THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Knight

Go down 
+15
KiloFiX
stilgar27
RCZ
Tengu
Massaen
John M
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
@miral
lament.config
Creeping Darkness
Jimsolo
The Shredder
Squidmaster
Soullez
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 11:32

I am currently painting a Wraithknight in the colour scheme of my Dark Eldar, and it had me thinking. When I bought my first Talos, I expected it to be slightly larger than it actually is. I recently thought it would be cool if we had a Dark Eldar knight along the lines of a giant Talos/Cronos that is the height of a wraithknight, and scaled to that size.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 14:47

That was actually one of the many rumours before the release of our current Codex which came up completely naught.
Most of that probably based on the hope this picture created:
Dark Eldar Knight 379534_md-Dark%20Eldar,%20Haemonculi

But it didn't happen, and to be honest I'm glad it didn't.
If there were a larger scale thing, I would want it to be more thematically useful. Another big monster is just, a bigger monster.
You start at Wrack, it gets bigger and its a Grotesque, then a Chronos, then a Talos. Another bigger monster just to me seems unimaginative, and I would want any larger scale unit we got to be more functional to a standard Dark Eldar force instead of just a Coven themed only thing.
Lets not forget, that the core of the STANDARD Dark Eldar is the Kabals.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 15:42

The problem I have is that a big, hulking monstrosity would kinda go against the D principle of speed over armour.

Or, at least, it would if GW didn't get their understanding of physics from watching anime. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 17:48

I would love to see some kind of uber-grotesque: some big, amalgamated monstrosity, like a 'glom, stitched together from hundreds of lesser corpses. Totally awesome.

If the Kabal side of the equation were going to get a Lord of War, I'd rather prefer some kind of massive, fast moving gunboat. Something with multiple gunners, some kind of holo-field, and a good speed, that sort of thing. Maybe a dual kit with a gunboat variant and a troop transport variant.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 02:18

Maybe we could harness one of those beasties from the seventh dimension that the Dark Gate opens a temporary portal to? Although I'd prefer the big ol' gunboat route, too.

We could always borrow from Epic, like every other big kit seems to have, and bring in a Pleasure barge, Executor module (maybe too big, but would then have the distinction in appearing in 40k, Epic and BFG!), or, you know, the Knasharakk...

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 20:20

I'm still a fan of the Coven monstrosity. I've seen a few really good conversions of Dark Eldar wraithknight and I've got the envy.

The gunboat idea is good but, it just sounds line a tantalus.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 22:10

I think a flying talos kind of MC would be appropriate. Some scourge tech talos with melta/haywire and stronger torrent liquifier...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 09:36

lament.config wrote:
The gunboat idea is good but, it just sounds like a tantalus.

And to be honest, I would be perfectly happy with that idea.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 12:49

I'd rather have something to kill that. Maybe a Ravager formation or something. Giving up all Lance shots to get one D shot for every Ravager. Or something.

Trueborn
The Shredder

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 13:55

How about we fuse a Talos with a Ravager? Razz
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 13:59

The Shredder wrote:
How about we fuse a Talos with a Ravager? Razz

The problem with that idea is that Tavager sounds like somebody's butler and Ralos sounds like a cure for baldness Very Happy

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 14:09

"Tavager, another cup of agony for our guests."

"Of course, sir."

Must... resist... urge to make Sslyth butler.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 18:11

The Shredder wrote:

"Of course, sir."

must you?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 19:07

I picked up a glotkin model this week to make a giant grotesque counts as imperial knight!

I like the fact its desperate allies as well -

Archon - So my dear haemonculus, what marvels are you deploying from the flesh vats today?

Haemonculus - my lord archon, see yonder the giant abomination?

Archon - indeed I do! Why have you deployed it so far away?

Haemonculus - lets just say my lord I don't entirely trust it! Better to have it at a safe distance!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 19:13

Massaen wrote:
I picked up a glotkin model this week to make a giant grotesque counts as imperial knight!

I like the fact its desperate allies as well -

Archon - So my dear haemonculus, what marvels are you deploying from the flesh vats today?

Haemonculus - my lord archon, see yonder the giant abomination?

Archon - indeed I do! Why have you deployed it so far away?

Haemonculus - lets just say my lord I don't entirely trust it! Better to have it at a safe distance!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 19:28

It could be either...A nice big boat to carry away as many captives as possible or a honking big castigator.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 23:46

Ooh! A big torture barque! Give it a huge cargo area. It could be like a chariot. Give it a shooting attack with pinning, and a rule that if it destroys infantry with its melee attack, it carries them off and scores an extra VP. You could also let it transport a unit, but it can't get the prisoner bonus if a unit's embarked.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 23:21

Tengu wrote:
It could be either...A nice big boat to carry away as many captives as possible or a honking big castigator.

Can we get both?
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 07:18

I would prefer a nice uber jumping monstrous creature a-la brass scorpion made out of flesh, haemunculi baby love and metal. Something that can have some AA and flamers, and everytime that kills a intire unit do someting (dont know, 5+ it regains one wound)
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 06:37

I actually built a very large "sllyth-knight" for my exodite/dark eldar list using some dragon and giant bits based around a skaven hellpit abomination body (cuz big with 4 arms).  As a snake, I had to have him draped over a tree on the base to get up to the appropriate height for a wraithknight (Like 8.5").  He's very WIP but I'll get some picture of when I get a chance.  I plan on having a hamenculi handler riding on his back when (or if) he's completed.

At this point I feel so guilty playing any craftworlders, I sort of abandoned the project after fielding him in a couple friendly games.

Edit: Pics added.  He needs even more work than I remembered, especially the shield arm, but you get the idea.  His atrophied little wings of course count as his jump pack.

Dark Eldar Knight 20150905_014536_1

Dark Eldar Knight 20150905_014546_1

I also noticed colonel commissar gaunt is in the process of charging him there in the corner - brave guy.

Last edited by stilgar27 on Sat Sep 05 2015, 07:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 08:24

The picture is way too small. Sorry.

Sybarite
stilgar27

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 09:01

CptMetal wrote:
The picture is way too small. Sorry.

Clicking on it should link to the full size version, although it's on some crappy banner ad website (which I always forget about because I use a script blocker and never see the ads).

For some reason I couldn't get the larger forum preview urls to work.
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2015, 03:52

Use a pair of Raider / Ravager sails as wings.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20 2015, 04:10

We need something like the various sized Castigators in the book 'path of the Archon' .... when Vect releases them upon the DarkCity.....described as everything from wraithguard to Wraithlord sized to Kinght Sized mutated things with multiple tortured soul stones implanted in them, all spikey,bladed, with weapons similar to wraith cannons,agonizers , blasters, other mean azz things... also apparently 'hyperactive'- fast moving. I am working on a couple for visual examples.....
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2015, 14:17

John M wrote:
The Shredder wrote:

"Of course, sir."

must you?

A Sslyth in formal attire... Now that would be brilliant. All those arms for carrying Master's favourite weapons...

Dark Eldar Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Knight   Dark Eldar Knight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Knight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next