THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pts vs Imperial Guard/Skitarii

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatespinner
Slave
Fatespinner

1000 pts vs Imperial Guard/Skitarii Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pts vs Imperial Guard/Skitarii   1000 pts vs Imperial Guard/Skitarii I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 02:19

This is a rematch against my friend and his Imperial Guard/Skitarii army (who beat me last time thanks to lots of Ignore Cover orders and heavy weapons teams). This time, I'm planning to rely less on cover/jink for survivability but rather to simply be beefy enough to take some hits in the early game.

1000 PTS DARK ELDAR/HAEMONCULUS COVENS
-Primary Detatchment - Realspace Raiders Detatchment-
HQ
- Archon (WWP, Haywire Grenades)
Troops
- Kabalite Warriors x5 (Blaster, Sybarite w/Haywire Grenades, Raider w/Dark Lance)
- Kabalite Warriors x5
Fast Attack
- Razorwing Jetfighter x2 (Dark Lances, Monoscythe Missiles, Splinter Cannon)
Fortification
- Aegis Defense Line (Comms Relay)

-Formation: Dark Artisan (Haemonculus Covens)-
Haemonculus (Nightmare Doll, Hexrifle)
Talos (no upgrades)
Chronos (Spirit Probe)

My plan is to start the Dark Artisan out near the comm relay and deal a little bit of long-range harassment from behind the Aegis with the Hexrifle and Talos Splinter Cannon. The Archon will run with the Kabalite squad in a Raider to deep strike in (with WWP) near whatever the most threatening vehicle unit is (probably either a Wyvern or Leman Russ) and unload with haywire grenades and dark lance/blaster. I do not expect the unit to survive the retaliation, but if it does then it will simply continue to wreck anti-vehicle havoc in the back lines.

Once the comms relay has successfully enabled all my reserves to come in, the Dark Artisan will begin moving forward to assault while monoscythe missiles and splinter cannons completely ravage the enemy's infantry. If he brings more than a few vehicles, then I will use the dark lances on the Jetfighters to neutralize them as quickly as possible or assault them with the Artisan formation when possible.

Does this seem feasible for an Eternal War mission?
Back to top Go down

1000 pts vs Imperial Guard/Skitarii
Page 1 of 1