THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Autarch with wyches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Autarch with wyches Empty
PostSubject: Autarch with wyches   Autarch with wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 18:16

8 wyches, 1 hekatrix with haywire nades and agoniser plus Autarch with banshee mask and shard of anaris. All in a raider. Comes out to exactly 300pts. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? Saving wyches from overwatch is huge. Just not sure if its worth the 115pt Autarch tax. Although the Autarch does have a few other nice perks the boost the army as a whole
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with wyches   Autarch with wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 19:38

That's a lot of points to save 1 unit of average CC troops from overwatch. You'd be better served putting the Autarch with Incubi or if you're set on Wyches at least upgrade them to Bloodbrides for extra attacks. But you might be better served with 3 MSU Wyches with no upgrades in Venoms for around the same points. Play to outmanoeuvre with them rather than charging into mass overwatch fire.

Or just take Kabalites instead. If you're spending 300 pts for one unit in a DE army you can buy better performing units as well as tactically superior units. Charging a squad of Wyches (even buffed) at anything should not be a key (or even a standard) part of your strategy. Wyches are best used to just tie up units or as a "nothing to lose" "lets just see what happens" unit. If you're building your list around the Wyches you've probably already lost!

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with wyches   Autarch with wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 23:28

The prevention of Overwatch is indeed huge, but it's better served on other units. Reavers, Incubi, and Grotesques get more juice from that than the Wyches do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with wyches   Autarch with wyches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autarch with wyches
Page 1 of 1