THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting Dark Eldar

Go down 
+13
thenick18
Blackfel
Count Adhemar
spellcheck2001
chickendinner
Aroshamash
Viceroi_Corvenis
Demantiae
CptMetal
1++
FuelDrop
Jimsolo
Shados
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 11:57

thenick18 wrote:
I'll revisit the salvo, but my understanding is that its still a heavy weapon, salvo is the fire mode. Being that it is a heavy weapon, and the infantry passengers count as moving when embarked, it will be fired with snap shots.

Salvo is the weapon type, not Heavy. It fires 4 shots at 18" range if it has moved or 6 shots at 36" range if stationary. It is not required to snap shoot unless something else forces it, such as being in a vehicle that has moved >6"

amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 04:49

Your confusion comes from the fact that gw uses "heavy #" to denote the number of shots a unit gets, and the requirement that such a unit can't move without having to only be able to fire snapshots, as well as calling half of our basic ranged upgrade list "heavy weapons".

Heavy # is a special ability like lance, melta, and poison, and it confers snapshots if bearer moves. The splinter cannon does not have heavy and therefore never has to fire snapshots barring gtg. I recommend you reread the bsb chart on moving and shooting.
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 14:46

Thanks for spending so much time and why I thought a weapon I don't regularly use had a slightly different profile, I'm sure the OP appreciates and intended for the discussion to go that way.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 16:12

thenick18 wrote:
Thanks for spending so much time and why I thought a weapon I don't regularly use had a slightly different profile, I'm sure the OP appreciates and intended for the discussion to go that way.

People were just trying to help you amigo. No need for sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 16:16

That was sarcasm? O.o

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 17:36

Considering I pre-qualified my statement as I do not recall the rule, and need to refresh, I don't need to be told to review the rule, when I already know I need to do that, it was a completely unnecessary and unconstructive comment to make. The overall "matter of fact" way people respond on these forums really irks me, there is no need for it, its not a way to be constructive. Hence why I hardly post anything outside of painting and modeling. We all play Dark Elder and are in the same boat and should be helpful, and our attitudes should reflect that.

To the OP I apologize your initial question has been lost, I provided my opinion as something to consider, DE work best when synergize, the cannon and splinter rifles don't exactly do that well together, neither does a blaster, however the blaster shot v. the cannon shot is much more useful in an army that lacks the anti armor punch. The majority of our infantry and ground units are geared toward anti infantry, so when you can add the extra darklight/haywire/etc. It really helps.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 09:07

Indeed, i found mine "standard MSU" unit as:

"5-men troop (4 rifle + blaster) embarked on a Venom with the 2 splinter cannon options" = 120 pts

In multiple deployment it give you a very flexible AT firing (no overkill) and a strong Anti infantry.
Usually i go for 4x in 1000 pts or 6x in 1500 pts.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 14:27

6 in 1500 point games? That is half of the army. Does it work?

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 14:46

Usually i dont use no blasterborn in venom, and it works pretty well... enemy often turn 1-2 venom dead, maybe with passengers, but i rely on that 6x blaster will make mess of his veichle(s) and splinter cannon of his footsloggers.

I rarely use raiders, i've noticed that they draw too much fire from enemy, often use ravagers for good ol' MEQ hunting
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 15:20

If you're going that way why not take a min-d kabalite raiding party then?
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 21:27

In facts, i usually go for it
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 22:20

Jimsolo wrote:

Sub-par choices (If I have to take these, I'm handicapping myself.)
HQ- None
Troops- None

Wait, what? You don't consider Wyches or Drazhar sub-par? Shocked

What standard are you using? Razz
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 22:22

No. Wyches are BELOW subpar according to that list.

There may be a time to take drazher. Not sure when. But maybe.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 22:53

Can't believe I left wyches off that list, lol.

No, I think you could make Drazhar work. He's not top tier by any stretch, but I don't think he's in the same dung heap that wyches are.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 07:32

Once a while, just to surprise my opponent i manage a dhrazzy bomb with 3 incubi +klaivex and land them just behind his lines. If you manage to "jump" from CC to another CC without have them killed, they perform well.

4-5 month ago they washed out like 400 pti of tac squads in a 2vs2 2000 pts game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Dark Eldar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2