THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Leadership shenanigans

Go down 
+4
iknowinewb
CptMetal
sweetbacon
Zephyrus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zephyrus
Slave

Leadership shenanigans Empty
PostSubject: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 10:33

Helle there my fellow true (dark) eldar.

I have a quick question that popped into my head when I started to use Harlequins as allies.
Do leadership de-buffs stack?
For example, the mask of secrets wich has a -2 LD bubble (harlequins) and the armor of misery wich also has a -2 LD bubble. Does this stack for a -4 LD? If so, would soulfright actually work? (or some psychic powers from the harlequins which require you to take LD test and suffer wounds by which you fail by).

Many thanks in advance

Smile
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 11:10

Yes, they stack. I'd recommend reading through Jimsolo's Freakshow threads for a good overview of how to make these work very effectively.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 12:16

It's really fun against anything but Space Marines!

Hellion
iknowinewb

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 13:18

We have death jesters for that! Bring the pain of a -4 leadership test
(I'd consider harlequin a part of our codex for fluff purposes and salt, goddammed craftworlds have em too, goddammit clown****sucking eldar ambassadors)
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13 2015, 09:11

This weekend I used Freakish spectacle and disruption pod from Hemlock Wraihtfigher to good effect. Even necrons are interested in -3 ld. And it works on marines too. Same with AoM and MoS mentioned above.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 23:41

I used a shadowsseer with a mask of secrets, archon with armor of misery, and a freakish spectacle.  Aftrr killing the avatar I feared 3 squads off the board in one turn and one of the units had Eldred and 8 dark reapers.

One game I played with armour of misery, seer council with -3 leadership spell and a shadowseer.  One shoted a wraith knight with psychic shriek.

EDIT: Now that I think of all the stuff I have done I'm starting to realize why people call me evil.  But that's how it is when trying to even the playing field with primarily dark eldar as my army.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 05:18

I one shotted a Bloodthirster with NO chance for survival. With a -5 or more to Ld, Mirror of Minds will kill any creature, monstrous, gargantuan, or whatever, with no possibility of failure (past the Deny roll).
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 06:34

They get invuls and feel no pains still but yeah, I know the feeling. Twisted Evil

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 06:39

shadowseercB wrote:
They get invuls and feel no pains still but yeah, I know the feeling. Twisted Evil

Doesn't matter with Mirror of Minds. It keeps causing another wound until they die or beat your roll. And since they can't beat your roll, it doesn't stop til they die.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:10

Mirror of minds is a harlequin psi power? How does it work?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:54

You basically roll off and add Leadership but the target has to beat your roll to avoid losing a wound and keeps on doing so until he beats your roll. If you add Ld penalties into the mix you can fairly easily make it impossible to beat you and that means a guaranteed kill.

Of course you still have to generate the power, manifest it (WC2), not have it Denied, roll to hit, and have -5 Ld penalties in place, so it's not exactly easy to pull off!

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 16:45

Easier to pull off because of guide.  I have missed so many shadows eerie spells because of BS4.  Very disappointing.  If the target is in a unit you must exceed the warp charge cost to hit it.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 22:54

True. And the odds of even GETTING it are slim. (I usually take one Phantasmancy roll to fish for the two Ld powers, and then take my other roll on Telepathy so I can guarantee at least one.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leadership shenanigans   Leadership shenanigans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leadership shenanigans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: