THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  Empty
PostSubject: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 22:21

Autarch w/fusion, banshee mask
Farseer w/bike, spear

2x3 bikes with shuriken cannons.

5 avengers
Serpent w/ scatter and cannon.

2x1 hornets w/pulse lasers.
6 swooping hawks w/Exarch.

Archon with blaster, WWP

2x5 kabalites in venoms with duel cannons.

Raider w/ naked.
2x1 razorwings w/ lances, cannons

Aspect host.
2x 5 spiders with Exarch
6 fire dragons with Exarch

Thinking I will bring this to Tshft in a few weeks giver'er a test run.

The army usually plays null deploy, but doesn't always.

I tend to play armies like this and have been very successful with them. This army has an answer for most threats. Drop pod lists might be an issue so am not totally sure what to do against them yet.

Thoughts?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 03:21

You know I like the list overall!

I am confused on the Farseer and role he plays. Does he babysit a Bike squad? Not sure those 3 Warp charges will be enough against a psyker heavy army. I am not sure what you really want to boost offensively or defensively either since a lot of your units will work independently from him.

I would drop him in favor of some Vaul Batteries (2) and x5 mandrakes. The Vaul Batteries give you some long range Barrage for sniping and an excellent objective camper which is nice because it allows us to go out and grab the objective further down the table. And gives us a resilient unit to boot! That resiliency helps with Null Deploy as you can hide be BLOS terrain and make people deal with a tougher unit.

Last but not least... Change to Scatters man!
The Mandrakes are great for Scouting armies (White Scars, War Convocation, Dark Angels) and stops those armies relatively well with their "stay further than 12" bro!" bubble and plays into our null deploy attitude with their outflank ability or resilience via Stealth/Shrouded.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 04:17

Yeah if I have time I am going to trip the cannons off of the bikes and glue scatter lasers on there instead.  Right now am working on finishing 10 warp spiders.

And team I am not totally sure about the seer either.  Just figured he could be interesting.  If I had any weapon batteries I would have them in this list instead of the seer for sure.  I own rangers for sure. I will look and see if I have mandrakes.  Can mandrakes be taken in units of 3?  I am out and don't have my book on me.   Drakes will also help against drop pod armies as I can put them out of my zone to make it harder for my opponent to get the pods where they are needed.  

What would you suggest i take besides the seer if I do not have any weapon batteries?  

As always I value you advice SCP

Edit:  added stuff to this post
Thinking of maybe mandrakes or rangers for a small part of it to help against drop pod and scout armies.. Could upgrade avengers to wraithguard. The points from dropping the seer saved would allow that. Prob scythes. The archon can chose between the dragons or scythes with his wwp.? Hmmmm?...  
I usually prefer wraith cannon guard, but with this list I am unsure? If I drop the serpent/avengers/seer I could get a wraithknight?... That would give me a little combat as well. If the ITC changes the D table to the d3 wound one the the guard and Knight are worth considering. Would still like a scouting unit though

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 06:52

That's a nice Craftworld Eldar army...

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 07:19

How does one put pictures up on this site?

I'd like to show off some pics of my army.

The pics are on my phone

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 11:44

Hey colinsherlow, if you want to post pix you gotta upload them to another site like picasa, or facebook isolate the image and paste the link inside the "post an image button" using toolbar.

As for your list, if you have good success with it go for it, but those are some really small squads and they are very fragile to boot. I like the unit selection but I think you would be well served by bulking up some of those squads so you have some added resiliency.

I also think you could stand to get some form of CC into this list. Most CWE rely on the Wraithknight for those duties but other units work well. In my experience you need at least one stopper unit to go out there and intercept something like Wraiths should your shooting fail to bring them down, or to go out and lock down a dangerous embedded shooting unit that shooting alone won't dislodge.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 18:11

Thanks Cav.

Yeah I am used to having a least one-two comat units in my army. This list has none. Hopefully it won't matter that much as most of my army usually starts in reserve/outfkanks/deep strikes so I can usually avoid most combats. I would like at least 1 unit of grotesques or a wraithknight in this army. Just not all that sure on what would have to drop. I can easily drop the seer giving me 120. That means I would need another 40 points for a unit of 3 in a raider. 55pts if I want Nightshields. I could always drop the dire avengers for the 65pts (the serpent would go to the dragons. Note-i would deploy the serpent and DS the dragons as normal). If I decide to drop the serpent I can get the mandrakes that I want as well?.... Decisions decisions

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 23:00

I think getting the Wraithknight might be a better option than the Grotesques. Gives you a great CC deterrent and a large target for people to focus on.

If you drop the Farseer (120pts) + the Avengers and Serpent (190)= 310pts

Grab a Wraithknight (295) + Twinlinked Spinners on your Spider Exarchs + Haywire Grenade on Archon (5)= 310pts

If you want Grotesques you could do this:

Drop Farseer (120) + Dire Avengers (65) + Archon Blaster (15) + Autarch Fusion (10)= 210

Add x3 Grotesques, Raider (160) + Shard of Anaris on Autarch (40) + Haywire Grenade on Archon (5)+ Dark Lance on Fire Dragon Raider (5)= 210

Give the Serpent to the Fire Dragons for some BS 5 Str.6 killy-action.

I think both give you what you want while still maintaining the integrity and TAC of your list. This is how I would personally approach each one. If Str. D doesn't change from the new Frontline Gaming Poll I would lean towards the Grotesque change. However, with the new poll, if Str. D gets stronger (it should!) then I would go with the Wraithknight.

Cheers man!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 01:19

I believe Tshft is using the new poll for this event. Gotta see what they do with the D. If the table gets a bit better I will take the knight. Not a fan of the D2 wound/HP table

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 19:21

colinsherlow wrote:
How does one put pictures up on this site?

I'd like to show off some pics of my army.

The pics are on my phone

You should, Colin, I always like seeing yours on the tabletop.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 21:01

One more stupid question. What button is the post another image button here?

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2015, 00:38

Here you go, see below.  As Cav said, save your pic in a hosting service like Photobucket, then copy and paste the direct URL for it from that site into the 'insert image' function here, or just manually type the image tags and insert the link in the middle of them.

Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  CJS%20pics_zpsehquaqr5

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2015, 12:12

Another cheap CC unit is an Autarch Banshee Mask Firesabre (or power lance), Spirit Seer rolling on sanctic and Wraithblades with axes. Mine have been absolute butchers... last time out I got +1 Invuln, and Gate of Infinity and it was just nuts. The Wraithblades are surprisingly cheap, and now come with rage.

The Autarch and Spiritseer may seem like a bit of an expense but they give you some excellent buffs across the board.

Just an idea that I wanted to throw out there as I haven't seen to many people mention them.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2015, 04:13

Autarch w/fusion

2x3 bikes with shuriken cannons.

2x1 hornets w/pulse lasers.
6 swooping hawks incld/Exarch.

Wraithknight w/ cannons.

Archon with blaster, WWP

2x5 kabalites in venoms with duel cannons.

Raider w/ naked.
2x1 razorwings w/ lances, splinter cannons

Aspect host.
2x 5 spiders incld/ Exarch
6 fire dragons incld Exarch

This list is 1820.

I would like to add a unit of mandrakes (min unit is 3. So 36points). I need 16 more points, but am unsure of where to get it? I want them to help stop scout armies and help a bit with drop pods being super annoying.
I could drop a fire dragon, but don't think that is a good idea as the extra member goes a long ways into making sure I kill the AT/super heavies.

Could put the spiders into 1 unit of 9 and add the hawks to the aspect host? I'd prefer two units of 5 spiders, but one big unit might be good? Or should I just leave the drakes at home? I could easily drop the archon blaster, but I need one more point. What is a Ginger to do?

Will switch bikes to scatter if I have time to rip of the cannons to convert and magnatize

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.    Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar/dark Eldar for Tshft in Seattle.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: