with only 24" guns (Haywire). I did use a unit of Splinter Cannon Trueborn and a unit of Dark Lance Trueborn at the start of 6th for a few games but that's been about it.

They are still not immune to Template weapons inside the building - much the same thing happens to our units embarked in transports too so against a savvy opponent he will barbecue them at first chance. My meta is flamer heavy so I have to be careful with my Scourge Wink

The 4 Dark Lances is appealing but all it takes is a combat squad of 5 marines with 2 Flamers to pod in and you've instantly lost a fair bit of AT

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2015, 12:47

I would say a well tooled Trueborn unit is a better option. Otherwise your paying for useless jump packs on Scourge. Scourge are far better to Deep Strike.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2015, 13:33

If you got enough line of sight blocking terrain, I wouldn't deep Strike my scourges. Especially with Haywire Blaster.

Hellion
Duke Daedric

PostSubject: Re: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17 2015, 09:55

I tried one unit with 4DLs twice. It did well, but so do scourges with blasters and haywire.
Personaly I leave my DL for Ravagers and use blasters and haywire blasters on them to make use of their mobility.
However it is an interesting option and definitely your opponent won't be expecting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scourges in a Bastion   Scourges in a Bastion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scourges in a Bastion
Page 1 of 1