THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics

Go down 
+3
Jimsolo
CptMetal
Calyptra
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics Empty
PostSubject: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2015, 07:43

http://www.torrentoffire.com/7163/7th-edition-stats-1-year-in

A friend of mine forwarded this my way. I have no idea who these Torrent of Fire people are. Their numbers seem weird based on my (probably limited) understanding of the current meta and power levels. I'm willing to accept that everything I believed is a lie, but I'm also hesitant to take their data at face value.

What do you make of this?

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2015, 08:00

Interesting. I wonder if Dark Eldar with a grotesques formation counts as dark Eldar with dark Eldar Allies (Dark Eldar /Dark Eldar)

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2015, 12:47

They are both DE faction, so I assume so.

Interesting numbers. Not sure how they're generated.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2015, 14:01

Torrent of Fire get there data from tournament results either only in the states or world wide, I'm not 100% sure...

Dark Eldar/Dark Eldar may very well be something like CAD + formation or self allies....all depends on what TOs are allowing

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27 2015, 03:15

ToF was gaining steam for awhile not sure if it still is. Its basically data tracking and analyzing that you can subscribe to. They also publish regular articles like the above. Pretty solid site and many TOs have begun submitting rankings.

Anyway I think it shows pretty much what most of us have already known.. the game is skewed badly in favor of a few armies. My take on allies is self allies results in additional taxes for limited gain vs single CADs or diversifying your threats. DE/Eldar being stronger than the reverse is still somewhat anecdotal IMO, although being biased I would say DE gain far more from the few tidbits we pillage than our spindly cousins do.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27 2015, 07:11

Quote :
DE/Eldar being stronger than the reverse is still somewhat anecdotal IMO, although being biased I would say DE gain far more from the few tidbits we pillage than our spindly cousins do.

Afaik DE/E just says "main detachment was DE" so basically a CAD with 2x Venom Kabalites and an WWP Archon already counts as DE/E if it was the main detachment even if the Eldar part of the army had way more points.
A reason for this could be the use of Realspace raiders and Eldar aspekt formations to buy a taxi for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 15:27

Ya without seeing lists I would bet you are correct.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 15:33

100% correct. At ATC almost all the DE players were just that, a webway caddy with 2 bare bones troops. the rest was eldar.

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 17:45

But here,I repeatedly read about victories or close losses. How is that going together? Are we the elite of the true kin?

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 18:49

No.
As I said in this thread, this is the internet. Everyone is always a winner or lost by bad rolls and even then it was sooo close.
Additionaly ToF collects tournament data in a very competitive setting. A lot of people do claim they play in a competitive meta but do not really play against hard lists and would call most of the really competitives army lists "cheese".

So no, we are not the elite. We are players in a friendly environment with delusions of grandeur.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 19:27

Quote :
But here,I repeatedly read about victories or close losses. How is that going together? Are we the elite of the true kin?
In as much as TDC have delved C:DE more than those that just splash warriors? I'd say yes. Do we have secrets to success with this book that others don't? Probably not many outside of innovative uses that people who just skim the surface miss.

Thing is large tournament scenes such as ITC format have their own specific missions and rules for army list construction as well as FAQ/Errata. These are all that really defines what 'competitive' lists mean. I would not dismiss anyone here just because they aren't conforming to what is really an entirely different game.
Plenty of people do play competitively here but the definition is too broad to type cast. Are we talking single source? Triple no doubles? FW allowed or not? Are we using maelstrom and so on. 'Competitive' players are fooling themselves if they think only they grasp the true nature of this GAME.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 22:09

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
No.
As I said in this thread, this is the internet. Everyone is always a winner or lost by bad rolls and even then it was sooo close.
Additionaly ToF collects tournament data in a very competitive setting. A lot of people do claim they play in a competitive meta but do not really play against hard lists and would call most of the really competitives army lists "cheese".

So no, we are not the elite. We are players in a friendly environment with delusions of grandeur.

Can't tell if hyperbole or trolling...

In any event, I imagine it's somewhere in between the two extremes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics   Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torrent of Fire's 7th ed statistics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: