THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain Empty
PostSubject: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 00:25

For my homebrew there's a fairly simple system for PfP (and its Coven and Cult equivalents):
Each time a non vehicle unit (friend or foe) dies you get a pain token. The more pain tokens you have, the more buffs you get.

Yeah, it probably needs a little bit more work than that but for now I'm going with a KISS philosophy to the design.

So, I wanted to throw out my ideas for the Kabal's PfP chart and see what people think.

Power from Pain:
1 token: Stubborn
3 tokens: Adamantium Will
5 tokens: Feel No Pain (6+)
7 tokens: Feel No Pain (5+)
9 tokens: Relentless
11+ tokens: Precision Shots
Back to top Go down
daveyo
Hellion
daveyo

PostSubject: Re: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 00:55

I think you are looking to make kabal units better at what they do through pfp. Fluffwise this should not be the case. The original gw table is right in that it makes all dark elder more aggressive, numb and savage. Whilst this doesn't benefit shooty units, I think it's right. Agree with adamantine will though Smile

My table (under old rules of turn based escalation) would be

1. Adamant um will
2. Fnp 6
3. Fnp 5
4. Furious charge
5. Fearless
6. Rage
7. Hatred

for coven...add adamantine will at. 1..and Rage at 7.

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:47

Well, here's what I have planned for Cult and Coven units:

Bath of Blood (Cult)
1 token: Crusader
3 tokens: Rage
5 tokens: Hatred
7 tokens: Furious Charge
9 tokens: Counterattack
11+ tokens: Preferred Enemy (everyone and everything)

Feast of Fear (Coven)
1 token: Fearless
3 tokens: It Will Not Die
5 tokens: Adamantium Will
7 tokens: Eternal Warrior
9 tokens: Replace Fearless with Zelot
11+ tokens: +1 to FNP.

The philosophy is fairly simple: Each section of Dark Eldar society has a niche. Rules for that niche should make it better.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 10:35

I like it, but I think Fearless for only one token might be a bit of a leap.
It might be better to have Fearless as a 3 tokener, and put a slightly lower level ability at one token. If you want a Fearless-lite, And They Shall Know No Fear might be a good step before reaching full on Fearless.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 10:47

Squidmaster wrote:
I like it, but I think Fearless for only one token might be a bit of a leap.
It might be better to have Fearless as a 3 tokener, and put a slightly lower level ability at one token. If you want a Fearless-lite, And They Shall Know No Fear might be a good step before reaching full on Fearless.

A fair point. My reasoning was that this is Coven units we're talking about here, not much will even remotely intimidate them and they want fearless on those Grotesques as soon as possible since, well, leadership 3 and all that. Given that neither of the other lists is getting fearless at all for this book (because Fearless on everything is stupid) and I was basing it off the coven supplement list, which has fearless as the first ability you get.

Otoh grabbing ATSKNF for ourselves would be such a great middle finger to the ultrasmurfs that I can hardly resist it. The only flaw is that it leaves us vulnerable to having our Grots pinned down, which just seems wrong.

Maybe give Grots fearless as a separate rule and give the covens as a whole get ATSKNF and have it upgrade to fearless later?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain   Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homebrew Codex: Power from Pain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: