THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Would you use this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Would you use this? Empty
PostSubject: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 10:03

Have you ever had trouble deciding how to arm your Archon? Worry no more!

Webway Arsenal: A pocket domain in the Webway with a portable entrance, this little toy allows an Archon to carry an entire armoury with him. At the start of his turn, an Archon with a Webway Arsenal may choose to be armed with any 1 weapon on the special weapons or heavy weapons list, and may exchange this weapon with any other weapon at the start of the Dark Eldar's subsequent turns. An Archon may still only fire one weapon per shooting phase.

I'm thinking that 60-70 points for this little toy sounds about right, but I'm more than happy to have my opinion changed.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 10:11

I get it. You love creating new rules that will nobody ever use. But aren't you taking it too far now?

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 10:13

CptMetal wrote:
I get it. You love creating new rules that will nobody ever use. But aren't you taking it too far now?

Possibly. But it's harmless.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 13:02

Nothing wrong with creating your own houserules or systems. Where do you think all those game designers started? They all rewrote the rules for whatever games they enjoyed playing.

This thing doesn't make sense. It's something that fits into D&D much better (Bag of Holding anyone?). The Webway doesn't really work like that (at least I don't think it does). Fluff wise I don't think such an item would exist and for the tabletop the entire point of playing DE is to anticipate threats/needs before the battle and to unleash your strategy on your opponent. Chaos and maybe Speshul Marines might enjoy being middle-of-the-road can-deal-with-anything vanilla list armies (Obliterators come to mind here) but the DE are about forward planning and making that work, usually through ultra-specialization. You live and die by your list choices.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 15:04

I wouldn't.
60-70pts is too much for any wargear, regardless of how good it is.
At the whole concept of this particular piece is to just overload and overpower the Archon. YOu might as well just give the Archon all the possible Wargear options.

I just think its TOO much. I understand the theory, but the game needs to be balanced if its to be any good. Just overloading on as much as possible to make units and characters "awesome" just makes them somewhat bland and unbalanced.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 00:06

It seems like all these homebrew suggestions are over the top. I like wishlisting as much as the next guy, but there's a limit.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 00:53

And this is why I ask. Because something that might sound cool in my head is actually idiotic, and I need people to help me see it.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 05:13

Excuse me, but are your friends actually allowing this? Are they creating their own codex?

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 05:35

CptMetal wrote:
Excuse me, but are your friends actually allowing this? Are they creating their own codex?

My local scene is almost exclusively pick-up games, so no custom rules, and in any case everyone's jumped over to AoS at the moment so there's no 40k gaming around.

That's kinda why I'm doing all this. Game starved and bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you use this?   Would you use this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you use this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-