THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar and necrons

Go down 
+14
Massaen
lament.config
Brom
lelith
Vasara
JackKnife01
CptMetal
Skulnbonz
Aroban
1++
FuelDrop
Count Adhemar
Jimsolo
deekthegreat
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

Dark eldar and necrons Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 21:40

So when you guys fight necrons with dark eldar how do you guys deal with the eternal robots of death doom and gloom. Since neither army is strong in close combat without dedicated assault units it does make it hard to fight necrons with assault phases.

I pose this question because I play both armies and I have a friend who's starting to play crons and I'm just curious for myself since poison won't work as well on them anymore since they all get a save against not high ap value. Multiple canoptek harvests are what I plan to build eventually so how would you deal with 2 or 3 of those.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 22:07

You said it yourself: dedicated assault units.  Grotesques and Incubi just absolutely SHRED Necrons.  

Grotesque units, particularly the Grotesquerie formation, are amazing all around.

Talos units are pretty nice as well, although the Dark Artisan and Corpsethief Claw formations are truly stellar.  

In addition, we have something the Necrons do not: Eldar allies.  Necrons are weak against psychic powers, and both Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins can bring them in spades, while dishing out some great punishment of their own.  (Necrons are particularly vulnerable to Freakshow tactics, which you can find here.)

You can also outrange the Necrons.  Most of their weapons have a short range band.  Dark Lances, Disintegrators, and Splinter Cannons all have 36" ranges, and can be mounted on our vehicles, allowing you to stay mobile and pick his (relatively) slower army apart from a distance while your assault units close.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 22:39

Ok now if you only use dark eldar and the covens stuff and you face down the av 13 wall of ghost arks and every other high av they have. How do you deal with that If they're running in the decurion detachment with their crazy amount of saves and abilities to possibly Re roll saves and everything is there any other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 23:38

High AV- Lance weapons. The Ghost Arks aren't a problem. Reavers with their Rending Hammer of Wrath Hits, as well as Haywire or Heat Lance Scourges, are another option.

The critical flaw in Reanimation Protocols is that if the unit is wiped, they don't get them. Inflict a few casualties in Melee, get them in some negative Leadership bubbles, and wipe them in the retreat.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 00:49

They changed that rule for reanimation
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 00:53

Even if that's the case, melee remains the best way to fight them. And our Talos, Reaver, and Grotesque units are great for that.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 01:01

Ok now if the necron player puts 2 or 3 of the canoptek harvests on the board ( I do play pretty big games) how do you deal with that because chances are they're getting 4+ reanimation protocols and their armour saves too
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 01:39

What kind of points value are you looking at in this hypothetical scenario? Are you list tailoring in this hypothetical because you know you're playing Necrons?
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 01:52

Well I'm assuming that the list would probably be around 3k or 4k and no I'm not tailoring just curious about how you would deal with multiples of those formations because they are super brutal
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 02:07

I'd probably respond with multiples of the same. Corpsethief, Dark Artisan, Grotesqueries, Scourges, Reavers, Ravagers (either configuration), and Venomspam (with your choice of blaster-warriors or Blasterborn).

At that points value, a Revenant Titan could be a nice middle finger to most opponents, Necrons included.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 02:56

Yea but with friends that's just a slap in the face. We tend to keep our armies pretty casual but sometimes we play big so I wanna bring straight big leauge models in multiples so. Multiple corpse thief claws sound freaking evil and probably worth many tears from the other side of the board. Also since gauss can hurt anything now and even statistics being used there's that opprotunity to cause some massive havoc with dice gods laughing at statistics
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 04:00

So...he's bringing multiple instances of one of the best formations in the game against a codex several rungs below his own, and you can't respond by bringing what paltry selections your own army DOES have?

At this point, I'm not sure what I can tell you.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 08:30

deekthegreat wrote:
Yea but with friends that's just a slap in the face.  We tend to keep our armies pretty casual but sometimes we play big so I wanna bring straight big leauge models in multiples so.  Multiple corpse thief claws sound freaking evil and probably worth many tears from the other side of the board. Also since gauss can hurt anything now and even statistics being used there's that opprotunity to cause some massive havoc with dice gods laughing at statistics

Anyone bringing multiple Canoptek Harvests has precisely zero grounds for complaint about anything their opponent fields.

FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 09:53

Ghost arks can resurrect dead warriors if you do manage to get through their saves and resurrection protocols. Just a friendly reminder.

Have you considered leadership shenanigans? 'crons aren't immune, just high leadership which is cureable. My friend who plays necrons tends towards infantry blobs and a simple WWP + Armour of torment in raider + The Archangel of Pain + Torment grenades + Phantasm grenades is a core list with a LOT of leadership checks at significant penalties against him. Keep everything in a raider so you cover a maximum area with your bubbles of debuff, you might be able to get a fair sized number of 'crons either dead or fleeing.

Add Covens supplement, Harlies, and craftworlders as further debuff options and you might just be able to run him off the board without having to deal with Resurrection protocols at all. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 10:18

FuelDrop wrote:
Ghost arks can resurrect dead warriors if you do manage to get through their saves and resurrection protocols. Just a friendly reminder.

Not if the unit has been destroyed though Very Happy

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 10:25

FuelDrop wrote:
Ghost arks can resurrect dead warriors if you do manage to get through their saves and resurrection protocols.

And does it work if the unit is locked in assault/falling back?

Last edited by 1++ on Mon Jul 06 2015, 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 10:27

1++ wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:
Ghost arks can resurrect dead warriors if you do manage to get through their saves and resurrection protocols.

And does it work if the unit is locked in assault/falling back?

Not sure. Probably.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 10:34

Yes it does.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 10:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
Yes it does.

Damn....so I guess it further lends to the statment of kill it till it's dead

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 11:29

You need to identify the support elements in the Necron army and take them out first if you're going to have a chance to defeat them. Things like Crypteks in units of Warriors, Ghost Arks, Triarch Stalkers, the Spyder in Canoptek Harvests etc. These are the things that make the already tough and durable Necrons into unstoppable hordes of T-100's.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 11:37

Count Adhemar wrote:
You need to identify the support elements in the Necron army and take them out first if you're going to have a chance to defeat them. Things like Crypteks in units of Warriors, Ghost Arks, Triarch Stalkers, the Spyder in Canoptek Harvests etc. These are the things that make the already tough and durable Necrons into unstoppable hordes of T-100's.

Got it. I've not been fortunate enough to fight the new necrons yet but I'm to get a game in soon. Until now it's been a case of watching youtube batreps

Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 22:12

Use talosi and grotesques from the coven book. Play cons a lot of times, this is the only thing keeping me in the game and achieving good results on the battlefield. That is really the best we have

Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 02:03

So to be clear it isn't my friend bringing multiple of that formation if we were playing a big enough game probably bigger than 3k since we are planning a 10k game of something vs craft world eldar and he has 2 revnant titans I was curious since he also has enough to do harlies and dark eldar allies he can do freakshow lists easily enough but if we were going solid either dark eldar or cw eldar and at 10k I'd be taking 3 or 4 of those harvest formations and enough stalkers and everything else to just be a huge pain to move yesterday I played against a double tide and 3 broad side tau army and even with all the ap2 shooting he failed to kill more than 12 models over 3 turns so I was really impressed and I didn't break the whole respawn warriors thing to him so
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 09:10

Aaannnd breathe!

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 09:27

deekthegreat wrote:
....and he has 2 revnant titans ....

Paging @Massaen.....

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and necrons   Dark eldar and necrons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar and necrons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: