THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Plasma Obliterator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 00:10

I've been using this building when I play my Slaanesh army, which works well so far. Now I'm back to my primary&favorite DE army and thus consider how these pirates can utilize their loots.

FYI, this is AV14 building that shoots one 7"-blast plasma shot (S7 AP2) with an increased gets-hot risk. My idea is put a unit of barebone archon and DL trueborns in the building. BS7 will nearly assure the on-hit blast as well as nullify the gets-hot risk. Moreover, AV14 will provide a strong defensive power for our warlord archon as well as trueborns. In fact, this tactics is the very same that I've played with my Slaanesh herald and daemonettes. It also fits fluff perfectly, as WD suggested! Wink

Also according to WD Issue 63, the plasma obliterator is a heavy support choice, not fortification, which allows us to use the realspace raiders detachment. (One of my friends, however, indicated that it was errata-ed. Does anyone have information about this?)

Thought? Or better alternatives?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 09:57

The White Dwarf article did indeed mark them as Heavy Support (not with words, but with the little symbol on the datasheet).

HOWEVER a datasheet apparently comes in the box with the model which says it is a Fortification.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 13:22

Do you built your own version of that fortification or do you take the imperial one?

Sybarite
lelith

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 21:38

Squidmaster wrote:
HOWEVER a datasheet apparently comes in the box with the model which says it is a Fortification.

Thanks for the information! It's bit embarrassing for me not to even check the datasheet in my box Embarassed I just thought it'd be same to the WD. Well then, I'm not able to use a single RRD anymore...

CptMetal wrote:
Do you built your own version of that fortification or do you take the imperial one?

Since I purchased the GW's limited model, I've been rebuilding it with some LEDs and bits for an evil style Twisted Evil , like:

Plasma Obliterator Web_1811
Plasma Obliterator Web_1812

Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 14:55

Squidmaster wrote:
The White Dwarf article did indeed mark them as Heavy Support (not with words, but with the little symbol on the datasheet).

I cannot recall where specifically but I believe there's a GW Customer Service email floating around somewhere stating the White Dwarf was a misprint for both the Plasma Obliterator and Pipe Relay. Both are supposed to be Fortifications per the email (which matches all other fortifications and Stronghold Assault for the Pipe Relay).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plasma Obliterator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plasma Obliterator   Plasma Obliterator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plasma Obliterator
Page 1 of 1