THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics

Go down 
+2
Thor665
deekthegreat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 17:55

So over this last weekend I saw a player at the guardian cup in Portland Oregon playing a warhammer world exclusive formation involving a brass scorpion 3 mailer fiends and 3 soul grinders 2 hell drakes the brass scorpion gets to charge 3d6 and stomps d3+2 and every time something dies in the formation everything else gets +1 attacks makes for a brutal fight what do you guys think dark eldar could do to that formation? I'm assuming eldar allies would be your best bet but I'm not entirely sure it'd work out since you have all of those seriously fast moving models and getting 10 attacks a turn in close combat is frustrating
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 18:11

Mauler Fiends aren't too bad, and the extra stomps on the Scorpion hardly matter much as it will eat alive anything it assaults anyway. I hate having to fight Heldrakes though, those things are dumb good at eating us up.

Lots of skimmers and lance/blaster/haywire fire seems to be the solution.

Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 18:55

Well after talking to the player he's planning on swapping the 3 mailer fiends for 3 more soul grinders
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 20:51

Arcon with webway
Tantalus
7 d scythe wraithguard.

Enjoy!

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 21:03

Are d scythe the templates? And if they are they're garbage under competitive play
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 21:10

Yes, they are templates.

2. things-

1. this is not competitive play. This is in answer to "How do you beat this?"
That unit beats it.

2. Against this army, Dscythes are hands above standard 1 shot guns. Why? Well if you were the chaos player, would YOU charge that unit? No, i don't think so. 7 D3 strd D overwatch shots is kind of counterproductive to being charged, wouldn't you say?

You drop in, flame off of ANYWHERE of that huge vehicle (which is a killer itself...), taking out a unit or model a turn, while the rest of your army plays clean-up.

So your "garbage" in this case is pretty much the best thing he could have against those units. (drop and kill the scorpion first of course).

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 21:14

I didn't mean that they're garbage outside of tournament play but I don't expect to see 6 soul grinders 2 hell drakes and a brass scorpion in a friendly game. And the problem with killing things it makes everything else stronger with their base attacks yes I can fire over watch but what happens when those 1s and 2s are rolled and you do no damage. 10 s10 ap1 attacks is no joke either.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11 2015, 21:46

Quote :
2. Against this army, Dscythes are hands above standard 1 shot guns. Why? Well if you were the chaos player, would YOU charge that unit? No, i don't think so. 7 D3 strd D overwatch shots is kind of counterproductive to being charged, wouldn't you say?

I would shrug and kill the unit with my 2 Heldrakes. You can take out 1 unit when you Deepstrike and I can make sure that this one unit is not the brass scorpion.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 00:13

Well, Allying in some Crimson Hunters would really help as we have absolutely nothing that can deal with those Helturkeys in our codex. Probably take the formation, then use them for strafing runs after the skies are cleared. Soul Grinders aren't exactly AA machines, and I'm not sure what the Brass Scorpion has but I'm guessing it's fairly lackluster at AA too.

Scourges with Haywire Blasters are probably your best bet for dealing with a lot of this, maybe with Swooping Hawk Support. I'll be honest though, we don't have anything that can face this formation in melee so you'll be playing keep away for the ground elements.

Massed Darklance Raiders is probably a good option too. Keep them spread out and away from the enemy, he'll only be able to force a few to jink per turn so the rest will be able to fire normally. Not Ravagers, they're not fast enough to keep away and you lose 3 DL shots if they make it jink... which they will, every turn.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 03:44

Ravagers are fine, and if you need to jink just fire at Helturkeys.

Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 19:20

Wouldn't one or two ravagers absorb enough fire that your raiders could shoot unmolested? And yes, if Ravagers must jink then shoot the skies! 2 jinking ravagers are statistically guaranteed to hit one of them (like there;s any such thing as a certain dice roll!!!).

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12 2015, 20:36

And then he has a 50% chance to glance! And the drake a 33,33333 % chance to negate it!

Better than nothing is suppose but not by a large amount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics   Warhammer world exclusive  formation counter tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer world exclusive formation counter tactics
Page 1 of 1