THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight   1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 08:03

I recently bought a Wraithknight and painted/modelled it to look like dark Eldar. It's got warriors swinging off it, and my Dark Eldar paint scheme. I'd really like to use it in a somewhat competitive list. If I could have some refinement to fit it into my 1500 point list that'd be great!

So far its at 1496 points, trying to cover all bases.

Dark Eldar CAD

Archon (180)
- Blaster
- Shadowfield
- Venom
  - 2x Splinter Cannon

Incubi (165)
- Klaivex
- Raider

5 Warriors (120)
- Blaster
- Venom
  - 2x Splinter Cannon

5 Warriors (120)
- Blaster
- Venom
  - 2x Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfigher (165)
- Nightshield
- 2x Dark Lance
- Splinter Cannon
- 4x Necrotoxin Missiles

Scourges (124)
- 4x  Haywire Blaster

Ravager (125)
- 3x Dark Lance

Eldar CAD

Farseer (100)

3 Windriders (51)

3 Windriders (51)

Wraithknight (295)
- Ghostglaive and Scattershield

I'm worried I'm sacrificing too much to get it in. I feel like I need to take something out just to buff up some of the units. As much as I love my Razorwing, I feel it could go. The Ravager and Scourges just seem too important to get rid of.

My other thoughts are to replace the Archon with a sing Court HQ, or replace the Farseer with an Autarch. but that's only scraping up enough for a single upgrade.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight   1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 14:37

Ok here is a few SMALL thoughts.

Replace the Farseer with Autarch with Banshee mask. Put him with the Incubi. This will allow your Incubi to charge with no overwatch.

Get scatter lasers on your Wind Riders. At least make them a threat on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight   1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 21:43

Couple of notes on the wraithknight (if you haven't used him), at 1500 points he is a complete monster so long as you are aware of the few units that will take him out (usually in a suicidal manner). He hates the grav but a 5++ and 5FNP mitigate some of that but a centstar in a pod can put on more wounds than you can save; stay in cover. Practice with stomps, reread the rules. You can use them to devastating expense as long as you use good placement. You can walk them out pretty far.

As of yet Incubi have done very little for me, as have haywire scourges; at least as far as point efficiency goes. That being said, an autarch with mask is pretty sweet sauce. Give him wings to shorten charge distances (he can move 18 so its easy to get another three inches closer than the lead incubi.) You will get alot more out of scat ot canons on the windriders than you will the scourges. The wraithknight with the sword pretty much destroys Imp knights before they can hit back, so their direct need is not as great.

With scat lasers on your bikes, you can pop transports for the venoms. Hornets are not a bad option and you can get three with pulse lasers with the loss of the ravanger and razorwing. Hornets are very good. Each has 4 8/2 shots so three get 12...at 48 inches as opposed to our ravanger that gets 3 at 36 and is open toped and is av10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight   1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Dark Eldar w/ Wraithknight
Page 1 of 1