THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Sacrament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04 2015, 14:40

The Sacrament are named and known for their predilection to eating their victims...alive.  This Kabal particularly targets species intelligent enough to recognize the horror of witnessing their own consumption as the Sacrament finds such a combination of physical and mental terror to be particularly satisfying.  
The Sacrament Img_2512
[All of the symbols on the Raiders are Chinese characters relating to eating such as "Eat, mouth, chew, swallow" etc.]
The Sacrament Img_2513
Often willing to share in the bounty of their harvest with Heamunculi, the Kabal finds that the Coven's skill in prolonging the lives of their victims well worth the price of protection and fresh tissue.
Back to top Go down
the goose09
Slave
the goose09

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 03:09

Awesome and really creepy...
Love the necrosphynx. Looks like you've put a lot of time into these
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 10:00

Looks good! Have you thought about adding totems/fetishes to your models as trophies? It's customary for canibalistic cultures to collect parts of their enemies and imbue them with power, things like shrunken heads, severed hands, necklaces of ears etc. These practices are often replicated by psychopaths who do the same. It seem the human mind see's the consuming of human flesh as a way to gain peoples power, it's almost vampiric in it's own way. As gruesome as it is it'd be interesting to see some of that mindset inside your Kabal.

Back to top Go down
shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 12:33

Glad it made an impression!

It did take some time for me to work out how to pose, base and paint the NecroCronos.  I'm still impressed by how much detail GW put into their models that I never even noticed until I begin the painting process.

goose - Will send you a PM.

Demantiae - Great idea, it will make the army look more vibrant and more akin to the fluff I have imagined for it.  I may buy an Astra Militarum squad to use for this.
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2015, 15:58

Eerie name, revolting habits... What's not to love?

Two things-- Is the necrosphynx a count-as grotesque? What's the story behind him, if there is a story? Also, can we get some closer shots on the chinese characters? I'd love to see more.
Back to top Go down
shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 04:09

Fidra wrote:
Eerie name, revolting habits... What's not to love?

Two things-- Is the necrosphynx a count-as grotesque? What's the story behind him, if there is a story? Also, can we get some closer shots on the chinese characters? I'd love to see more.

I'm planning to have 7 different pain engines from kitbashes with story for each of them.  

The Necrosphinx counts as a Cronos. It was taken from a species of large humanoids from a stone age planet.  The species was raided as fodder for the arenas, so popular of an attraction that they were harvested into extinction hundreds of years ago.  Only one still lives, taken and altered by a coven master.  Now it lives on as the last member of its species in indentured servitude. (#grimdark)

I will post more pics when I get a camera and finish the army. Thanks for your interest!
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 09:43

Grimdark AF!! I'll await updates with baited breath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sacrament Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrament   The Sacrament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sacrament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-