THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind

Go down 
+2
Unholyllama
deekthegreat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind Empty
PostSubject: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 18:53

Hey fellow archons I've been hitting a Wall with dark eldar recently and am trying to come up with some new tricks to mix up my game. I've looked at harlies but god they're a tax if I've ever seen one insanity for what they do I mean it's cool but to much tax And really restricted. Eldar I feel like everyone will just say I'm that guy even though I love other units nobody wants to use like dire avengers and dare I say it mass guardians running 60 to 120 guardians is really kinda funny to see. But I've been looking at the desperate allies lately and have had some desire to try some imperial stuff for staying power like knights or something like that mainly for tournament play to just sit back and enjoy the objective or be a big ahhh I'm in hour face hope you enjoy super heavies. I've looked at chaos and orks and tau but don't have much experience in tau or chaos so orks are my other kinda Wanna try army with dark eldar mainly green tide with fearless banner and just charging down the board. Does anyone have ideas for a different allies besides battle brothers?
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 19:56

I've ran Orks with my DE a couple times to varying effects. In my opinion, formations like the Green Tide require too many points to be worthwhile as an "ally" detachment, it's slow, and it limits your movement as a DE player (due to it's size as well as the threat of "One Eye Open"). That said, I've had mixed results with a few other options.

BullyBoyz (3 units of 5 meganobz)
- After transports and upgrades it comes out to be 700-850pts (~900 with wagons)
- This is expensive; however, produces 3 hefty units with 2+ saves, WS5, and a PowerKlaw. They tend to distract my opponents when played ultra aggressively, allowing my DE to take things out as needed.

Blitz Brigade (5 Battlewagons that gain scout)
- Base cost is 550pts for 5 AV14/12/10 4HP vehicles. After upgrades will go closer to 700pts.
- I tend to equip them with 4 Rokkit Launchers (S8 AP3) and a Ram.
- Scouting up 20 S8 AP3 shots is scary for almost any opponent. Outflanking a couple of them is also an option most opponents don't like. Lastly, they are large enough to provide a large amount of mobile cover for our vehicles - potentially denying line of sight to a venom.

Beyond those two though, I wouldn't advise orks. A base CAD can be really easy to take due to Gretchin being cheap troops and a Mek being only slightly more expensive than a Lhamnian. But what to take after that is dependent on what holes you're trying to fill in your army. It's a fairly balanced book but nothing outright stands out as much as a Wraightknight or Wave serpent does for Eldar.

I'm curious to see what others have experienced with this though since there are some interesting combinations I think.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 19:56

In fact, harlies are not a big tax if you use a proper formation, like The Heroes' Path and Cast of Players.

CWE (I don't call them Eldar personally, as we DE are a genuine eldar Wink) is undoubtedly the best ally but there may be some claims from other players. Well, I think at least new marines, imp knights, and necrons cannot protest our CWE ally though.

Anyway, besides those two, I have been allied with imperial assassins (all four) and SLAANESH daemons. Assassins are quite good, especially the calidus is priceless as she can enfeeble enemy's backyard fire (centurions, deva teams, etc) who threaten our raiders, and thus make it easier for my grots/reavers to charge in Turn 2. The culexus is another good ally as we don't need to care about psykers - that'll be the enemy's worry.

Daemons are just for fun games...Sad Those disgusting ones once caused One-Eyed Jack penalty to bunch of my DE armies, as their lord commanded them. I used to bring a full-kitted daemon prince, DS-ing daemonettes, and outflanking seekers to avoid that penalty as much as possible.

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 22:15

Tau and Coven. I really like the story about Urien helping a Tau outpost defending against Nids... for a "cultural exchange"
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 23:10

Well when I looked at the harlies book my friend was explaining to me that you could really cause alot of issues with taking that main foc for then and then getting 7 shadowseers and taking one that gives a penalty to ld and you could cause a unit wipe a turn if you get psychic scream off with armour of misery or whatever item that isn't useless again and they shall know no fear and stuff. I like the Ideal of them but idk since I don't own them it's hard to test them
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 00:18

I'm not one to go out and buy stuff and theNow if I dont enjoy it then I'll want to sell it and that's where I've been before and donot want to do that again
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 00:40

Why not proxy them to give them a try? Wyches could be used to stand in for Troupes for instance.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 01:05

Necrons, Slaanesh Daemons, Dark Angels, and Codex: Space Marines all have interesting things to add to a Freakshow list.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 01:38

I don't own the other character models so I need to get some. I'm also missing bikes I'm gonna go with shadow weavers can be proxies with venoms just like.vyper jet bikes
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 05:53

Has anyone ran tau fire base support cadre with dark eldar? Seems like a good way to get anti air
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind   allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

allies for dark eldar the non battle brother kind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: