THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  Empty
PostSubject: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 21:13

These are the restrictions: (until now)  

http://tourneykeeper.net/gf%202015.pdf

My list:

Archon + Agonizer + Haywire + SF (joins Grotesques)

Archon + Haywire + WWP  (joins fire dragons)

4 grotesques + Champion + scissors + Raider + Sails

2 x 5 Warriors

2 RJF with Necroroxins

3 x 9 Reaver + champions + 3 Cultrops

Eldar:

Autarch + Skyrunner + Banshee Mask + Anaris (joins one unit reavers)

3 Windriders

5 Fire Dragons + Exarch

Crimson Hunter

Total 1848.

Based on the missions and ways of getting points, I tried to not having many kill points (in venoms) and having the speed to control the game.

How will this army perform against Centstars, Scatterbikes and warp spiders stars, Knights and Wolfstars?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 00:11

Those rules seem a little funky. I've been out of touch for a little while but is there any reason to disallow formations but keep things like centstars and skyhammer valid? The 'too big to hide' rule I find a new interesting way to manage invis. Wouldn't effect my centstar which is sweet.

Anyway on your list in general I like it. Any reason you went with dragons over scytheguard though? Just keepin it a little friendlier perhaps? If so cool.
Honestly if I were attending I would spring the extra and go with the guard personally although I avoid it for casuals. You have generally a strong list but that unit is really the only broken thing you're capable of compared to the lists you mentioned which are all inherently broken.

Either way I think you have most of the bases covered although your lite on ranged anti tank and well ranged presence in general. I would personally prioritize kill points below ranged output (unless I missed something skimming the rules) and some sort of defense against alpha strike armies, most likely a unit or two of mandrakes. You might actually consider making those EJBs into rangers to perform the same role. Otherwise get them some scats man!

Also just a thought but more refined scenes like that are probably not a bad place to take some of our more corner case wargear out for a spin. So many tourney lists are psychically fueled that helm of spite might actually be worth a look on your wwp archon. I know I lose my main psykers pretty often from perils, even loth and draigo. I used to take the old crucible but thats been nerfed into oblivion damn gw.

Anyway thats what I got.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 20:32

Hi and thank you for a very good feedback. Great!

I think they disallow formations because they "kinda" want to balance the game and don't want ETC style armies on their tables. I don't know. They are some suggestions about change some of the rules to ITC style from USA which is fine by me. Invis is just too powerful.

I thought about scytheguard. A lot! I think they are expensive since not only I lose the fire dragons but also the Crimson Hunter. If I do those changes I have 52 points left. Should I give the EJB some scatters? A helmet to my Archon? something else?

Just a question: How does mandrakes prevent or even help against alpha strike? Please explain, I need all the help I can get.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 05:02

Well it does seem a little tamer than itc. Let us know how it goes.

Changing the dragons to guard is a straight upgrade. They have identical range on arrival due to wwp and are infinitely more destructive. They will delete any one threat with a beta strike which right now can be better than alpha. Consider what your answers to opposing LoW or the fact that less stars will have invis. Plus they are much more durable and defend excellently against assaults too. Lastly the raider will allow you to place all 5 templates. They excel the bigger the target is. Only downside is increased cost.

On infiltrators since we lack turn 1 arrival we can't use reserve all as a counter to that same strategy. This leaves few options mostly poor since we also lack scouts. However many strong strategies utilize mass DS/scout. Infiltrate can at least create a cushion to deny landing zones for deep strikers allowing your castle strategy to be more effective. They can also keep scouting armies like scars, RW, twc etc out of your grill a turn longer.  I wouldn't over invest but one or two disposable units to spread can be extremely beneficial when it matters. Couple that with the infiltrate WL trait when you can and you have a serviceable defense.

Looking at your list though it's pretty tight so bottom line roll with what your comfortable with. I'd at least undedicate that raider for options. For example this would allow dragons to ds in it if necessity and get around say a IKs shield by splitting the facings with your raider placement and firing from the non shielded side.

Edit- I wanted to avoid it since I love my grots but double archon 1 raider with assault contents doesn't jive well with the rest I feel. I think this is where you'd be best getting points although you'd be sacrificing cool points for power. Also I'm on my phone it's hard to get my points across this way fyi.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13 2015, 07:54

Ok, based on your suggestions, I have changed it a bit.

Archon + Agonizer + Helmet + SF (joins Grotesques)

Archon + Haywire + WWP  (joins fire dragons)

4 grotesques + Champion + scissors + Raider + Sails

2 x 5 Warriors

2 RJF with Necroroxins

3 x 9 Reaver + champions + 3 Cultrops

Eldar:

Autarch + Skyrunner + Banshee Mask + Anaris (joins one unit reavers)

3 Scatterbikes

5 Scytheguard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament    The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The list I am bringing to Giant Fantatic, Biggest Danish Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: