THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Psykers

Go down 
+14
John M
Gobsmakked
Sydonia
Tmaster
The PayneTrayn
CptMetal
Rhameil
FuelDrop
lament.config
The Strange Dark One
Calyptra
Klaivex Charondyr
JackKnife01
The Red King
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tmaster
Slave

Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 11:41

@Sydonia makes a good point - dark eldar tourture their victims rather than killing them we should have loads of leadership, toughness and other characteristic modifying weapons rather than psychic ....oh wait they were all given to the AdMech
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 12:30

@FuelDrop This is the type of thing the DE need, not only to counter psykers but to just compete on an open footing. The device that buffs the squad and causes a pinning check is perfect and exactly the sort of multiplier that would allow our various assault troops actually want to assault. A few pieces of gear like this (and replacing the useless artifacts with better ones) and a revamped PfP mechanic and the DE would be in a much better place.

I've been working on some codex changes of my own (seems a hot topic right now, wonder why...). I'll post the unit changes I think would make us more competitive shortly but one thing I'm contemplating is formations. I'm writing up a DE Decurion detachment actually and one of things I was thinking of adding was a Haemonculus null-psyker detachment. Say you take 3 Haemonculai in a unit that must stay in unit. They grant the entire detachment Adamantium Will and may each take a Crucible of Malediction for free. might sound OP but compared to some of the formation benefits out there it really isn't that big. And just taking 3 Haemies in a squad (you'd need to WWP them to make them work) is a pretty big tax for a DE list.

Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 19:47

@FuelDrop love it
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 23:16

Ultimately all our Kabals need to compensate for our lack of psykers is better armour. I mean I've got a very small army so I'm still on the beginners stage but lets be honest dark eldar have some of, if not the worst saves 6+/ wych suits/feel no pain 5+ kabalite armour/cover saves and we can't compensate with lots of bodies like tyranids or imperial guard can so you'd think with all the crazy tech we could make the equivalent to a lighter version of power armour.

THE IMPERIUMS MAKING US LOOK BAD

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 23:33

We don't need Armour. Use night shields on Raider. Jink save of 3+ is awesome... As long as you don't play in an ignore cover heavy meta. My last enemy was very frustrated at the end. And we need to hug cover like ruins. A 4+ cover save and a 5+ feel no pain is nothing to sneeze at. And let's be honest, as soon as the enemy catches you in the open, you failed.

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 00:18

Still it is kinda annoying when supposed lesser races have better armour saves. Can raiders do jinks?

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 08:51

Yes. All our vehicles are fast and anti gravitation. Due to anti gravitation they can jink. With night shield this 4+ cover increases to 3+. And the Kabalite can still shoot without snap firing.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:26

CptMetal wrote:
We don't need Armour. Use night shields on Raider. Jink save of 3+ is awesome... As long as you don't play in an ignore cover heavy meta. My last enemy was very frustrated at the end. And we need to hug cover like ruins. A 4+ cover save and a 5+ feel no pain is nothing to sneeze at. And let's be honest, as soon as the enemy catches you in the open, you failed.

Whilst a 3+ Jink save is nice, on an AV10 chassis it's less effective due to the number of saves you need to make. A boost to AV11 would be a great help as it takes out most standard infantry weapons and means that most armies will need to at least pretend to use AT against our vehicles.

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:38

That's true. But with AV 11 it would be more expensive.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:42

CptMetal wrote:
Personally I think they could do AV11 with only a very minor point increase, say 5 points. Our vehicles are already overcosted and we don't get to take them for free like certain other armies.

FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:49

Count Adhemar wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
Personally I think they could do AV11 with only a very minor point increase, say 5 points. Our vehicles are already overcosted and we don't get to take them for free like certain other armies.

Free vehicles is totally legit and balanced! The Space Marines need all that free stuff so they can spend the points on more guns and ensure without a shadow of a doubt they beat us in firepower, durability and hand-to-hand while also staying fully mechanized and keeping up with us for speed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Psykers    Dark Eldar Psykers  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Psykers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2