THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Bone Flower

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

The Kabal of the Bone Flower Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Bone Flower   The Kabal of the Bone Flower I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 02:40

The Kabal of the Bone Flower Bone%20Flower%201  

Rich with a sprinkling of fair musk-rose blooms:
And such too is the grandeur of the dooms
We have imagined for the mighty dead;
All lovely tales that we have heard or read:
An endless fountain of immortal drink,
Pouring unto us from the heaven's brink.
Endymion.

The Kabal of the Bone Flower Bone%20Flower%202

"What a lovely flower is the Rose, a favourite alike with Gods and with Men. I envy you your beauty and your perfume." The Rose replied, "I indeed, dear Amaranth, flourish but for a brief season! If no cruel hand pluck me from my stem, yet I must perish by an early doom. But thou art immortal and dost never fade, but bloomest forever in renewed youth.”
Aesop's Fables.

The Bone Flower.

In the heart of Commorragh amidst the towering starscrapers of the Old City resides an edifice known to the True Kin as Ynariadh - “Bone Spire”. Rising out of the seething mass of manufactories below the Bone Spire ascends into the void, a twisted mockery of the World Tree's of Exodite legend, a false offering of living bone to the long dead Solar Gods. The Bone Spire stands as tall as any spire in Commorragh and the Kabal that calls it home is one of the Dark City's wealthiest Kabals. It is also one of Commorragh's most reclusive Kabals.

The Kabal of the Bone Flower enjoys a position of prestige and luxury amongst the Kabals of Commorragh. Sitting atop one of the Dark City's most productive ship forges the Kabal has a seemingly endless source of wealth. Each day the forges of the Bone Flower spew out hundreds of skimmers of all kinds; each week produces dozens of voidships destined for Realspace. This wealth and the influence that it brings has earned the Kabal many an envious glance but since its founding millennia ago the Bone Flower has steered a steady course of disinterest and careful neutrality in petty politics. Their disinterest and reclusive nature should not be mistaken for weakness however. The Spire itself is testament to the wrath of the Bone Flower – for each rival defeated the great edifice grows one step closer to the black sun above. The warriors of the Bone Flower take great delight in living within the bones of their fallen foes.

At the peak of the spire above the foggy reaches of Upper Commorragh dwells the Archon of the Bone Flower. From her throne of exquisitely sculpted living bone the Lady Amarant and her court of Perfecti direct the affairs of the Kabal. Known to her allies as the “Masked Maiden” and to her enemies as “The Bone Witch” the Lady Amarant is something of an enigma. Though she has sat on her throne for nearby two-thousand years few outside the Kabal have ever seen her. Fewer still have ever seen her face. Rumours abound as to the reason for her reclusivity. Her rivals would say she hides the face of a demon beneath her masks. They say she is a coward and that she is too weak to face the trials of the Dark City beyond her tower. They say that she is so horribly disfigured that not even the Ancient Masters of the Haemonculi can rescue her flesh. They would all be wrong, for the Lady Amarant is the most beautiful creature ever to have lived and one look at her would stir the heart of any sentient to insatiable lust. The denizens of the Dark City don't deserve to see such beauty, they are beyond contempt.  Only a select few are allowed to bask in her radiant glory – the hand-picked and hand-sculpted Pureborn champions known to the Kabal as the Perfecti.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bone Flower   The Kabal of the Bone Flower I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 02:41

[Reserved]

Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bone Flower   The Kabal of the Bone Flower I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 02:41

[Reserved]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bone Flower   The Kabal of the Bone Flower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Bone Flower
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: