THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blast templates

Go down 
+3
Massaen
CurstAlchemist
Nariaklizhar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:00

I can't find where in the rule book it states that blast template markers (not flame template) ignore cover and hit occupants in an open topped vehicle, such as our raiders
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:19

Edit: While looking at the rules I competely ignored his question so ignore this post and read further down.

Page 173 Template Weapons:
Quote :
No Escape
If a Template weapon hits a building’s Fire Point or an Open-topped vehicle and there is a unit embarked inside that building or vehicle, then in addition to any other effects that unit suffers D6 hits, resolved at the Strength and AP of the weapon. These hits are Randomly Allocated.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Sat Aug 08 2015, 18:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:37

Thanks. So that template weapon includes all template s than? And also ignores cover correct? So I wouldn't be able to jink
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:40

Oops I thought templates, that rule is for "template only" not blast. I'm looking up to see if there is one for "blast" as stated by you. Sorry about that started looking at the rules and had a disconnect from the actual question.

No where in the rules, page 158 does it say that a blast template ignores cover nor does it say it hits occupants. Actually the only mention of a vehicle is that you center the whole on it if that is your target.

I can see someone reason that the occupants are hit do to the rule saying: "take a good look at it from above - each unit suffers one hit for each of their models which is fully or partially beneath the blast marker..."
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 18:02

there is no rule about blasts hitting occupants nor do they automatically ignore cover

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 18:28

Only flame template weapons hit passengers and ignore cover. You get a cover save against a plasma canon and against a battle canon of a Leman Russ.

Sybarite

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 23:44

OK. I can see the argument for both sides, I just couldn't find any rule to back it up. So to confirm, flame template hits raider full and hits d3 to warriors inside with no cover save allowed. Blast templates however hit only raider while warriors are unharmed (unless it explodes or something) and I would still be allowed to jink
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 23:53

That second part is ambiguous. If the raider was not the initial target (the model the blast was centered on), then there is a possible argument that you cannot Jink it. (I think RAW you should be able to, certainly for secondary targets in the initial placement arc).
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 00:18

D3 auto hits? I thought it was D6. But I dont have my rule book on me.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 02:03

@flakmonkey I actually quoted it above (when I screwed up on what he asked) it is D6 hits.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 02:38

Memo to self: read previous posts before posting

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 03:45

Well I also said to ignore the post so I just assume you did as the the edit recommended.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 04:05

Just remember that there are templates and blasts - not templates and blast templates - its where most of the confusion comes from

Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 05:31

So blast markers and flame templates would be the accurate way of saying it
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 07:37

correct

kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 21:48

No, there isno flamme template usr, only template that applies to flammer weapon, liquefier, spirit syphon, doomweaver, etc...

Blast templates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blast templates   Blast templates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blast templates
Page 1 of 1