THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Realistic blood and gore tutorial

Go down 
+2
CurstAlchemist
spellcheck2001
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Realistic blood and gore tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09 2015, 16:24

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 1%20blog_zpsmllscsrx

I have been using a method for creating blood and gore effects for my Space Wolves, and have had a few requests over time on how I achieve it, so I thought I would knock up a quick tutorial to show those of you interested how to do it.

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 2%20blog_zpsr5orhutp

First the equipment. You will need :- paint - Tamiya clear red (or the Gw blood effects will do fine) and any black paint (I use Vallejo personally). Tools - cocktail stick, very old paintbrush and a tube of standard UHU glue (do not get the UHU power, as it will not work for this)

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 3%20blog_zpsprmlhkf1

So for the first stage the tamiya red is dispensed onto a mixing surface and a small blob of the black is then mixed in to give a dark red effect. (This is the gore)

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 4%20blog_zpsrysonffa

Grab your coctail stick and the glue and blob a reasonably large bit into the paint and mix it all together.

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 5%20blog_zpsyyfwsyin

Use the cocktail stick to start applying the mixture to your model. You will see that the glue makes the paint stringy, which is how the gore effect is created (it works for adding gory texture to swords ect as well. See pic at end). Note:- the glue dries very quickly , so you will have about a minute or two to apply the mix before it starts to set. It is better to work in small batches to avoid wasting loads.

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 6%20blog_zpsizrpp03t

Once the glue and paint mixture has dried, go over the areas with the unmixed red blood paint. I usually cover the gory bits and then start fanning the brush strokes out for greater coverage and graduation. Once this has dried you are all finished, and should have a suitably gory model staring back at you Smile

Here are a few more pics of different ways I have used this effect.

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 7%20blog_zpszsdxyvyj

Just the gore applied

Realistic blood and gore tutorial 8%20blog_zpsutjixbwh

Now with the blood effect blended in

Thanks

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09 2015, 23:39

That is awesome thanks for sharing.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Fri Jul 10 2015, 16:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Engish destroyed, correction made.)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 07:12

CurstAlchemist wrote:
That is awesome things for sharing.

Hey, no problemo glad you enjoyed it Smile

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 07:54

Very nice!

I can't look at examples of this technique without thinking of Bigcannon's Vampire Counts, which has got to be the bloodiest army I've ever seen.

One of these days I'm sure I'll be struck with the urge to drench a model in gore and give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 12:15

Thanks. I'll have to try this.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 12:33

@Calyptra. Thanks Smile. Those models are fab. Nice n gory. Can't beat a bi of gore Wink

@ Lord Alino. No problemo Wink. It is good fun to do so def give it a try
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 10:06

Outstanding! I think this will come in very handy, as it is very simple but results in a striking effect.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 23:46

@Marrath. Great, glad you like it and can get some use from it Smile

You are right it is quite a simple technique but the effect is nice and it is enjoyable to do as well
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 19:51

Thanks for that, it's a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realistic blood and gore tutorial   Realistic blood and gore tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realistic blood and gore tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: