THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar and admech

Go down 
+5
FuelDrop
CptMetal
ravengoescaw
Jimsolo
deekthegreat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

Dark eldar and admech Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 02:44

Any ideas on what to counter the war convocation formation from the white dwarf with? I have a game against them soon so I just wanna try and plan that out so I don't get rail roaded
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 03:14

What's in the war convocation, for people who don't have the WD?
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 04:10

It's a super formation of imperial knight any version a big skitarii formation and 2 troops and a hq from the cult mechanicus
basically everything counts as cult mechanicus and they can benefit from all their special rules and all wargear including relics And plasma weapons don't get hot
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 04:54

Have you seen Mushkilla's lesson on how to OBLITERATE a Knight with Fire Dragons plus an Archon?
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 05:04

Nope but I'm going pure dark eldar
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 06:15

Lots of reavers in multiple squads, firing from multiple facings with special weapons?

To be fair, I do think enough reavers can solve anything. But I think this would work Two 6 man squads, left side right side, and a ravager with dark lances to the front. yes alot of points for one model, but those reavers can then play with the admech infantry

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 06:17

deekthegreat wrote:
Nope but I'm going pure dark eldar

Then may God have mercy on your soul. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 10:00

Hey. We are competitive. As long as the opponent doesn't get an ass kick scatter Laser army...

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 10:22

Jimsolo wrote:
Have you seen Mushkilla's lesson on how to OBLITERATE a Knight with Fire Dragons plus an Archon?

To be fair, you can pull the same trick with a pure Celdar list using Falcons. I'm actually kinda infamous in my local circle for my death falcon deep strikes.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 12:03

FuelDrop wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

To be fair, you can pull the same trick with a pure Celdar list using Falcons. I'm actually kinda infamous in my local circle for my death falcon deep strikes.

If an opponent leaves sufficient room for 3 deep striking Falcons behind their lines they deserve everything they get.

egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 13:38

TBH, the war convoction is much more than just the one IK. First off everything benefits from canticles. Second, ALL the upgrades are FREE. So facing an 1850 list you are actually facing a 2300+ list. Yes. No joke.

Between the skitarii and mechanicus they sport a heck of a lot of dakka but like DE the skitarii troops are fragile. However - expect onagers and breachers and IKs to shore up that deficiency. Beware of a quick strike - many units can scout ...

Overall war convocation is one of the 'close to broken' formations that GW has released. Against these tyopes of formations I would favor MSU builds and speed. Go that route.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 14:14

Ok I don't know what is coming and I have my strong dislike about these white dwarf exclusive or Web exclusive formations. I don't like not having access to these formations outside of the Internet. And having played against this person before I'm starting to think I need eldar along with dark eldar. I have a feeling he will have an assassin in his list too. Possibly using my new lynx to get some good old sonic Lance usage. I don't own any fire dragons and I only have 9 scatter lasers bikes well 3 aren't built yet but hey I haven't fought the doomcrawler things or the cult mechanicus stuff. So this should be a ok fight
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 17:05

This formation is almost as broken as the skyhammer, so don't expect to win. You can however make his life difficult by bringing several blasterborn venoms, plus numerous five man warrior squads with blasters inside venoms. Throw in some some scourge, reavers, grotesques. I would stay away from ravagers as they are relatively slow compared to admech.

Sometimes these posts boil down down to "ally CE to stand a chance," I hope I can distract from this a bit. With good strategy, maneuvering, and some luck I'm sure you can grind out a result of some kind.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 17:16

Well I don't expect a win and I'd love more blasters but I only have 4 of them so it's hard to actually use more than 4 and I only have 1 squad of scourges and not enough haywire blasters to use them. I figured ravagers because they can have the ap2 to those destroyer things. And I don't really wanna allie eldar but goodness that lynx with a sonic Lance sounds like a great idea
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 17:17

I could be cheeky and get it to a low enough point game that the formation isn't available to him
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 17:39

deekthegreat wrote:
I could be cheeky and get it to a low enough point game that the formation isn't available to him

Now you're thinking like a true Archon Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 18:37

I ended up facing against a war convocation list the other night at my weekly league.  I wasn't playing my DE against it; however, here's a few things that may help you out.

First off the formation is the following

1. Skitarii Battle Maniple
 - 1 unit of Vanguard
 - 1 unit of Rangers
 - 1 unit of Ruststalkers
 - 1 unit of Infiltrators
 - 1 squad of Dragoons or Ironstriders
 - 1 Dunecrawler

2. Cult Mechanicus Battle Congregation Detachment (1HQ, 2 Troops)

3. Imperial Knight Oathsworn Detachment. (1-3 knights)

For the Skitarii forces, using units like Grotesques to get and knock some heads can work well; however, the firepower that comes from the Vanguard and Rangers can be annoying.  Try to take out the Ruststalkers and Infiltrators via shooting.  In my game, the Ironstrider and Dune Crawler were more annoying than threats however, his dice played a huge part in it.  

The CM detachment is where things get a bit wonky.
1. The Tech-priest will probably be in a unit of Destroyers or Breachers due to his ability to take a relic that gives them all IWND and other goodies.  Also - killing him doesn't prevent Canticles of the Omnissiah sadly.

2. Destroyers will either have 2-shot plasma cannons or heavy grav cannons.  Plasma is probably worse against DE; however, we can outshoot them if we stick to 36".  They will also have other weapons including flamers that will cause 3 wounds if charged and not D3.  

3. Breachers - shoot them.  If they have Torsion Cannons - continue to shoot them.  Whatever you do, don't try to engage them with Talos/Chronos as the Torsion cannons are S8 AP1 that cause D3 wounds if the 1 isn't saved.  Same with HP if they score a penetrating hit.  Personally, I view these as our largest threat as they can fairly easily take out vehicles and Talos each turn.

Knight - depends on the varient but surround it and take it out. If you ARE using Talos, going against it using them wil cause a lot of casualties but will also take it out.

Good luck - it's a mean formation and the fact that it gets all upgrades and relics for free makes matters worse.

UPDATE - one final thing worth pointing out - nothing in the unit is Objective Secured. So if you're playing an objective mission, going troop heavy with a CAD isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 20:56

Yea at this point I know my dark eldar can't do anything to it it'd be like fighting adlance with my dark eldar pointless.

I need more of something but that something is what im failing to see my friends call me a cheesy player with dark eldar because of all the ap2 and the mass poison but one of them plays eldar and the other plays tau so not sure how I fall in the cheese of those armies I have eldar available to me but I just don't wanna build them I keep looking at them and how cool their vehicles are and stuff but I have zero desire to waist my time to build them and then never play them because eldar are "op" I'm debating about starting a freakshow army
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 21:39

Are you winning all the time or why are they calling you cheesy player?

Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 22:03

No I don't think I've ever beat my friends with my dark eldar they just think mass ap2 or mass poison is super op. Hoping that whenever I get to play them again i will be able.to beat them and not feel bad about it
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 22:07

If they play Eldar and Tau they should have no reason whatsoever to complain about poison. And mass AP2? What sort of list do you play that allows for mass AP2?
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 22:12

9 raiders and 3 ravagers and if I a being cheeky a couple razorwings and void ravens
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 22:14

I played my other friend with 6 razorwings and 3 void ravens and utterly assault him
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 22:27

What point limit?

Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 23:14

Over 2k I play pretty big games normally I enjoy them.more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and admech   Dark eldar and admech I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar and admech
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next