THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback Empty
PostSubject: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 13:38

Hi fellow Dark Kin!

Over the last 6 months Since getting back into 40K I have had my share of wins and losses, and learned plenty about my own as well as my opponents armies. I now want to take the next step ans attend a tourney in the beginning of October, and have started playing around with different lists. My collection isn't extensive as of yet, so I'll most likely have to purchase a unit or three (much to my personal delight but strangely little excitment of my significant other hrhr).

I've lately had some success with MSU and almost null deployment, but the uniqueness of the Freakshow concept greatly intrigues me, and I think it can do well in a tournament, too.

The rules are as follows:

1 primary detachment, as many unique formations with the same faction as you want.
Max. 1 allied detachment or formation.
No Forgeworld.

Missions are always Maelstrom and Eternal War combined, with tertiary objectives but no First Blood.

Opponents looking at the preliminary sign-ups:
Necrons x4, Space Marine variants x4, Dark Eldar (including me) x4, Demons x3, AM x2, then Eldar, Sororitas, Tyranids x1 each.

So with Necrons being a likely opponent and me doing regulary really bad against them (always tried to outshoot / outrange them so far due to lack of melee components), I think a Melee Mayhem Freakshow could do well here.

My proposed list 1.1

CAD
Succubus, Armor of Misery, Archite Glaive, Haywire Grenades (rides with Grots)

5 Kabalites with 1 Blaster in DualCannon Venom x2

Raider with Lance (for the Harlies)

3 Reaver Jetbikes with Cluster Caltrops and Heat Lance x2

Ravager, triple lances x2

Dark Artisan
Soul Thing for the Cronos, Syndriqs Sump, WWP => Warlord

Grotesquerie
3 Grotesques in each unit in 2 Raiders with Lances

Cast of Players
Death Jester
Shadowseer with Mask and mastery Lvl2
5 Players, 3 Caresses

1850 Pts

So I've got 2 -2 modifiers and 2 -1 modfiers to the enemy leadership. I've got 3 resilient Coven units, with another 2 strong melee units. The Ravagers and the Lance Raiders should take care of any armor the Grots and Dark Artisan can't handle, which shouldn't be much.

How does this look to you more experienced players?

I could throw out the Incubi and add maybe a Scalpel Squadron or something for another modifier, or maybe a Haemonculus with Archangel of Pain and join him and the Succubus to the Harlequins for a Freakshow Deathstar, but is that relying too much on that concept?

OR I could do something really radical and not field any Ravagers at all, instead bringing 2 6Jetbike units with Cluster Caltrops => max melee!

PS: Other than what I've used above (sans the Incubi and the Harlequins) I've got 2 Razorwings, 12 Reaver Jetbikes, 5 Scourges, an Archon and 5 Mandrakes sitting at home. Not a lot of Mech yet, to play the list above I'd also have to buy one Venom and one Raider.

Last edited by BlackCadian on Tue Aug 18 2015, 09:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 18:51

I want your list to work, and I've written up a list personally that looks almost exactly like this. Like all DE / Harlequin lists, AA is going to be rough. Seems like you have a fair bit of AT on a lot of different platforms.

Idle thought (not a strong suggestion): You have a lot of AI-melee units. Maybe swap the venoms for raiders for the warriors and put lances on them to make sure your first turn lance fire would be most effective (and also up your general AT quotient)? [Edit: saw your available units, try before buy!]

As for the troupe loadout, i've seen some mathammer done, and it appears that caresses or embraces are generally the way to go. See for example, this guy's blog:

http://twotimestwohobbytime.blogspot.com/2015/03/harlequin-weapon-math-anti-tank-and.html

But I haven't tested it myself so YMMV. Myself, I modeled mine with kisses because they look the coolest, and I figure nobody will be able to actually know or call me out for mis-modeling if I want to play with them having another type of attack.
Back to top Go down
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 19:56

I like your list, but if possible, could you please post a more specific version of it? I'd like to look at it with an exact breakdown of models and equipment. Also, you might consider replacing the agonizer on the Succubus with the archite glaive. The selling point of the Succubus is that she can take an AP2 weapon, while the Archon can't. It would be a shame not to take advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 22:48

I'd definitely take an Archite Glaive over an agonizer.

So far, looks good. I would be tempted to dump the Incubi and run the Succubus with one of the grotesque units. Giving her the boot would let you take Scourges or Reavers, which boosts your anti-armor and scoring capacity.
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2015, 09:14

Wow, lots of great advice already! Thanks, I appreciate it!

AA could be rough, thats true. I'll just have to weather the storm, concentrate on the objectives and try to stay out of the firing arcs. At least there'll be no Fire Raptors.

Thanks for the link to the Harlequin math!

I've updated the list in my first post and also added specifics. I dropped the Incubi for 2 units of 3 Reaver Jetbikes with Heat Lances and Cluster Caltrops - I already have the Reaver models as opposed to the Incubi anyway, my wallet would definitely be happier with this variant.

I've also added a blaster each to my Kabalites for more anti armor/anti TEQ.

One more thing - as they are point wise fairly similar - when would you rather take a Players Cast and when a Heroes Path?

PS: I'll defninitely take pics and will post batreps of the tourney!

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback   Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Tournament 1850 Pts - looking for your feedback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: