THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Tantalus

Go down 
+3
chickendinner
Sydonia
Squidmaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 18:01

A bit of mild sharing, I played the Tantalus yesterday.

I'd just finished building it so wanted it to have a decent first outing, so brought it to bear against some Imperial Fists. And their Skyhammer.

I will, off the bat, admit that I played it quite cheesily.
I took the Tantalus, and put onboard it an Archon with Webway Portal, and 9 Medusae.
Because why wouldn't you.

This comes in at a frightening 535 points, and thats not adding anything else to the Archon to make him slightly more useful (I did add extras - namely a Blaster).

And it stole the show.

Granted I was playing it in a very anti-Marine capacity, with those disintegrators and all that AP3 template weaponry.

It dropped in turn two thankfully while I still had other stuff on the board.
My army was already taking a beating to the Skyhammer, so I dropped the Tantalus right in the middle of all of it.
Straight off, the Medusae obliterated an Assault Squad, and the Pulse-Disintegrators crippled a Devestator squad.
The other Devastators unfortunately were Grav weapons, and little use, so when turn two came around, I did the exact same thing to the remaining units.
Then turn three turned its attention to the Command Squad.

So by the end of turn three, this 535pt unit managed to wipe away somewhere between 800 and 900pts of Space Marines.
It truly was a sight to behold.

The Tantalus = worth it.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sydonia
Slave
Sydonia

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 18:17

I have mine built but not painted...and only a handful of Medusae. I, like you, feel it's totally inappropriate to field it any other way. My circle is packed full of marine armies and I want to use it the exact same way...can't wait to do so now.

Thanks for the summary on the experience.
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 19:51

That model is my motivation to paint my army; won't be getting it (or anything else) until everything is finished. I guess I ought to add some medusae to the list as well.

I'm salivating over the idea of using it with a cast of players for my freak show list.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 08:14

I will be using one with a Cast of Players formation with a succubus and farseer support. Its pretty nasty in the few test games I have played.
Back to top Go down
Wulfvin
Hellion
Wulfvin

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 15:54

When I found the Tantalus model on FW the other week, it genuinely got me super excited. Everything about it screams Dark Eldar to me. The size, capacity, sycthvanes and look of it all just make me want to say "f my mortgage, I need 6 of these now!".

I am still a new player, and don't have any sort of variation to my lists because of my limited model stock, but this thing went straight to the head of the "needs" list...

Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 19:29

I'm going to dissent on this one.

When I get one I'm putting Wraithguard inside. pirat
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 20:55

8 grots with Steve (the aberation)! Aethersail to his side of map, bladevanes a tank during the process, and then, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus   The Tantalus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tantalus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-