THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.

Go down 
+35
Brom
Rathian
DEfan
The Red King
lament.config
flakmonkey
thenick18
stilgar27
Azdrubael
Klaivex Charondyr
Xalopec
Leninade
Hannibal.Lictor
dhrakon
Creeping Darkness
Calyptra
Shadow Reiver
nexs
JackKnife01
deekthegreat
Massaen
CurstAlchemist
Raven Cowl
sweetbacon
helvexis
FuelDrop
Grimcrimm
Jimsolo
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
BlackCadian
Mushkilla
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
amishprn86
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. Empty
PostSubject: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 10:48

300pts Free for playing the units they normally play with. Insanely good formations.

Play a 2k Game against a SM friend, he played the Basic ?doctrine? formations that gives you Free Transport (6 Free Rhino/Razorbacks/Drod Pod) and a Knight.

I Honestly felt like I couldnt do anything.

Tried another game with Eldar Allies (Scatter Bikes and Wraithknight) He ate through me like a Bear eating a Fish. It wasnt fun at all, I did better against Eldar.

And my Local Group all feels that the new DA book is just as good, in some cases better than the new SM book..... I think Im going to play broken nids again for a while.

Coven could have a chance, But Knight even if it gets 2 Stomps its all over with.

I will be back when Im not as Salty. ttyl.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 11:10

The free stuff really bothers me...

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 11:11

I feel for you. Getting a large amount of free units with little or no tax is just dumb and IMO really shows the desperation of GW to get people to buy more models. Their financial reports are due out shortly and I suspect will, yet again show declining sales, revenue and profit.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 11:43

CptMetal wrote:
The free stuff really bothers me...

Count Adhemar wrote:
I feel for you. Getting a large amount of free units with little or no tax is just dumb and IMO really shows the desperation of GW to get people to buy more models. Their financial reports are due out shortly and I suspect will, yet again show declining sales, revenue and profit.

The Skitarri get something like 500 Free upgrade points too.....

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:00

amishprn86 wrote:
The Skitarri get something like 500 Free upgrade points too.....

Yeah but require you to take one of each skitarii unit a knight and at least a mechanicus cult hq and two troops. It's a good formation but you make sacrifices by being forced to take things you wouldn't want to field in the first place. It's main strength is canticles benefiting the knights and skitarii. It's also worth pointing out is you just end up taking a load of gear you would never bother with, all the expensive upgrades on squad leaders just because! Yeah my skitarii alpha has 5 plasma pistols and all the power weapons... the reality is  he'll never be in the position to use them. Very Happy

To be honest with all the free stuff 2000 point games just become broken. 1500 points not so much, as the space marine player has to sacrifice more to take his two demi companies which each require him to field specific units.

You might get free transports, but you don't get free upgrades on them. The minimum requirement for a demi company is 1 captain/chaplain, 3 tacticals, 1 Assault squad/Bike squad/Attack Bike squad/Land Speeder Unit/Assault Centurion squad and 1 Devastator squad/Dev-Centurion squad. To get the free transports your opponent needs to field two demi-companies. In reality if your opponent wants to capitalise on the free transports he has to field:

2 Captains/Chaplains (no librarians)
6 Tactical squads
2 Assault squads
2 Devastator squads

Thats a lot of points invested in mediocre units, personally I don't rate any of those units highly. So yes they are getting free stuff, but to get that free stuff they need to take a load of mediocre units.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:10

But aren't all of those units (including HQ and transports) Objective Secured? That makes for a really boring but extremely tough list. Try shifting 22 ObjSec units!!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:21

Count Adhemar wrote:
But aren't all of those units (including HQ and transports) Objective Secured? That makes for a really boring but extremely tough list. Try shifting 22 ObjSec units!!

They are, but I think the real problem with the list is it brings back razor spam and historically we have always struggled against mechanised armies.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:24

Every time I hear something new about the new books and formations it makes me a little sadder.

There are some really neat and not-overpowered formations out there (i.e. Covens), but if GW continues this madness all tournament organizers can do is ban formations completely. I know I'm thinking about it being the chief 40K tourney organizer of our club. It really sucks...

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:33

Mushkilla wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

They are, but I think the real problem with the list is it brings back razor spam and historically we have always struggled against mechanised armies.

Against us they don't even need to pay for weapon upgrades as heavy bolters can reliably take out most of our infantry and vehicles anyway.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 16:36

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm equally fed up at being outclassed by every book post-Necrons.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 21:26

Count Adhemar wrote:
I feel for you. Getting a large amount of free units with little or no tax is just dumb and IMO really shows the desperation of GW to get people to buy more models.

Not more Dark Eldar models though. By that logic, are they just really uninterested in selling those?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 22:08

I think it's pretty clear they're going for the big sellers - Eldar, SM, Knights and new, hotly anticipated faction(s).

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 22:50

I assume the less played factions will get brought in line with the new game dynamics eventually.
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 01:54

i know that pain, i got into the hobby at a bad time, im done with GW.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 07:37

I hope they will do Thousand Sons, iron Warriors or Alpha Legion that way too.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 14:20

I've given up on any kind of tournament scene outside of my local area. I'm unwilling to pour the thousands of dollars needed to get a competitive army going.

Make no mistake, I'm good with what I have. I just refuse to keep up with the latest and shiniest trends so there's no point in going to a tournament and getting outclassed by cookie-cutter net lists.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 14:44

The be honest, most of those lists are kind of crazy. Tzeentch, Khorne and orcs? Yeah. Sure

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 18:30

FuelDrop wrote:
I've given up on any kind of tournament scene outside of my local area. I'm unwilling to pour the thousands of dollars needed to get a competitive army going.

Make no mistake, I'm good with what I have. I just refuse to keep up with the latest and shiniest trends so there's no point in going to a tournament and getting outclassed by cookie-cutter net lists.

I only play 2 armies.

Nids and DE

When 6th ed Came out and the Nids book with it, there was only 1 way to play it and it was stupidly OP.....Then Mucolids came out making it worst, I stopped playing Nids b.c it was 100% win chance OP no fun for me or others.

But now with all this Free crap and crazy formations, Im just going to stomp these people with nids again Until they ask for a friendly game Smile

Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 21:02

until all the dex's get brought into a new codex the older ones will suffer against the post necron style its just what is going to be. However they are bringing out new content at a fast rate so it shouldnt take years or over a decade(grumble grumble) to bring everyone in line
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 21:23

helvexis wrote:
until all the dex's get brought into a new codex the older ones will suffer against the post necron style

We *are* a new codex.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 21:42

The Shredder wrote:
helvexis wrote:
until all the dex's get brought into a new codex the older ones will suffer against the post necron style

We *are* a new codex.

Yep.

God this is depressing.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 22:36

But we did not come after Necrons (the new detachment stuff)

And we wont for at least 6 months, Fantasy will get a 3month run (im guessing) then will Be Tau or GK 1st.

Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 23:09

sweetbacon wrote:
The Shredder wrote:
helvexis wrote:

We *are* a new codex.

Yep.  

God this is depressing.  

At least we're pretty now.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 23:11

Raven Cowl wrote:
sweetbacon wrote:
The Shredder wrote:
helvexis wrote:

We *are* a new codex.

Yep.  

God this is depressing.  

At least we're pretty now.

Dark Eldar - for display purposes only.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 23:13

The Shredder wrote:
helvexis wrote:

We *are* a new codex.

Weren't we the last dex before Necrons? It occurred to me that the Carnival of Pain might be the fetal form of a Decurion style detachment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.   Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Played against New SM book..... Im done with DE for now.
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next