THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14 2015, 21:11

Hello, Our local community is holding our first ITC event. The plan is to hold 3 a year. We are new to the ITC format but we do have a heavy competitive environment

Please be brutal, this will be a very competitive tourney. Our Meta will see lots of Knights and Wraithknights but not a lot of Fliers.

Dark Eldar CAD with Harlequins Masque Detachment.
1850 Points

Dark Eldar CAD
HQ
Sccubus (Archite Glaive, The Armour of Misery, WWP)

Elites

Troops
Warrios x5 (1x Blaster), (Venom, Splinter Canon)
Warrios x5 (1x Blaster), (Venom, Splinter Canon)

Fast Attack
Raider (Disintegrator, Nightshields)
Venom (Splinter Canon)
Scourge x 5 (4 w\Haywire Blaster)

Heavy Support
Ravager (3x Lances)
Ravager (3x Lances)

Harlequin Masque Detachment
Elite
Death Jester
ShadowSeer (Mastery x2, Mask of Secrets, HWG)
ShadowSeer (Mastery x2, HWG)

Troops
Troupe x 4(Carress x2), Troupe Master(Caress, Cresendo, HWG), (Starweaver)
Troupe x 4(Carress x2), Troupe Master(Caress, HWG)
Troupe x 6(Carress x3), Troupe Master(Caress, HWG)

Fast Attack
Starweaver
Starweaver

Heavy Support
VoidWeaver (Prismatic Canon)

This is 1848 points.

Any thoughts.

That is pretty much every Harlequin model I own for now, but I have over 4000 Points of Dark Eldar.

Last edited by mrmagoo on Wed Jul 15 2015, 21:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 08:37

mrmagoo wrote:
Please be brutal, this will be a very competitive tourney.

Get a formation that allows you to use 2500pts list.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 13:57

LOL. Wish one existed. Smile
Back to top Go down
iknowinewb
Hellion
iknowinewb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 16:37

Harlequin Detachment

Drop some of the caresses per unit, some of the harlies are going to die to overwatch when charging anyway, have the "naked" ones take the bullet. The 2 man skyweaver unit looks a little out of place, sure you don't want another unit of reavers over them?

Dark Eldar Detachment

Throw out the night shields on the ravagers, anything shooting at them is not shooting at the clowns, which is good. Get some scourges with haywire blasters to wreck whatever delivery system is coming at ya. If you really want to deal with the wraithknight, consider a double ossefactor wrack raider for fleshbane goodies.
Most importantly beware of our own tricks, the webway wraithguard and freakshow lists.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 17:02

Ok,  Thank you all very good advice and I am remaking my list to accommodate that.  

Never liked the Harlequin Jetbikes.   Way to pricey for my taste.
Going to remove 2 Carress from each unit of Harlies
Adding 5 Scourge 4x w\HB all ready have those models. (Since our Meta Likes Knights)

Still thinking about the rest.

One question? Freakshow Lists? Don't think I have heard of that one.

Ok I change the initial list. Thanks for the thoughts.
Back to top Go down
iknowinewb
Hellion
iknowinewb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 17:27

mrmagoo wrote:
One question?  Freakshow Lists?   Don't think I have heard of that one.

Basically lists that rely on leadership shenanigans. I refer to Dark Eldar/Eldar/Harlequin kind of leadership slamming combos, stuff which due to the lack of fearless on DE at early stages in the game, DE are ironically vulnerable to.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 18:22

Ok Yea I have ran that before.   With Caste of Players with Shadowseer w\ Mask of Secrets and Archon with Armor of Misery deep striking and Death Jester.  

Yes been there done that.  

Luckily in the St. Louis area I am the ONLY Dark Eldar player that plays at tournaments.

OK, Changed it a little again. Made it with a fear bomb unit.

7 Harlies, Succubus, Shadowseer (W\Mask). Will all go in the FA Raider and deep strike.

or I could just go straight Dark Eldar as I normally do, but I was trying to mix it up a little. Maybe with Caste of Players and Heros Path Formations?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 09:39

Please do not double(or triple) post. Use the edit funcion instead. You may bump your thread every 48 hours. ///Vasara

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 10:48

The tournament winners around here atm is droppods and deamons with invis. So one can assume that those armys will be in your playgroud too. How do you plan to fight them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 13:52

Yes sir, Those are good questions. Those are big around here as well.

Invis: Actually I don't have much to combat those. One thing would be to hope to get Fog of dreams for the Shadowseers. That was anything their invisible unit does will also only be hitting on 6.

Drop Pods: Any Dark Eldar is going to have issues with them. Not much we can do but take the landing. The good thing about this list though is if he drop pods in then he is close enough for the Harlequins to charge. Also sheer amount of fire. I would have to deploy in such a way to keep them back so somewhat bunch in a corner. Spread out enough to keep them apart but not far enough for a Pod to land in the middle.
Back to top Go down
TCS900
Slave
TCS900

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 16:55

I'm not a competitive player, only just started playing Dark Eldar but, if you're using your warriors to hunt tanks and superheavies then i would drop the splinter cannons on the venoms. other than that, could you say how you'll use all your units
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 20:32

Of Course.  
Succubus, Shadowseer(w\Mask), Large Troupe unit would all deep strike with the FA Raider.   This is a fear bomb unit.  They land were I want them and everything within 6 Inches is -4 Leadership. -6 if the get hit by the Death Jester.  Goal here would be to be able to get in to a group where I can put negatives on as many units as possible and then make them take leadership tests.  The next turn this is a Heavy HTH unit so the can charge anything that is alive.

Warriors The vehilce can fire at seperate targets then the guys inside.  So yes the Warriors themselves are there to hunt tanks.   The actual Venoms will be pooring it on the troops.  Plus Venoms and Large Bugs means dead bugs.   Double Cannon Venoms are annoying, especially to Nids.  That is actually a standard loadout that most competetive Dark Eldar will use.  

Scourges - Anti Tank, 4 haywire Blasters.  Need I say more?

Ravagers - Anti Tank 3 36' Lances.

Death Jester - There to make units take leadership tests. Only has to kill 1 model (not 25%) to make you take a test.

Shadowseer 1 is there for the Mask of secrets and his Psychic abilities.

Shadowseer 2 psychic abilities.

The two smaller Troupe units will go in the star weavers and they are my Assault troops and they are good at it.  They are the ultimate of Glass Cannons.   They hit hard but really cant take a hit. So will need to watch them.  These guys can also hunt tanks as well if I go against something with a lot of tanks.  The Carress weapons Auto Glance vehicles on the HIT roll of a 6.  So I can easily Glance a tank/knight to death.  

The 2 Smaller Troupe squads will start in the 2 Star Weavers.  

Voidweaver = Great for Anti-Tank or Anti Infintry.  SInce the prismatic cannon has 3 different profiles for each of the blast templates.  Large Blast Str 4 ap 4, Small Blast Str5 ap3, Single shot Str 7 ap1 Lance.  Plus it has 2 Shurican Cannons on it and can fire at seperate targets.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 13:52

OK, I ran the Harlequins in a tournament over the weekend. They are just not survivable enough to be playable in a competitive tournament, they die way to easily.

While I will still be taking Harlies in my list. They are going to be cut down, a lot. I love their Psychers. So I am thinking either Caste of Players Formation, Heros path formation, or even Faolchus Blade.

I am going to take this to the tactics forum to talk about Harlequins and adding to my Dark Eldar. There might already be a topic over there.

Thanks for everyones time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List   Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar/Harlequins 1850 ITC Tourney List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: