THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tyranid cover shenanigans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Tyranid cover shenanigans Empty
PostSubject: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:06

Sanerio 1: malenthrope provides shrouded to all units within 6 inches. So to take full advantage of this, you can have an entire 20 man unit of gaunts receive shrouded as long as ONE gaunt is within 6 inches. Is this correct?

Sanerio 2: Ruins provide 4+ cover save. So again, you can have an entire 20 man unit of gaunts receive that 4+ cover save as long as ONE gaunt is in that ruin. And let's say the other 19 are trailing away in single file to reach an objective that's out in the open almost 2ft away. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 21:22

Nariaklizhar wrote:
Sanerio 1: malenthrope provides shrouded to all units within 6 inches. So to take full advantage of this, you can have an entire 20 man unit of gaunts receive shrouded as long as ONE gaunt is within 6 inches. Is this correct?

Correct.  If it said MODELS, as opposed to units, then only the models within 6" could claim the additional cover save.  

Quote :
Sanerio 2: Ruins provide 4+ cover save. So again, you can have an entire 20 man unit of gaunts receive that 4+ cover save as long as ONE gaunt is in that ruin. And let's say the other 19 are trailing away in single file to reach an objective that's out in the open almost 2ft away. Is this correct?

I believe that ruins DO specify models.  If that's correct, then then only the models actually within the ruins gain the 4+ cover save.

EDIT: Checked and confirmed. Models, not units.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 23:38

Thank you jimsolo
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 09:04

Jimsolo wrote:
Nariaklizhar wrote:

Correct.  If it said MODELS, as opposed to units, then only the models within 6" could claim the additional cover save.  

Not quite. Shrouded confers to the whole unit so only one Gaunt would need to be in range for the whole unit to get it.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 13:37

Hmm. Seems you are correct. My bad. Ruins answer remains, however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid cover shenanigans   Tyranid cover shenanigans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyranid cover shenanigans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: