THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow

Go down 
+10
Preacher
Foo
Keravin
Sky Serpent
Malte
The Eye of Error
Radium
LilLoser
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow Empty
PostSubject: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 01:19

Okay. Revamped.

Here's what I had so far.

My Trueborn WIP test model.

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow 229352_sm-Blaster%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Trueborn%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow 229353_sm-Blaster%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Trueborn%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress
WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow 229351_sm-Blaster%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Trueborn%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress

Last edited by Xelkireth on Thu Jun 02 2011, 18:20; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 07:11

Currently under construction.

Last edited by Xelkireth on Tue May 31 2011, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 10:32

I say, this looks like something that will become very impressive! I have a feeling the corsair cloaks are for the trueborn, am I right?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 11:07

Removed.

Last edited by Xelkireth on Tue May 31 2011, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 11:48

Awesome, I hoped we would see a blog from you.

Early days, but such promise. I'm eagerly anticipating what you do for your Archon.

Toodles...no, wait, what would a dark eldar say?

F*** your ******

LilLoser

For Commission work enquiries: lilloser2008@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://loserstudio.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 13:18

LilLoser wrote:
Awesome, I hoped we would see a blog from you.

Early days, but such promise. I'm eagerly anticipating what you do for your Archon.

Toodles...no, wait, what would a dark eldar say?

F*** your ******

LilLoser
My archon is going to be based on the generic model. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to convert him into a counts-as Vect for bigger games and still have him look like a regular archon for smaller games. You will all be pleased I think. I've got a wicked idea inspired by another conversion and I think it's going to not only look unique, but badass as well.

edit to fix language - Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 13:24

Quick question for my fellow Archons.... Do you think helmeted heads or helmetless? I've always been of the opinion that helmetless equals more badass/epic. On the posing I've done, the helmetless heads all look a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 13:53

I personally prefer all-helmeted, that is how I will do mine at least. Though, that is mainly because I find the majority of the eldar heads without helmets ugly.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 14:08

I doing helmets for all my regular Warriors. That's why I thought I should got helmetless with the Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 14:40

In 40k being helmetless means you're important. So it'd fit the Trueborn. And I think the Dark Eldar would be arrogant enough to run around without a helmet and expect to survive Razz.

I like the bases you've made very much btw. The army will look pretty cool when it's all on those bases.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 18:28

These are some very nice conversions you have in here.

I really like the use of Dark Elf Corsair bits,
It's something I've been meaning to try myself with future conversions

I really like all the artwork you collected. I've filed them in my reference folder.

Also, I always like a non helmeted soldier here and there Razz

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:04

Removed.

Last edited by Xelkireth on Tue May 31 2011, 12:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:07

Also, I'm not entirely sold on the helmeted head for the Archon either.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:18

Nice, you used 2 of my fav heads for the Trueborn.

Although I do like the counts-as Vect conversion, I always thought his helmet would be incredibly over the top. I saw these insanely huge high-elf helmets and I immediatedly started thinking of the old school model of Vect.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/high-elf-dragon-prince-head-f-p-7058.html

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/high-elf-dragon-prince-head-d-p-7056.html

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:21

I thought so too. I'm thinking I'm going to switch to the bald Raider pilot head.
Back to top Go down
Malte
Slave
Malte

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 17:18

Nice start you've got going here Xelkireth, I'll be following this closely.
As for the head on the archon/Vect model I'm not entirely sold on a helmet, I think it's a safer bet with he raider pilot head.
I haven't had the pleasure of browsing through all the different new heads in the DE-range but I think that a non-helmet one is the way to go.

I like the trueborn, back in the day corsair cloaks were frequently used for DE conversion. Never seen them combined with the new warriors before. I will have to pick some up for my trueborn.
What's lacking on the second blaster is a front grip. As it is now it looks like a huge blaster pistol compared to the first one. If you'd just add a front grip to the second one I think it will look equally good as the original.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 18:16

Malte wrote:
What's lacking on the second blaster is a front grip. As it is now it looks like a huge blaster pistol compared to the first one. If you'd just add a front grip to the second one I think it will look equally good as the original.
It's converted from the shredder. How should I add a second grip? It's the same size of an actual blaster.
Back to top Go down
Malte
Slave
Malte

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 19:26

Xelkireth wrote:
It's converted from the shredder. How should I add a second grip? It's the same size of an actual blaster.

If you'd cut out a grip using semi-thin plasticard, using the same design as the original.
Since it's not a matter of size but the lack of a grip that makes it look like a pistol, something like this would fix it.

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow Img1369

I will be making blaster wielding trueborn myself in the near future and will use the shredders for blaster and I had something like this in mind.

Hope it's to any help.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:18

The little part I wanted to keep on the shredder snapped off and was unrecoverable. Hopefully it will stick on the next one. For now, I don't know... I don't have any non-sidewalk material plasticard. I could give it a try... I just don't want it to look like it was an obvious addition to the model.
Back to top Go down
Malte
Slave
Malte

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 14:11

I have confidence that you can pull it off. Just use the original one as a reference.
If it doesn't turn out as you'd expect it's quite easy just to rip it off and wait for thinner sheets of plasticard.
Will be looking forward to the result!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 01:31

Okay. I've been way too busy today and yesterday. I'm off to work on more dark eldars. I probably won't be completing full units at a time. One: I'm waiting on some more boxes. Two: I get bored easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 17:49

I really like your work so far Xelkireth, and some of your conversions are looking ace! Especially with the capes for the Trueborn. I know that its too late now, but in answer to your previous question I also prefer helmetless models.

The staff which the Archon is using is of special interest to me as my conversion is going to be using a Staff with the Huskblade' Blade on the end thus making a "Husk-Staff" Smile
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:17

I love the pimp stick.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 03:56

Blargh! I was hoping to get some stuff done this weekend, but noooooooooo! Hopefully tomorrow pans out better. I do have half a squad of Wyches completed.

I wish my pre-order would hurry up and ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 12:09

I'm stuck in a rut myself at moment, waiting for parts to be delivered. It's frustrating! I look forward too seeing some more of your stuff later this week though.

What are your plans for all of the Dire Avenger Exarch power weapons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow   WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Blog: Kabal of the Dread Shadow
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next