THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crucible of Malediction

Go down 
+2
shadowseercB
mrmagoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Crucible of Malediction Empty
PostSubject: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 18:56

Ok, Sorry if this was brought up but I went 5 pages back and didn't see anything.

So Crucible of Malediction states that all units within 3d6 inches that contains a psyker takes a str 6 hit with no saves of any kind.

Now I get only 1 model takes this hit even if there are 10 psykers.

The problem I have is it doesn't say the psyker has to take it. So a unit of Jet bikes with a Farseer, they can just take the wound on a jetbike.

This makes no sense, shouldn't the psyker be the one that has to take it or am I missing something?

Also it doesn't say it doesn't effect Vehicles. SO the Hemlock fighter can be hit, correct?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 19:09

Yes the Hemlock can be hit.

My interpretation of the 7th Ed. rules states that an independent character joins a unit and is then part of that unit.  The Crucible rules states the unit so I think the wound is randomly allocated.  That is how I played it at least.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 19:39

Yea, that is how I read it as well. I think it should have to hit the Psyker but by reading means its randomly allocated, so anyone can take it.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 19:56

So it's basically worthless

Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 20:10

Unfortunately yes. Good against maybe GKs or Deamons, but for 20 points you may take out 4-5 nothings in one shot.

So yes basically worthless.

Now if it randomly hit a psyker, then it might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2015, 23:29

Yeah, the crucible is pretty worthless.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2015, 10:00

Another piece of gear that needs reworking. It should be hitting every psyker in that range for 1 wound and putting 1 wound on each unit with the brotherhood of psyker rule to mess with GK/Demons. Otherwise it's just another dumb piece of wargear with no use.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2015, 11:10

One wound on a brotherhood of psyker unit is still pretty worthless. I'd prefer to make it a gun that can be targeted on an enemy only of that target is a Psyker or contains one. And that got pretty good stats in that case.

Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2015, 14:02

Not for 20 Points. But if you could hit a Farseer for a Str 6 hit with no saves. Then that is a dead Farseer unless on a bike of course. Then its for sure worth the points.

Which is the reason I was considering taking it. We have numerous Eldar Players in my meta and figured this would hurt them quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2015, 14:20

If only...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crucible of Malediction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: