THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Turn 1, okay.. Now what?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

Turn 1, okay.. Now what? Empty
PostSubject: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 19:47

Lets assume there is a assault force consisting of some raiders and some other stuff, back up by 3 DL ravagers.

What do you do the first turn if the raiders carry CC goodies?
Do you move 24"giving you a 4+ save, making your transport a bit more reliable (raider has NS, no FF)

or do move 12" and blast down enemy armor, or at least die trying.

I'm kind of stuck on this matter.

thnx

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 20:39

Well, as with so many things, the answer really is "depends" but let's try to dial it in a bit more;

1. My first response is - assault. Theoretically you're an assault force, so you ought to be assaulting. It is not hard for Wyches to manage a 1st turn assault on something, so unless your entire army is Coven slow, probably the first thing to do is get something stuck in or grenading vehicles. Advantage - you get to shoot your lance too, huzzah!

2. Second thought is - usually I do both. I usually manage with my assault boats to flat out some to make them assured threats, and hang back shooting with the others for possible threats (and with DE speed, usually this is also assured threat, but some opponents don't recognize that).

3. Final thought - do you need the anti-mech shooting? Without knowing your list and the opponent's list it's hard to say. But generally either you'll need those lances or it would simply be nice to have the lances. Play accordingly.

Hope that helps,
Thor.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 17:04

Like Thor said it all depends on how the board is set up, your list, and the opponents list. But you have several options at your desposal.

1. Assault!!! Get those wyches into those parking lot tanks and get some nice stuns, while your DL focus on things that are alittle more dangerous (dreads, preds, the like) Theoretically we have a 40" movement (12" deployment, 2" (or so) pivot, 12" move, 2" disembark, 6" fleet, 6" charge) So you can really threaten people posted up against their deployment line. With saying this, its not always the best option, but it can be done if done right.

2. Sit back and shoot, trying to pop open a few transports while stunning important tanks, then charge forward T2. I like this personally, as well as doing some flank denial and so forth. This way you make sure your guys will get there (not having to rely on a fleet roll) and there will be targets for them to charge, instead of a probability. Also with enough vehicles (you are running full mech right???) you can give your important tanks cover saves with the less important ones in front (not as easy as with SM, but can still be done.

Again it all depends on how the field is set up, and compositions of the two armies. Its something that comes with playtime. You will ofc mess up sooner or later, and then learn from your mistakes. Remember, practice makes perfect Wink

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 22:54

I actually wanted to keep this thread general.
But yeah I'm running a full Mech list.

I'm starting to like the idea of turn 1 assault ALOT.

But bringing 4 raiders of wyches trying to first turn assualt, it sounds like its gonna be way to crowded in his frontline in that turn. Assuming the whole army is focussing on 1 flank, and than works its way through. Because that is the tactic I planning on using. At least as a main guide line, of course 'it all depends' Wink

So would it be better to have to raiders do 12" and start running for the enemy, while the other two raiders flat-out to create some really dangerously looking threat up front. ravagers stay back to create some AT threat.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 01:07

BlckRven wrote:
I actually wanted to keep this thread general.
But yeah I'm running a full Mech list.

I'm starting to like the idea of turn 1 assault ALOT.

But bringing 4 raiders of wyches trying to first turn assualt, it sounds like its gonna be way to crowded in his frontline in that turn. Assuming the whole army is focussing on 1 flank, and than works its way through. Because that is the tactic I planning on using. At least as a main guide line, of course 'it all depends' Wink

So would it be better to have to raiders do 12" and start running for the enemy, while the other two raiders flat-out to create some really dangerously looking threat up front. ravagers stay back to create some AT threat.

Just a helpful reminder, it may be crowded if you use 4 Wych squads, and they are really gonna be needing a pain token (from a Haemie probably) but remember if you surround an enemy vehicle and wreck it then the squad inside dies automatically.
I'd probably max your Wych units out at 3, and then take Wracks or Kabalites.

The Black Hand is an underground cult of assassins who will fight as mercenaries for wealth or to further their own designs. They are dedicated to the preservation of the Eldar race, whom they believe to be the rightful heirs to the galaxies, and to the downfall of Asdrubael Vect. To the members of the Black Hand, these two aims are inexorably entwined, and to fail one is to fail them both, condemning their people to damnation.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 11:51

Your right, taking 4 raiders of wyches for 1st turn assault is going to get crowded.

You cannot rely on 1st turn assaults especially not 4 of them. Your opponent may set up too far away or you roll crap for your fleet or you don't get the first turn or worse he seizes. An opponent who is experienced in the ways of pivot-cheese can bait you and crush you.

Its great when possible but don't build your list or tactics on it.

I don't know how many points your playing but i have great success with 2 powerful cc units at 1750, usually HQs leading wyches or incubi in raiders or beasts work too. The rest is darklight and splinter spam, but that's just how i roll. If you like 4 raiders of wyches take them.

1st turn move to set up your cc units for a 2nd turn charge. You need to get closer to the enemy and stay behind something that blocks LOS. If that means you have to flat out then do it. You will draw fire and maybe get shot down so plan for that.

With a cc list you must think ahead and be decisive.

He who hesitates, masturbates.

Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 12:37

I see how splinter spam + cc can work. But I prefer to have 6 CC troops in 1500 points.

It should also be noted that the players at my club have never, and will never, play on serious tournaments (and neither will I). So there are no real super leet lists.

PostSubject: Re: Turn 1, okay.. Now what?   Turn 1, okay.. Now what? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn 1, okay.. Now what?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: